Adrianne

The Hobbit in 2007?

I hope that clears it up a little for you. The Variety subscription is my birthday present to me every year although I may let it lapse and wait a month or two for the 'please come back' offer which is 60% cheaper.

Thanks, it certainly does. :doh:

Beth

Guest Gwen

When I first read this my heart completely dropped. With no information for so long, and then all of a sudden this, it was too much for me to take. I was worried about Peter not wanting to do it in the first place, or being too busy for it! But then I hear that he actually planned on doing it and had a year planned out and everything, but the people at NL are too greedy so they decided to drop him. I was pretty disgusted by it, actually. It all has to do with money and that disgusts me.

I really hope that NL loses their movie rights and that MGM proceeds with the movie with Peter. I think it's quite clear MGM still wants Peter; it's just NL who doesn't want to let go of their money.

Thank you all for the links to the petition!

The signatures there are coming in faster than you can look - I signed about half an hour ago, and since then 200 more signatures came in :2thumbs: . around 5600 right now!

I'll repeat the link once more, just for the sake of it: :wink:

The Hobbit Film - The way it was meant to be or not at all

Way to go us: 6991 6994 7003 7015! :2thumbs: And every time I refresh, the number gets bigger. :cry: (I'm a bit emotional at the moment, so forgive me.)

I'm just hoping they will take us seriously.

Anni

Eledh, Thanks for the link and I just added my name to a growing list. I was hoping that LOTR's & esp Peter Jackson fans,would do something like this. here's hoping it helps :) reeceehorses

The latest kiddies:

Sam Raimi

:nope: Don't think so. I mean he did fine with Spiderman but Middle-earth? I guess no one is really going to be able to take Peter's place as far as I'm concerned.

Definitely not in my opinion. Spiderman 1 was ok but Spiderman 2 was :fear: Definitely not the right choice for recreating Middle Earth. I could tell them the only one who can. His first initial is P the second one is J.

The way it is meant to be, or not at all.

Deirdrex

I'm signature 7322!

Thanks for linking me to this.

Aliza

I delighted to see how the list is growing. My signature was a few thousand ago. Let's keep going, ladies.

:hug:

Barbara

ToRN just gave us reason to hope. This is part of a recent interview with Saul Zaentz:

Saul Zaentz, the owner of Tolkien Enterprises, and ultimate holder of the film rights to The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings was very recently interviewed about the Hobbit and Peter Jackson's involvement.

The interview has since been posted on German Rings site Elbenwald. You can read it here.

It's in German, so here's a translation of his comments.

Q: What is with the long anticipated Hobbit-adaption?

A: It will definitely be shot by Peter Jackson. The question is only when. He wants to shoot another movie first. Next year the Hobbit-rights will fall back to my company. I suppose that Peter will wait because he knows that he will make the best deal with us. And he is fed up with the studios: to get his profit share on the rings trilogy he had to sue New Line. With us in contrast he knows that he will be paid fairly and artistically supported without reservation.

One can hope that New Line cannot get anything started within the time allotted.

I think the letter writing and petitions are important, though. New Line HAS to be told that anything they make without Peter is going to worsen their reputation with thousands of fans.

Beth 37

:yahoo: , if that's true, Beth! Thanks for the information and for hope!

[Arwen voice]There is still hope.[/Arwen voice]

Anni

I signed and it was at about 9500. :clap: Kudos to the Rings fans everywhere who signed. :2thumbs:

Luv ya, :heart:

Cherie

Well, Beth that's surely an interesting little tidbit. And very hopeful as well.

By the way, TORn has it's own online petition going on. It's here:

TORn petition

This one has over 40,000 signatures on it. :O:2thumbs:

By the way, TORn has it's own online petition going on. It's here:

TORn petition

This one has over 40,000 signatures on it. :O:2thumbs:

I think that's the one that has been up and running for a while (some years?) already, initially intended to make the Hobbit film happen at all. Anyway, an incredible number of undersigned there!! :clap:

I went ahead and signed.

The number of signatures is fast approaching 46000! :O I think that the studios should take these kind of petitions seriously, because it's us fans who flock to see the films. I'm ready to wait for however long for Peter Jackson to be free of other projects to embark on The Hobbit. Think about the pressure that another director would have to handle to fill PJ's shoes! Doesn't bear thinking about.

Thanks for bringing this over, Eledh.

The San Francisco Chronicle quoted Sir Ian McKellen from his website McKellen.com as saying:

"I'm very sad as I should have relished revisiting Middle-earth with Peter again as team leader. It's hard to imagine any other director matching his achievement in Tolkien country."

Just a little more pressure on New Line, IMO.

Aliza

Well, well. Maybe if all the other actors from 'LoTR' who might be involved in 'The Hobbit' project (and there are quite a few) voiced their opinions as well, NewLine would really take the hint.

One can only hope. Thanks Aliza for posting.

Elijah Wood has reacted to the news in an article in the Chicago Sun Times:

"I haven't spoken to Peter," says Wood, who played head Hobbit Frodo in the acclaimed trilogy. "But I was very disappointed in the news. Peter Jackson is the man who worked over 10 years developing this world. Now, they might move forward on a new project with another director and it won't look or feel the same."

It was in an interview talking about Happy Feet, his new movie. I hope we hear more from the other actors, especially the one who played a certain Elf. :blush:

Beth 37

Thanks for posting, Beth and Aliza! I'm starting to feel more and more optimistic about this. Though I'm still prepared to be dissapointed. But lets just hope the other actors will indeed voice their opinion about this and that New Line would take the hint.

Anni

Thanks, Beth and Aliza. It's good to hear from Ian and Elijah. I, too, hope the other LOTR actors will make their voices heard and their opinions known.

Barbara

:2thumbs: It's good to see that there is still some hope. I too wold be willing to wait for any additional Tolkein films until Peter could direct.

It's great to hear from Elijah and Ian and hopefully the other actors will come forward and say how they feel about PJ not filming. I am glad there is still hope. :shiny:

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~

Ditto Kit-Kat. Seeing Ian and Elija's comments gave me chills. If New Line has any intelligence at all, and of course they showed sheer brilliance by giving Peter the opportunity to direct LOTR in the first place, then they should be very aware of what is going on online right now. And now comments from these two as well. I would say that if New Line stays on its present course, WARNING WARNING, DANGER WILL ROBINSON! Your greatest nightmare is coming! Change course! Change course!

Seriously, nobody that is a true blue die-hard fan is going to go see it if somebody other than PJ directs. Period.