ka-Bloom.org Forum

2007 Calendars

I was at my local mall yesterday and what did I behold? Three new LOTR calendars. One basic one, the large sized one like last year, and a 'Portraits' calendar that knocked my socks off. All the wonderful pictures are in black and white.

I do expect hope there will be a Legolas one. After all, I need three to replace the ones I bought last year. :paperbag:

Beth 37

I had a 16 month Lotr calander not the this past year, but the year before. I hope they have those out again too!

Twinks, That's the 'regular' one I mentioned. It's nice, but I'm spoiled by the Legolas ones I've had. The page-a-day ones aren't out yet, and no sign of a Copeland Orlando either. I'm sure they'll be coming in soon. :cheer:

Beth 37

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the Pirates calendar, but I am waiting for a Copeland, or something similar. I have had one the last two years in my office at work, and all the other girls know to come by on the last day of the month to watch me change it. No one gets to peek and look ahead! :bat: It is so hard to resist! The last day of the month is always my favorite day!

:) Anar

:)

I was at Barnes&Noble bookstore and they have a day by day calendar for LOTR. The best thing is I looked on the first day and :faint: our gorgeous elf was there. reeceehorses

Oh no! We don't have B&N here in Australia! :( Oh wait, internet shopping. :2thumbs: Ok, I'm happy now.

Hi Firefly, If you would like I can buy one for you and ship it to your home.I have a discount at B&N ,the price is about 10.00 usd,but I'm going there this afternoon,so I'll check the price again. The calendar has some fabulous shots of our favorite elf. reeceehorses :)

I found two unexpected calendars in Waldenbook's Day by Day store today. One is scenery from the films' version of Middle Earth and the other is LOTR artwork by Alan Lee. Both are stunning, but if I have to choose, Alan Lee's is coming home with me.

Beth 37

Who will have her calendars outnumbering her Orlando posters soon!

Thanks Beth37! I have to ask, did the Alan Lee calendar have the characters portraits he drew that are shown in the end credits of the DVDs? When I saw Alan here in Salt Lake last winter everyone pleaded with him to realease a book of just those drawings. A calendar would be cool!

Oh, by the way, I just got the LOTR black and white portrait calendar from F.Y.E. Superstore. It is stunning!

Thanks Beth37! I have to ask, did the Alan Lee calendar have the characters portraits he drew that are shown in the end credits of the DVDs? When I saw Alan here in Salt Lake last winter everyone pleaded with him to realease a book of just those drawings. A calendar would be cool!

Oh, by the way, I just got the LOTR black and white portrait calendar from F.Y.E. Superstore. It is stunning!

Anar,

No, the calendar has the paintings he did of the various locations in the films, like Hobbiton with Gandalf in his cart in front of Bilbo's home, Rivendell and Mt. Doom.

I saw Alan in Chicago two years ago and we begged him for the same thing. I did get a deck of cards with them on them when I got ROTK's Collector's Edition (the one with the Minas Tirith statue) from Suncoast video. They are very nice.

The Alan Lee Sketchbook does have the Gandalf one, but that's all. :cry:

Beth 37