HeySailor

21 posts in this topic

HAVEN is among the nominees for "Best Movie" by High Times for their 6th annual Stony Awards to be awarded October 24 in NYC. How funny, what a doobie-ous honor. I had read somewhere else that HAVEN had 6 nominations but I cannot find a list of nominees on the magazine website.

And the public can vote for 7 of the 20 catagories. Vote for HAVEN: http://www.hightimes.com/ht/lounge/index.p.e=form_stoney_1

HAVEN is among the nominees for "Best Movie" by High Times for their 6th annual Stony Awards to be awarded October 24 in NYC. How funny, what a doobie-ous honor. I had read somewhere else that HAVEN had 6 nominations but I cannot find a list of nominees on the magazine website.

That's great ! :2thumbs:

Thank you Jill for letting us know. I never heard of these awards either, but its nice that Haven was nominated for Best Movie! :)

Kim

And it got two other noms as well!! Agnes Bruckner for Best Stoned Actress and for Best Pot Scene.

It's got to win something with all those noms.

I could wish for other forms of critical acclaim, but hey, every little bit helps right? :lol:

I wonder if the awards will be handed out in chips bags. :wink:

Hey, dawg, don't Bogart that statuette! :smoke:

Wonder if the award is shaped like a bong? :blink:

Hey, any publicity, is good publicity. :2thumbs:

For those too young to remember (I had to read about it on the internet :innocent: ) - High Times started out in the 60s (around the time of Rolling Stone and Mother Jones), and was pretty much all about the weed. How to make your own bong, roll your own, which papers were better, etc. etc. It was there in Tower Records, next to the psychadelic Jimi Hendrix posters and lava lamps (and, when you could still buy the stuff in a store, various drug paraphrenalia; the bongs, the papers, hell, the 'grow your own' instruction booklets!).

So "Stoney" Awards makes perfect sense.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

How funny, what a doobie-ous honor.

:lol:

Thanks for bringing this to us, HeySailor. Hmmm, will they show (roach)clips from the movies at the awards?

I think this is hysterical.

They should have Willie Nelson as the Emcee! He and his band just got caught with a pound and a half of the stuff. :O

Beth 37

Besides Best Movie, Best Actress (Agnes Bruckner) and Best Pot Scene in a Movie (Not to be confused with Best Pot Scene), HAVEN has a fourth nom - for Best Soundtrack. Less than a week to the awards show. If it's televised, I'll be in the front row chewing my fingernails - and Cheetos.