ka-Bloom.org Forum

Little movie, Lotta miles!

I was making my plans to see Haven on the 22nd, and noticed that it was going to be 500 miles round trip. I got to thinking…wouldn't it be fun to add up all the ka-bloomie miles traveled to see the movie?

So here's what I thought we could do for a little fun:

• Post your round trip miles to see Haven
  • Keep a running total (adding to the previously posted miles)

It doesn't matter if you are one of the short-trippers. Every mile counts.

So far, we have my 500 miles. Who's next?

Oooh, this will be fun!

Monday's screening: roughly 42 miles each way, so let's round it up to 85 miles total.

Yesterday's viewing: about 35 miles each way = 70 miles.

So far, I log 155 miles.

Geri's 500 + mine = Total ka-Bloomie miles: 655.

What a great idea! :2thumbs: Should I include my friend's miles? She will be coming from Ipswich, MA to pick me up and then we will be going into Boston to see Haven! :cheer:

It will be interesting to see what we end up with. :)

Kim

Great, fun idea, Geri! :clap:

According to Mapquest, I'll be traveling 67.96 miles each way to the theater in Atlanta on the 19th to see the Haven screening. We'll round that off to 68 miles, or 136 miles round trip.

That would bring the total ka-Bloomie miles up to 791. :cheer:

I think we'll definitely be giving Orlando's movie the love he's asking for. :wub:

Kim, I can't speak for Geri, but I think she might just be looking for ka-Bloomie miles here. Maybe she'll pop back in later and see your question.

It's a 30 mile round trip to the theater for me on Tuesday. That would bring our total to 821 miles. :cheer:

Deian and I are also planning to see it again at least once over the weekend. Geri- do two kaBloomies traveling together count as twice the miles? We'll add those in after we know which theater we're going to for the regular run.

Krissy

I've already got my hotel reservation for next weekend in Atlanta to see Haven. It's a five-hour drive for me, approx. 250 miles one way for a grand total of 500 miles ! Orlando is so worth it ! :yahoo:

Making a total so far of 1424 miles ! :clap:

Well let me see. If you include my friend's mileage from Ipswich, MA to my house and back it will be 44 miles and then add the mileage from my house to the Loews Theatre in Boston and back, that would be 20 miles. So that will make 64 miles when we go next Saturday, providing she still wants to go. I haven't heard back since I e-mailed her the two theaters that will have it in Boston. She did say we will go even if it is in Boston. :)

So that would bring the total Ka-bloomie miles to 1488! Orlando is worth every mile! :wub:

Maybe after Haven has its theater run, maybe someone could e-mail the total mileage to the Yari Film Group and then they might be able to show Orlando. Just a thought. :wink:

Kim

Geri this is so fun!! Great idea.:hug:

Hubby and I are going to see it Monday, in Austin.

Round trip from our house, to the theater is 49 miles, so for two people, that equals 98 miles.

Hopefully I will be going to the Dallas get together, and the theater in Plano is about 218 miles from home. So a round trip will be 436 miles.

436 + 98 = 534!!!!

1488 + 534 = 2,022 ka-Bloomie miles!!! :cheer:

(so far :wink: )

"Maybe after Haven has its theater run, maybe someone could e-mail the total mileage to the Yari Film Group and then they might be able to show Orlando. Just a thought."

Great idea, Kim!

I looking forward to seeing the total!

My husband and I are travelling from southern NM to Phoenix which is 638 miles roundtrip. Since there's two of us that's 1276 miles roundtrip for the two of us.

2022 miles + 1276 miles (Lisa Q and husband)= 3298

Whoohoo.go ka-Bloomies, go! :2thumbs:

Orlando, we are indeed seeking out the movie and giving it a lot of love, hon! :wub:

Geri, I love your ideas!

Ok, I will have to travel home from college to pick up my best friend before going to the theatre. So it is approx. 30 miles from school to my house. Then 3 miles from my house to my best friend's house. Then 10 miles from her house to the theatre. After figuring out the return trip and then doubling the part to the theatre, my total is 106 miles.

3386 + my 106= 3492!!!

I agree, we are giving this little movie a lot of love which is definiely worth it. :)

~Mollie~

I'll add my shorter trip in. I'll be driving down to Tampa with a friend on Saturday, which is about 39 miles from me. So add both of us together, and the round trip is 156 miles.

3492 + 156 = 3648

We're excited to see it, because we both took a cruise this summer and spent a day in Grand Cayman! So we'll be looking for familiar sights (and sites). If we can tear our eyes away from Orlando long enough, that is. :shiny:

I'll be driving up Tuesday from Columbus. It is approximately 120 miles one way, so I'm adding 240 to 3648 and that makes 3888 And I'm hoping to repeat the drive the following weekend.

This is a fun little game! Every little bit counts right? Well if I add my 40 miles (20 milesx2) that brings us to a whopping total of 3,928!! And that's a lot of lovin' miles.

(We should have a prize for those who have traveled the farthest. :) )

Kim

Two ka-Bloomies will be traveling up to my house from Richmond (that's a 200 mile round trip X two people, so that's 400 miles). The three of us will be traveling into downtown DC to see the movie (that's 26 miles round trip x three people, which is 78 miles).

4,208 + 478= 4,686

"Maybe after Haven has its theater run, maybe someone could e-mail the total mileage to the Yari Film Group and then they might be able to show Orlando. Just a thought." Great idea, Kim!
FYI, We've let Matt at YFG know about our mileage tracking. He thinks it's an excellent idea and looks forward to seeing the final mileage numbers. :)

So I traveled 4 miles to work this morning, then it's about 3 miles to the theatre from here and then about 5 miles home from there, round trip 12 whole miles, added to the KB total is 4698!

Every little bit helps, right? (Can I add the imaginary miles from here to the Caymans & back?)

Aliza

"Maybe after Haven has its theater run, maybe someone could e-mail the total mileage to the Yari Film Group and then they might be able to show Orlando. Just a thought." Great idea, Kim!
FYI, We've let Matt at YFG know about our mileage tracking. He thinks it's an excellent idea and looks forward to seeing the final mileage numbers. :)

Oh wow! That's so cool!