Patty

176 posts in this topic

I ran across this release information at the TLA (Theatre of the Living Arts) website. I hope it is accurate, because I can't wait to see this movie. :yahoo:

Haven (2006)

DVD

PRODUCT INFORMATION: (2006, 99 min)

Studio: Fox

Cast: Orlando Bloom, Bill Paxton, Anthony Mackie, Zoe Saldana

Director: Frank E. Flowers

Screenwriter: Frank E. Flowers

Rating: R

TLA Rating: Not yet reviewed.

DVD Dual

Our Price: $24.99 | List Price: $27.99 | You Save: $3.00 (10%)

PRE-ORDER: Available 12/26/2006

SYNOPSIS

From the makers of Crash comes this electrifying thriller with an all-star cast. On the idyllic shores of the Cayman Islands, Shy (Bloom) and Andrea (Saldana) share a secret her parents can never know: they are in love. But a night of passion leads to their discovery and a devastating act of vengeance by Andrea's brother (Mackie). Meanwhile, a shady American businessman (Paxton) has fled with his daughter to the Islands to avoid federal prosecution, only to be drawn into a dangerous web of deceit. As lives intersect and truths are revealed, a chain reaction of violence is set in motion that will determine whether love can survive the fall of paradise.

KEYWORDS

Romance, Thriller

GENRES

Art House/Independent, Drama

PRODUCT FORMAT INFORMATION:

DVD: Dual $24.99

Availability: PRE-ORDER: Available 12/26/2006

Close Caption: Yes

Region Code: 1

UPC: 024543252146

Catalog #: DD2386922

Studio: Fox

Languages: English Dolby Digital 5.1 - Primary

English subtitles

Spanish subtitles

Aspect Ratio: 1.85

Pan & Scan

Extras: Anamorphic

3 trailers

Features: Featurette (Making-of featurette)

http://www.tlamovies.com/details/product_d.g=0&enable=true

I'm sure Jane will tell us soon enough if Matt at YFG can confirm this for us or not. Thank you, Patty!

I was really hoping that we'd be able to get it before the end of the year. I think watching Shy in the Caymans will be a nice way to warm up during the Winter! This will be at the top of my day-after-Christmas shopping list.

ETA: I'll try to remember to put my Haven sig and avatar back up to help promote the DVD when the date gets closer.

For those of you who get a little cash gift at Christmas, this would be a great way to spend it -- cause, of course you will already have bought the POTC2 DVD ! :lol:

Two Orlando DVD's in one month ! :cheer:

2 of his movies on DVD in the same month?!? :cheer: :clap::yahoo: That would make me so unbelievably happy. I know where my Christmas money is going. Thanks for the information Patty. :hug:

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~

Oh I sure hope this is right! :w00t: I can't wait to see this again! :cheer: This would be a great after Christmas gift to myself! :yahoo:

Thank you for the heads up Patty. :hug:

Kim

It's funny, but I'm more excited about seeing this again than I am DMC. :tomato:

It's such a good movie. I'm just going to have to pass out earplugs to the parrots so they don't learn a certain word. :whistle:

Beth 37

This is great, promising news. :clap: It never came to my area, so this is the only way I'll get to see it.

Thanks for the heads up!

:cheer: *Rubs hands together in anticipation*. This is so exciting to have two DVDs in one month. I can't wait for either of them! I know what I will be doing over the holidays - good time for an "Orlando fest"! Keeping my fingers crossed that the release date for Haven rings true as this is the only time I will get to see it.

:hug:

Charlie

Yes, Matt has confirmed that HAVEN's DVD release date in the US is December 26th. This is actually a HUGE selling date for DVD's. So take your store credits from returns, and the gift cards you received and grab your copy. :2thumbs:

I see that's only for regio 1 ! :cry:

Does anybody know when it will be released in Europe ?

Nevertheless, thank you for posting this.

Thank you Matt and Rebecca for the news. I know this is probably a stupid question, but will it be relased in Wal-Mart as well or only in certain stores?

ETA: I just went on comingsoon.net and they also have Haven for release on December 26. I wonder when it will be available for pre-order?

Yay! I know what I'll be doing with my Christmas money this year (my one aunt always sends me $30 in a card, usually with a Barbie or something on it, even though I'm in my 20's now! lol!). Oh yes, my husband will be SO thrilled to have another Orlando movie in the house. :naughty::lol: Hooray for Patty, Rebecca, and Matt for bringing us this fabulous news! This just totally made sure my holiday season will be jolly! :cheer:

:yahoo: :cheer: It will most likely be at Curcuit City and/or Target and I will definitely be there to pick up my copy of Haven! :yahoo: :cheer:

Thank you Jane, Kira, Matt and YFG for making this the best Christmas ever! :hug: POTC: DMC & Haven on DVD, what more can I ask for! :present:

Kim

:yahoo: :cheer: This is the best news of the day! Thank you all for letting us know. Quite the month of December we ka-Bloomies will be having, eh? :pulp:

The news makes me very happy, but knowing the area where I live, I'm pretty sure I'll have to order it from Amazon. Our stores never carried Ned Kelly, and Calium Kid never came out on Region 1. (I bought an all region dvd player just for Calcium Kid. :blush: ) Now all I have to do is be patient until December when I can take two trips to the Caribbean. :cheer:

Oh this is STELLAR news! A nice little Christmas present for ka-Bloomies. And I won't need the excuse of returning unwanted Christmas gifts to go buy it!

I think I can survive until December for Haven. I had feared it would be a while before we got the DVD release. I usually hate to be out on the day after Christmas but for Orlando, I'll make an exception. Now I'm actually looking forward to the holidays. :present: Thanks for the info. Jane, Matt and Patty.

~Ivy~

Thank you for this very very good news, Patty, Jane and Matt! The holiday season just got a little brighter.

I can't wait to see Haven a couple few hundred more times and I'm pretty impatient to see DMC (again and again and again) also.

Aliza

:wine: Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all of us! This will be a Boxing Day to remember.

Thanks for the good news, Matt. And I promise to do my best to spread the love while standing in the check-out line. :throb:

I'm happy more people (including me :cheer: ) will soon have the chance to see this film, even if it means buying it from the US. I foresee a number of Christmas lists including the words 'multi-region dvd player'.

Oh this is the best news I have had in ages! :cheer:

The all region dvd player is the best this I have ever got myself, so it being released on region 1 is so not a problem with me.

Oh am so happy, thank you so much for this news. :w00t:

Love Pip.