Patty

24 posts in this topic

I ran across this thread where folks post information on free movie screenings, so I searched for any mention of Haven. Here's the four I came across. I know nothing more about any of them, nor do I have any experience with this site Fat Wallet, but I thought they might be worth a try for those in the right locations.

Atlanta, GA

Haven

September 19th is the screening. Go to this website to signup for passes.

http://www.shakefire.com/screenings/haven.html

Washington, DC Screenings

HAVEN

Tuesday, September 12

10:00 pm

http://www.ytic.com/contests/default.asp

(To participate in any YTIC contest or giveaway, you must be a registered YTIC member. Membership is completely free!)

HAVEN

PHOENIX, AZ

FREE MOVIE SCREENING

MONDAY 18 SEPTEMBER

7:00 PM

AMC ARIZONA CENTER

Print out this page as admission for you and ONE guest, courtesy of Wild About Movies and the Yari Film Group!:

http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/screenings/...AZScreening.php

Haven

Hollywood, CA

Thurs., Sept. 14

7:30pm

Hollywood

RSVP at:

http://www.campuscircle.net/screening/haven/

Thank you so much Patty! This is fabulous and a terrific idea! This may encourage certain types of narrow-minded/opinionated movie-goerspeople who would not normally go see an Orlando movie to go see Haven. I requested tickets for the Atlanta showing. Keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed.

Kim

Thanks Patty. I've registered for the Atlanta showing as well.

(But if I still lived in Phoenix I could have just printed out a pass! I miss Phoenix.)

Fingers crossed.

Krissy

Weeeeeeee! :yahoo: What a day I'm having on this Monday. :O First I won a Haven wristband and now I just received an e-mail saying I got passes to the Haven screening in Atlanta on the 19th! Excuse me a moment while I have a silly fangirl moment.SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I'm crossing my fingers for the rest of you GA gals who sent in your requests. :hug: I'd love to have lots of ka-Bloomie company next Tuesday night.

That is awesome Les! :cheer: This is certainly your day! :hug: I wish one of those free screenings was here in Boston, I would have entered. Oh well, I haven't heard back from my friend that said she wanted to see this yet, so hopefully she will get back to me soon. :)

I know you will enjoy it and I will be looking forward to your review. :wink:

Kim

Leslie here's another Georgia ka-bloomie that will be attending the screening in Atlanta on the 17th!!!! :clap: I just received my e-mail (thanks Krissy for the heads up!) We definitely will be planning a Haven meet up for all those attending. Are there any more out there??

And they're giving out free stuff !! (Hopefully Haven free stuff.)

Kim

How cool! Congratulations to you both, Les and Kim! :hug: Maybe there will be posters and more wristbands given out at your screening. I wonder what other goodies?

I will definitely be there on the 19th with Dreambeliever and Spkles.

I can't wait to see how many other people show up - you know - civilians - non-kaBloomies. :teehee:

Have we started a coordination thread yet?

Krissy

I had a somewhat frantic call on my machine from Faye that she was headed to San Diego for a screening of Haven tonight?

Damn, I miss all the good stuff by working or running errands. :lol: I'm sure we'll have all the gory details either very late tonight or early tomorrow.

Yeah, did you change your cell number woman? I kept getting some guy answering the number I had for you. Lessee, who did I try to call? Jane: no answer on cell. Adrianne: called and then remembered that the cell number I had for you is not actually your phone. Geri: Yay! She answered her phone! Finally, someone I could tell because I just had to squeeee!

I had checked my e-mail around 1pm before heading out to get my eyebrows waxed :naughty: (laugh all you want). When I got back, I still had about 15 minutes before I had to pick up the ka-Bloomettes, so I decided to check my e-mail again. I see a message from an unfamiliar name that has a subject of, 'HAVEN - Advanced Screening Tonight...' :O I click on it, and sure enough, it was an invitation to an advance screening. I check the date, because I can't believe it's for today. Then I check the time: 7pm. :blink: I check my watch: 3:05pm. :w00t: I thought, I need to go! I had no idea this screening was happening until I got this e-mail. Now I know why they wanted our zip codes when we registered for updates on the Haven website! Luckily, CaliDad had taken the day off to help take care of CaliPup, so I was able to go. I called my sister to see if she wanted to come along, and she said she'd meet me at the theatre.

By this time I realized it was time to pick up my girls from school. I got them home, grabbed my purse, and left just before 4pm. I wanted to leave as soon as possible because San Diego is about an hour away, and I didn't know how many people would show up for the screening. I wanted to make sure I got in. After a quick stop for some drive-thru dinner, I hit the freeway and started dialing ka-Bloomies. I know, I shouldn't have been on my phone while driving, but I needed to tell someone! After having a nice chat with Geri and hitting some traffic, I got to the theatre a little after 5pm. There was already about 6 people there, mostly movie buffs who turned out to be regulars at that particular theatre's free screenings. The security people even knew them, and skipped them when everyone was told to leave their phones in their cars if they had a camera phone.

My sister was running late, and I had to put my phone in my car. I called her one last time to find out where she was so I could estimate her arrival time. I told her I'd meet her in front of the theatre. I rushed back to the theatre and explained that my sister was going to arrive late. Since it wasn't a full-house, the attendant said it wouldn't be a problem if I went in ahead of her. I got a Haven wristband :yess:, grabbed some posters, and went inside. The movie started without any previews, and I kept a close watch on the time. About 15 minutes in, I left the theatre to wait for my sister, who walked up a couple minutes later. We rushed back in and enjoyed the film, along with the rest of the enthusiastic audience. I won't give any of the plot away, and won't write a review. Jane's stellar and extremely well-written review has more than covered it. I'm not sure how many people were there, but there were at least 50. It turned out that a local radio station was giving away passes. But unfortunately, the San Diego Chargers were playing tonight in the opener for Monday Night Football, against their arch-rival the Oakland Raiders no less! I know more people would have come out for this had the Chargers not been playing. I would say that the audience was about 50/50 male to female, and all ages were represented (even some very young children brought by their parents-- don't get me started). The audience was very responsive, reacting to the different things happening. They were really paying attention. There was quite a bit of excited talk as we left the theatre. I'll definitely be going back on Friday!

CaliDad is truly a ka-Bloomie husband. :wub: I left him with our girls, having to deal with homework, making dinner, getting the girls to bed, a new puppy and a somewhat uptight cat. He took care of it all, and they all survived!

:cheer: Yay, Faye! I'm so glad you got to see it. Sorry I didn't hear my cell phone ring, :blush: it's usually upstairs on the charger in the evenings, and I'm downstairs. I would have enjoyed a squee with you. Now please don't be put off from writing a review just because I wrote one, and that goes for everybody. We all want to hear everyone's impressions of the movie, each of us will experience it differently, and it will be great to have an archive of ka-Bloomie reviews.

And you came away with a wristband and posters, you hit the jackpot!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so excited for you Faye!

By the way, I'm emailing you my home and work phone numbers when I get home tonight. :lol:

Way to go Faye! I'm glad it all worked out so you could go see the advance screening. And you got a wristband and posters to boot. Glad to hear the audience was receptive. I'm with Rebecca, we want a review! Since you are in the LA area any chance CaliDad will watch the CaliKids again so you can go to the priemer? :wink:

Kim

:clap::2thumbs:

Faye! What a fabulous experience. Great movie and great CaliDad! I'd love to read your review, if you feel like writing it.

:hug:

Aliza

Woowoo! Way to represent, Faye! It's nice to hear that the rest of the audience was excited and talking about the movie afterwards.

(I called Jan's old cell number recently, too. That poor guy must be wondering who this "Jan" person is right about now. :lol:)

:cheer: Now that's seizing the moment, Faye. I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of this. The Georgia contingent will be heading to our advance screening on the 19th. I hope we get wristbands and posters too!

Hats off to CaliDad for being a trooper. My hubby works second shift so he can't attend the Atlanta screening with me, but he's always supportive of my OBsession. How can you not love that?

Hugs all around.

Krissy