rebecca

HAVEN International Debuts

Thanks to the International Distribution Team at YFG Releasing (and thanks to Mel for uploading for me):

International Releases for HAVEN

We realize a lot of information is missing, such as actual debut dates, etc., but that's because negotiations are on-going with distributors in each country or geographical region. Hopefully this will at least give an indication of which countries/regions can expect a release. As always, we'll update as new information comes in.

Shoot. Jill, you're absolutely right. Corrected sheet will be put up shortly.

:lol: You did that just to increase the dramatic tension, didn't you Jane?!

Thanks for the info, I look forward to the possibility of a UK release, or at least a UK DVD :) .

Um, I know you said lots of information was still missing Jane, but except from the name of a (possible ?) film distributor for the Benelux, I see no information there indeed. is that a good thing or a bad ? I ám getting the region 1 DVD anyway, but can I still hope for a release on the big screen here or not ? Do you know how I've got to interpret this list - or more specific, the absence of info for my region ?

:yahoo: They will release Haven in Finland! (only on dvd, but still!) I had hardly any hope of seing this film, but now. :w00t:

Thank you rebecca for posting this! :hug: This is so great news.

Love,

Anni

:O Colombia is there!

There is not date but still.It's WONDERFUL :cheer:. Thanks for the info and the joy, It's in time like this one that I'm much more proud to be a ka-bloomie. :hug:

Stardust.

This is GREAT news! I was so hoping ka-Bloomies in other parts of the world would get to see this wonderful movie and the wonderful performance by Orlando!

Thanks Jane and Mark for giving us the information!

I am so happy my fellow Ka-bloomies in other parts of the world will get to see Haven and to see Orlando's outstanding performance. :cheer:

Thank you Jane for posting this. :2thumbs:

Kim

Terrific news for our ka-Bloomie sisters around the world. Thanks, Jane, for the update, and Jill for catching the omission.

:hug:

WW

Um, I know you said lots of information was still missing Jane, but except from the name of a (possible ?) film distributor for the Benelux, I see no information there indeed.
I know, it's frustrating when all that's listed is a location, and nothing else. My guess is that the best way to interpret that is to assume that negotiations are on-going with a film distributor, but that it's yet to be determined how the film will be distributed (theater vs. DVD, timeframe, etc.). The good news is that Benelux is being considered, so I take that as a positive -- there is hope.

:oh: Hmm I'll assume they're still in negotiations with the Australian film distributors :beatsme::nails: .

:oh: Hmm I'll assume they're still in negotiations with the Australian film distributors :beatsme::nails: .

I'm with you here Salamanda. or do you think we've fallen off the world again?

I can always get the Region 1 DVD - but, hey, it would be great to see the movie in a theatre.

xx S

I can always get the Region 1 DVD - but, hey, it would be great to see the movie in a theatre.

xx S

Semmley, just in case we don't get the movie here in Australia, could you explain to me the difference in the Regions for the DVDs. I was only aware that there was a difference between PAL or NTSC. Please excuse my ignorance in this area. I guess I too must have fallen off the edge of the world again. :giveup:

Thanks darling, no release so far in Austria, but the TV station Pro 7 obviously bought it, so I can see it on telly.

That's better than nothing.

Hugs and Love

Isa

Um, I know you said lots of information was still missing Jane, but except from the name of a (possible ?) film distributor for the Benelux, I see no information there indeed.
I know, it's frustrating when all that's listed is a location, and nothing else. My guess is that the best way to interpret that is to assume that negotiations are on-going with a film distributor, but that it's yet to be determined how the film will be distributed (theater vs. DVD, timeframe, etc.). The good news is that Benelux is being considered, so I take that as a positive -- there is hope.

Thanks for your guess Jane - I thought it might mean this indeed, but now that I see you putting my guess into words, I can have a little more hope. Keeping my fingers crossed here, although I do will be buying the region 1 DVD - but it would be so nice to see this movie on the big screen too, whether or not I've already seen it on DVD.

xx S

Semmley, just in case we don't get the movie here in Australia, could you explain to me the difference in the Regions for the DVDs. I was only aware that there was a difference between PAL or NTSC. Please excuse my ignorance in this area. I guess I too must have fallen off the edge of the world again. :giveup:

Hi Linda. I hope Semmley doesn't mind me butting in here.

In their wisdom, the people who market and manufacture DVDs decided to divide the world up into regions. It's all based on film distribution. If a film has played in cinemas in one region, but not in another, the DVD release can be held back. It also means they stop people in places like Oz buying DVDs cheap over the Internet. It's also meant, somehow, to prevent piracy, that it's certainly not doing anything to stop that.

US and Canada is Region 1,

Europe is Region 2,

Asia is Region 3,

Australasia and Latin America is Region 4.

India, Africa and the former Soviet Union is Region 5,

China is Region 6 and

special categories, e.g. airlines, are Region 8.

7 and 9 are currently vacant.

DVD manufacturers (some of whom are also in the film business, e.g. Sony) fit each DVD player with a chip for the region it's going to be sold in. Some, however, are multi-region. I've got a multi-region player, so I can buy DVDs from, say, Amazon in the US and play them on my player. My old DVD player was strictly Region 4, so I couldn't do that.

Hope that helps.

Birdy

Birdy,

Thanks for that I was getting all confused about DVDS, especially after my sister (who lives in Louisville, Kentucky) came back home to OZ last year for a brief stay for our mother's funeral. Whilst she was here my children could only watch the DVDs that she brought with her on her portable DVD player. Obviously all my DVD players (3 plus one portable) [that's one each and one for sanity in the car] are only compatible for our region. I will have to get out the instruction booklets to see what they have to say.

Many thanks :hug:

Linda.

UK, is there! :cheer: :yahoo: :cheer: ! I'm soooo happy! There's not a date yet, but I don't care!

Thanks Matt, YFG and anyone else who has helped bring this to Ka-blooies around the world!

I've just checked in again. We had a family party today. Thank you BigBird for replying to LindaSub. It has been great to have a multi-region DVD player. It meant getting KOH EE in May instead of September. But I ordered POTC DMC through EZYDVD (Aust) because it comes out earlier than Region 1.

I guess this is not strictly to the Haven thread, but networking this way does allow us all to get ideas for seeing Orlando's films as early as possible.

Once again, thank you BigBird - you explained it all so well. :hug:

xx S

Great news about this being distributed by Momentum in the UK.

Do you think that it does any good to contact your local cinema and ask them if they are going to show this film? We have a, so called, independent cinema here I wonder if a bit of advance interest will encourage them.

tatoola

Guest WinchesterCrazy

Well I don't see Australia on the list. Not surprising, at all! Oh well, no big loss! I just pre-ordered my copy of the DVD from Amazon.com a few days ago! December 26 can't come soon enough!