LenaLove

54 posts in this topic

I agree with kathryn about the Ricky Gervais impression. I didn't see it until you mentioned it, but I can totally see it. He's got that same fast-pased rhythm.

Yeah, I don't know so much a Ricky impression, but Orlando made a piece of writing that was very much Ricky's all his own. The bit where he waves his hands and snarks about Edward Scissorhands. Although my :faint: spot was the way he asks, kind of with a giggle, "What you rollin' your eyes at?" Bless.

Counting the hours til Thursday. Mother will be demanding silence in the living room.. I might let them laugh and admire Orlando's comedic acting skills though ;)

:lmao: I finally got to see this after waiting patiently all day because we can't access You Tube from the school computers. I can only say heit was well worth the wait. I can't wait for Thursday/Friday when the entire clip is up. I've watched just this bit several times already. :lol:

Thanks so much!

Love it, love it! It's great to see Orlando as Orlando, (even though it isn't Orlando)...... if you see what I mean.

Thanks so much for the clip, Jan et al.

I certainly do know what you mean Cazrider and I hope people remember that he isn't playing himself, that he is playing the opposite of himself. :) And he certainly did a fabulous job. :throb: And like everyone else, I can't stop watching it. I can't wait to see the entire episode. :2thumbs:

Thank you Jan for grabbing the clip from YouTube. :hug:

Kim

Oh my God! :rofl: :lmao: That was hilarious. I usually don't like arrogant men, but he just plays it so well, I would fall for him in a second. That was great seeing him play something he is totally not. That was hilarious about the Johnny thing too. Thanks for the info LenaLove. :hug:

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~

Thanks to everyone who brought this clip here! I cannot wait to see the whole thing. "It's not just that I'm a film star, it's my face!" :lol:

Aliza

Thanks to everyone who brought us this clip! :hug:He's It's hilarious! I can't wait to see the whole thing.

th_73926_Scotsman130906_122_469lo.JPG

There's an article in today's Scotsman newspaper about Ashley Jensen and her role as Maggie in Extras. It's quite a long article so I've only quoted the part where she mentions Orlando and their scenes in the first episode.

'Seeing [famous people] up close has made me realise they're just people who happen to be film stars. Those figures that you see 24ft high, up there on the cinema screen, are actually just like you and me. Orlando Bloom's face is everywhere at the moment. When he arrived on set, I was thinking, 'That's Orlando Bloom!' but he was just a lovely, unpretentious guy.'

Jensen has several terrific scenes with Bloom in the first episode of the new series of Extras, which starts tomorrow night on BBC2. The joke is that Maggie, constantly gagging for a date, rejects the actor regularly voted the most fanciable man on the planet. Maggie tells him to his face that people only say he's attractive because he's famous. 'If you were the prop boy, you'd get ignored.' Bloom responds with increasingly desperate attempts to impress her by slagging off his supposed rival heart-throb, Johnny Depp. Boastfully showing Maggie a poll that names himself as No.1 Fantasy Snog For Women, Bloom 'casually' mentions that 'you better not show this to Johnny Depp. He's only No.4.'

:lol: I can't wait to see this tomorrow.

No.1 Fantasy Snog For Women

Can't wait! :lol:

As for the "lovely unpretentious guy" bit, we knew that. :wub:

Thanks, Sunstar.

I like the sound of 'several terrific scenes with Bloom'. :cheer: And it's so ironic given that in the first series Maggie fancied Orlando just as much as every sane woman on the planet. Thanks for posting Sunstar.

Is it Thursday yet?

I love it.I can't wait 'til the full version is available. :2thumbs: Orlando is beyond adorable. :wub:

He has a perfect talent for comedy. Thanks so much for the link, Sunstar.

:yahoo:

I can't wait to see Orlando in this. :hott: But I don't get BBC 2 and I didn't see it listed on HBO, at least not in my neck of the woods. So I will be looking forward to seeing it on here. :)

Thank you Sunstar for that nice article. :hug:

Kim

Oh, I hope someone can catch all of the parts of the show with Orlando in it.

:lol: That's very funny. I wish I could watch the whole show. Orlando's really good with comedy, he should do more comedic stuff!

From the Sun Online, TV Pick of the Day:

BEST COMEDY: Extras

(BBC2, 9pm).

The new series gets off to a great start with special guests Orlando Bloom, Keith Chegwin and ex-EastEnder Barry providing the laughs.

Maggie is still an extra and her misery is compounded by a “friend” who keeps telling her she’s not even good-looking enough for the parts she’s rejecting.

And Andy (Ricky Gervais) is working on his sitcom – but he’s not smiling either.

And here's the nice picture that goes with the blurb:

Sun_online.jpg

I can't wait to see Orlando in this. :hott: But I don't get BBC 2 and I didn't see it listed on HBO, at least not in my neck of the woods. So I will be looking forward to seeing it on here. :)

Thank you Sunstar for that nice article. :hug:

Kim

I don't see it listed anywhere for me either. We are the lucky ones that get Larry the cable guy, and every hunting, fishing and wrestling show out there. :rant: I'm waiting with complete faith in Ka-Bloom to be able to see it.

:cheer: Just 4 hours to go! :cheer:

Ooh, nice picture, Claire. :clap:

T-minus and counting.... :pulp:

:cheer: Just 4 hours to go! :cheer:

T-minus and counting.

The excitement is building. I keep looking at the clock and I'm in the wrong hemisphere! I expect to feel a disturbance in The Force, a seismic event or something else. :kablaam: My thoughts are with all of the ka-Bloomies on the other side of the Pond. It's been nice knowing you. :dbb:

:cheer: 1 hour and 15 minutes. :cheer:

It had been really nice knowing you, HeySailor, and everyone else of course. I have made my will and left all my money to KB. The members can share my Orlando DVD collection, posters and books.

So long and thanks for all the fish. :)

:cheer: 1 hour and 15 minutes. :cheer:

It had been really nice knowing you, HeySailor, and everyone else of course. I have made my will and left all my money to KB. The members can share my Orlando DVD collection, posters and books. So long and thanks for all the fish. :)

Have you lined up someone to wipe your hard drive?! :hug:

Well, I saw it. :2thumbs:

:rofl: Never has this smilie been so appropriate - I quite literally ended up on the floor!

It's a real treat - I hope Orlando does lots more comedy, because he was really great in this. I'm sitting here giggling just thinking about it.

And I have to say - Keith Chegwin! :O I never thought I'd hear something like that come out of his mouth!

It doesn't seem right to be talking about Cheggers and Orlando in the same post, but the juxtoposition just added to the shock value.

Kathryn.

Have you lined up someone to wipe your hard drive?! :hug:

It's in the post for you. :devil:

Well, I am so dead. :kablaam: But what a way to go. The whole episode was very funny in a poignant kind of way, but Orlando was abso-bloody-lutely brilliant. I won't give any spoilers as I am sure you want to see the clips first, and the screencaps. The man was marvelous. So amazingly handsome, very very funny and his timing is still impeccable. Even his walk was funny.

:dbb:

Even his walk was funny.

Oh this I've gotta see!

Oh you really, really have! Right at the end when he walks off - just classic!