ka-Bloom.org Forum

Haven DVD release

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was reading the Boston Herald earlier this morning they mentioned Haven in the DVD Releases for this coming week. :cheer: They listed the price at $27.98 with a featurette. So I was happy to see that. :yahoo:

Kim :wreath:

I'll be at Best Buy as soon as they open ($17.99). It is advertised in their circular today. I CANNOT wait to see Orlando's superb performance in this movie again! I started clapping when the movie was over and most of the audience joined me. I'm more excited about getting this DVD than I am about Christmas gifts! Well, we all know what we will be doing December 26. Enjoy!

I'll be in line right behind you, Nezisme. I can't wait to see it again. We'll be having house guests all week, but I hope to find the time to watch it as soon as is humanly possible.

Aliza

My Amazon account says delivery estimate: January 3 - 5. That's what it said the last time I looked. Ah well, they say patience is a virtue.

:whistle:

Barbara

I think it was the same for me. So we are in the same boat Barbara. I will just enjoy Pirates 2 until I get Haven. :shiny:

Kim

My Amazon account says delivery estimate: January 3 - 5. That's what it said the last time I looked. Ah well, they say patience is a virtue.

:whistle:

Barbara

When I checked my order this morning, that's what it said for me as well. It'll be delayed because I chose the free shipping option (my order was over $39 CDN, which is the limit at Amazon.ca), but that's okay. I'm still enjoying POTC 2 immensely, and am in no rush to have to decide between the two movies. I have no idea which I'd choose! :beatsme: Oh well, at least by the time it gets here my husband will be back to work from the holidays, so I can watch it in peace. :yess::yahoo: He's tolerant, but that doesn't stop him from making his snide little comments through the movie. :rant: :P

Hello all! Sadly, Haven also did not come out anywhere near me, although, I was stuck in an airport for two hours in Atlanta the day it was released there, and my local video store has not exactly been accomidating in allowing me to preorder it (I realize that it's NOT going to sell out in Cincinnati, but our stores tend to be a bit sketchy and just kind of not get in some of the lesser known movies, unless one person preorders, then they have to get it in.) and I just found out today that my parents had preordered it for me as a christmas gift :present: :pulp: and I get to go pick it up tomorrow!As if getting a Jack standup to go with Will and Legolas wasn't enough!

Amanda

I couldn't find it at my Best Buy, but the clerks were so busy I didn't want to bug them to look it up; everyone was busy spending their gift cards. So, like you Adrianne, I hit Target, and they had it. I was surprised, as they (at least the one near me) usually only have the big releases. (I did see shelves of picked-over POTC2 DVDs. :lol: )

My RL today (I'm off all week) consists of watching the DVD, and others (I'm working my way through Season 5 of 24, via Netflix), eating the supply of junk food I laid in, and maybe some laundry. My life is such a whirlwind. :rolleyes:

After a failed attempt at Wal-Mart last night and 5 different stores today, I finally got my hands on Haven. I went to Wal-Mart this morning and to my dismay, they didn't have it out yet. I asked the sales lady and she said they had it in the back but she refused to go get it for me. :waaah: So I headed for Best Buy. I grabbed the first sales guy I could find and asked for it. They didn't get any in. :wtf: So I hit Disc Jockey Music and Joseph-Beth with no luck. My final try was Target and hallaluah they had it! :yahoo: I just finished watching it. I'm just about speechless. I have waited so long and have now finally seen it. Orlando was superb. And can I just add a little SQUEEE for potty mouth Orlando? SQUEEE!!!! Ok, I'm off to watch it again and again and again.

~Ivy~

Congratulations to all you ladies who have your copy of "Haven." :yahoo: I'm patiently waiting for Amazon to deliver mine. Hopefully, it will get here shortly after the first of the year.

:present:

Barbara

ETA: I just got an e-mail that my Amazon order has shipped. :yahoo: And I got a $3.00 discount because the price went down after I had placed my order. WooHoo!!

Hurray for all you ladies who already have their copy of Haven ! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy ! :hott:

Sadly, I went to WalMart today and found out they had ALL SOLD OUT ! :beatsme: They even went into the back to see if they could find more copies. But, all they could say was that they would be ordering more, and I should check back later in the week !

But I can't wait that long -- so it's off to Best Buy tomorrow. Hopefully they won't be all sold out too ! :waaah: I guess that's what happens when an Orlando Bloom movie doesn't come to Charlotte !

I saw it in Atlanta, and now I can't wait to get my DVD. :yahoo:

I had a simliar experience at Walmart and FYE. Neither had it. FYE tried to tell me it had come out in September, then said it hadn't come out at all. :beatsme:

I am SO glad I have Ka-Bloom to keep me informed!

It took me 3 tries to get into Best Buy because of the traffic. There was serious gridlock in all directions on all entrances. I finally took a turn through the mall and used their exit to get into it. :waaah: They even had an employee directing foot traffic inside the store.

It's well worth the effort, though. I can't wait to watch it tonight. :yahoo:

Beth 37

I seem to have woken up with a cold/flu thing, but hubby was nice enough to brave the stores for me and found it at HMV. He said they only had one copy left!

Jules

I watched it! Yay! :yahoo: :towel:

Not without some drama: my copy was defective, so I had to go back to the store :rant: and exchange it, but I managed to score a Jack Sparrow cannibal bobble head on sale, so I can't really complain.

The film is as good a I remember and the acting is even better. I love the round-a-bout scenes. And the 3 witches. I don't get why some commentators thought it was confusing. It's not without obfuscation and a few small holes in the narrative but the whole thing ties up quite clearly to me. Not the ending perhaps we would have asked for, but still a compelling and well told story.

:cheer:

Aliza

I finally got the email notice that my copy has shipped from Amazon. I am really looking forward to watching it again.

I'm very happy for all of you who are just now seeing it for the first time. It's a great little film.

Krissy

When I went to go check the mail today, I found a package for me and it was from Best Buy. The package had my Haven DVD inside. :cheer: I just got finished watching it and man was it good. This was my first time ever seeing the movie because it didn't come to a theater anywhere near where I live. It was definitely worth the wait. Orlando is outstanding as Shy. :wub: He portrayed Shy's anguish and anger perfectly. :clap: I agree with you totally aliza, the movie is really compelling and very well told. I realized that you really do have to pay attention to the whole movie to know what is going on. That was definitely not a problem. :innocent: The only thing I couldn't figure out was why Shy's mother was crying at the end.

Like some of you, my first visit this morning was Wal-Mart. I went to F.Y.E and did not see anything either. I decided to try Target before the longer drive to Best Buy. I love Target and I don't know why I didn't go there first, especially with the giftcard I got for Christmas. I should have known they would have it, that is where I got 'Everything is Illuminated' and we didn't get that in the theaters either.

Anyway, I loved the movie! I have not seen it before. I can't wait to see it again, now that I know the timeline. Orlando did a great job!

Anar

Anyway, so I had a very intresting situation today getting Haven. As I had said in an earlier post, my mom had preordered it for me at Suncoast (our local video store) some time ago; when my dad took me to pick it up today, they said that they had only gotten THREE copies in and had sold out of them BEFORE filling the preorders. to say the least, I was not very happy, actually, this --> :waaah: is kind of what I felt like. Well, the poor guy who was helping us said that he would call down to FYE to see if they had it, they were sold out too. I was already REALLY not happy because my dad had been cracking jokes all day about how bad this movie probably was (I personally kind of liked it. :beatsme: ) and I had really decided he had a death wish. At the Louisville premire of Elizabethtown, my dad had made a negitive comment about Haven and he was about killed by the people behind me. To try to reason with me, he took me to Best Buy, where they had several copies of it and I came right home to watch it, my Dad has yet still to touch the case, I think he's afraid that I will bite him or something like that if he even tries to look at the case! I hope you ladies get it soon and I'm still happy to try and help those of you who may need help with your DVD players!

Amanda