ka-Bloom.org Forum

List of Cities for Initial Haven Release

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably going to have to pass on Haven. :( I'm down here in Newport News, Virginia, and I can't drive 3+ hours to see a 2 hour movie, and then drive 3+ hours back. The only conceivable way I can see is if I decide to go home that weekend, then I'll only have an hour to drive. Still, I'm not crossing any fingers.

Makes me sad. :( I really want to see this movie.

Thanks for posting, Adrianne.

I'm really happy for all you guys who will get to see this. But, I have a request for you all:

Please, Ka-Bloomies, go and see Haven lots and lots so it can expand more and more!!!! :cheer:

Thanks,

Jules

:2thumbs: Great! It will be in Phoenix! That's do-able for me and I can make it a one-day round trip without too much trouble. Spending the night would be better! Shopping! and right after my birthday! Double Yahoo!

Thanks for getting this info, it makes me sooooo happy!

Louise

I hope this is alright to post here. Last week I sent an email to Yari Film Group and just this evening got a very nice answer. I wrote to respectfully request that "Haven" please be brought to Chicago and other cities in the Mid-west. Here is the answer I received:

Done!

Here's the currently slated cities for the 2nd Week expansion...

Of course, the best way to see this expand there/further is to encourage anyone you know in LA/NY/San Diego to go see it opening night ;)

Thanks Matt! Okay all you folks in LA/NY/San Diego, better get your tickets for the 15th!

Yes, yes, of course! As if I wasn't going to. :rolleyes: I'll be there at the first show.

Well done, Adrianne! :2thumbs:

ETA: Thanks again, Matt!

I've been begging our booker for the last couple of weeks for Haven so I'll have to see if we get it or the competition gets it as I've been out for a week. Either way, it will be on a very short list of movies I have paid to see even though I see them for free. I added to the Pirate Booty and I will pay full price for Haven if I don't have too.

Dear fellow ka-Bloomies.. when you are purchasing your theatre tickets to see 'Haven', do you think you could spare a thought for one whose envious little nose is pressed up against the window-pane. Sob!

I'll be looking forward to your "reviews".

xx S

I knew Haven wouldn't be coming anywhere near me but I still held out a bit of hope. :( For those of you who get to see it, think of us who aren't able to be there and SQUEEE for us. I'm still hanging on to hope that it does well in all these cities and gets an even wider release.

~Ivy~

:yahoo: YES! Thanks, Adrianne, for sharing this good news. :hug:

I hope I can gather with the N GA gals and get to see this one. ::crossing fingers::

Julia, is there really a chance this will go to a multiplex and not just one of the art houses?

:yahoo: YES! Thanks, Adrianne, for sharing this good news. :hug:

I hope I can gather with the N GA gals and get to see this one. ::crossing fingers::

Julia, is there really a chance this will go to a multiplex and not just one of the art houses?

According to our booker they were still awaiting Yari to work out the details with Atlanta. AMC has insitituted a policy of setting aside certain suburban movie theaters that will always show the art movies and provide one screen availability. Our theater, unfortunately, wasn't chosen the first go around. But, more and more we have been getting the limited releases and doing well. All I can say is that I don't think it will just play at the Tara (gawd no, please no) but at least have one or more choices. The AMC Select Theatres are Phipps Plaza and Mansell Crossing. I've been gone for a week so I don't know our chances but recently we scored Little Miss Sunshine, The Illusionist, and Hollywoodland. Keeping fingers crossed that it will at least be at Mansell if not us.

:notworthy: YES! Chicago! Are we aiming for a Friday night or Saturday mass viewing?

Sailor,

I'm game for either one. I'm hoping it will come to a theatre north of Chicago too so I can see it a few more times. It's just not that cheap easy for me to come into the city. :(

Beth 37

:notworthy: YES! Chicago! Are we aiming for a Friday night or Saturday mass viewing?

Sailor,

I'm game for either one. I'm hoping it will come to a theatre north of Chicago too so I can see it a few more times. It's just not that cheap easy for me to come into the city. :(

Beth 37

Does Amtrak still stop in Franskville?

I have 2 options to go see this movie. I can either a) go get my butt on the phone making plane reservations to go visit my family up in the Twin Cities that weekend while going to go see Haven or b.) get my butt in my car and drive 2 hours down to Atlanta to go see Haven. :hmmm: I think I might go with choice b. But if I can't make it save a squee for me out there and I hope this does good in theaters so it cna come to my town. Thanks for the info Matt and Adrianne! :clap:

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~

I sent my own e-mail to the Yarigroup today, asking a few questions about Pittsburgh showings and the possibilities of Haven coming to smaller cities. I'll let you know if I get a response. Chicago is a 4-hour train ride or 5-plus-hours car ride for me. I don't know if I can swing a trip financially since I'll be flying to Pittsburgh Oct. 3 to spend about 10 days with my mother (hence my Pittsburgh questions). So, we shall see what we shall see. I'm crossing my fingers that somehow I'll be able to see this movie.

WW

Yahoo, Atlanta is on the list. Okay, Georgia gals (Movie Imp, Sparkles, Krissy, Dreambeliever, LadyNin & me.and any other GA sKaBloomie) as soon as we know where let's plan our meet up. I can't wait to see this movie with y'all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Movie Imp's theater. Anyone in surronding states who want to make the drive to Atlanta, please join us (it's a bit over 100 miles for me).

Thank you Adrianne for your kind email/letter to the YariGroup. I, too, emailed them and asked for Atlanta.

Perhaps the movie will do so well that it will be further expanded. If we all go as many times to see Haven as we have POTC (6 for me, hee, hee) it should do well.

Does Amtrak still stop in Franskville?

It stops in Sturtevant, but has too few trains and too much fare for me. I take the Metra from Waukegan if I'm going to have to be out later than about 10 pm.

I really, REALLY prefer to drive, but unless I can get someone to share the gas and parking, it's too costly. :(

Sailor, I'd like to join in going to Haven in Chicago. If you decide on a day let us know.

Melian

We'll probably re-open the Chicago 'Haven' Meet-up thread next week, Melian, once we know what theater(s) 'Haven' will be shown in. So keep an eye open for it. :wink:

neszime, I read your post about writing to Yari Film Group. That's what gave me the idea. :2thumbs: Thanks!

I knew Haven wouldn't be coming anywhere near me but I still held out a bit of hope. :( For those of you who get to see it, think of us who aren't able to be there and SQUEEE for us. I'm still hanging on to hope that it does well in all these cities and gets an even wider release.

~Ivy~

I'm with you ladies, Oceanbreeze5 and Semmley. I hope so much it will be released soon on DVD in Belgium.