rebecca

101 posts in this topic

No DC? :(

No Baltimore? :cry:

I might even be willing to go to Philadelphia, but that's not there, either. :weep:

Oh, well. Now that it's actually being released, the DVD can't be too far away. :)

Add me to the list of folks screaming "Atlanta . why not Atlanta?" :blink: :oh:

This reminds me of the Ned Kelly release when they opened it on 82 (or whatever) screens in DFW. Sheesh.

And then I looked at the second week, Jacksonville? Jacksonville!!? For crap's sake. :deep sigh:

Well . everyone who can reach those first cities, please, PLEASE go and see this one so maybe the rest of us will have the opportunity.

Bummer, mrphmrrrr, grumblemumble, I am so not good at being patient and waiting for DVDs.

Seems to me that all the cities on the list with the exception of those in Texas are on the East or West Coast. Go figure. Hopefully they'll move to the center of the country now. Yes, Virginia there is a continent between New York and LA!

Well, I must say I'm not at all surprised to not find any Iowa cities on the list. (We're not exactly an art or movie hub.) But, I was kind of hoping to find Minneapolis (3.5 hour drive) or, at least, Chicago (6-ish hour drive).

Hubby would probably call me completely insane if I said I wanted to drive to Chicago to see a movie, but I might be able to get my best friend talked into taking a "girls' weekend" to Minneapolis. :hmmm:

I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that Minneapolis, or a closer location, is on the "more cities added soon" list.

Thanks, Jane

Hopefully they'll move to the center of the country now. Yes, Virginia there is a continent between New York and LA!

You said it, Adrianne! I was so sure they would open it in Chicago. Maybe it will be added to the second list. :beatsme:

Maybe if I call the Milwaukee Landmark theatre (The Oriental) they can campaign for it. I tried that with Ned Kelly to no avail, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I have to admit, if it gets to Milwaukee I could see it several times. If it's in Chicago, one viewing is all I can afford. :cry:

Beth 37

Austin?! (I thought it might go here.) Now, if it will just be at the Alamo Draft House, we'll have it made. You can get dinner and drinks and a MOVIE all at the same time. I haven't done it yet, but it is a legend down here.

DYR coming up! :yahoo:

Who's in? I bet the list is growing as we read!

It was mentioned in an email I received that Haven was talked about as opening in Chicago on one of the local radio stations, though I don't know the details. I will email the station and see what I can find out for sure.

As I suspected, there are no cities near me that will have Haven. :( I'm hoping it does well in these cities and will eventually get a wider release. Thanks for the information Jane.

~Ivy~

I'm with you! I live in Cincinnati, but will actually be in Louisville Sept. 15-17 to celebrate my friends and mine CEOK last year. Luckly I will be down in St. Augustine Sept. 21-23, which is only a short drive to Jacksonville, I'm begging my parents to find time in the schedule to go see it.

Amanda

Liz, I hope you can find out something from your local Chicago station. I'm not sure I could get there, but it's definitely my best shot to see Haven.

:hug:

Barbara

Denver is the only place I'd be able to see it, as I can't afford another trip anywhere, so I hope it gets there at some point.

*crosses fingers* Cleveland, Cleveland, please have one in Cleveland *crosses fingers tighter*

I feel like I'm waiting for a lottery drawing or something. Hopefully it will be showing at a theartre near me. There should be a standard, at least one theatre in every state. I sooo want to see this.

Liz, I hope you can find out something from your local Chicago station. I'm not sure I could get there, but it's definitely my best shot to see Haven.

:hug:

Barbara

Well, no response yet. I may have to send another one.

I checked with my local Regal Cinema in the Chicago 'burbs (since they had the trailer attached to The Illusionist); they stated that they won't know until a week before. :( I made sure that the manager knew that I was voting "Yes please."

And then I looked at the second week, Jacksonville? Jacksonville!!? For crap's sake. :deep sigh:

Maybe "the forces that be" are trying to tell me to go see my dad (who lives in Jacksonville) on his birthday (Sept 22nd.)

:huh: :lol:

I was surprised to see it on the list, and not Nashville. I could talk hubby into going to Nashville for this, it's only about 45 minutes from Ft. Campbell (to Opry Mills with no traffic accidents, anyway.)

I hope this is alright to post here. Last week I sent an email to Yari Film Group and just this evening got a very nice answer. I wrote to respectfully request that "Haven" please be brought to Chicago and other cities in the Mid-west. Here is the answer I received:

Done!

Here's the currently slated cities for the 2nd Week expansion.

Of course, the best way to see this expand there/further is to encourage anyone you know in LA/NY/San Diego to go see it opening night ;)

Best,

Matt

Atlanta

Baltimore

Boston

Chicago

Cleveland

Dallas / Ft Worth

Denver

Detroit

Houston

Miami / Ft Lauderdale / W Palm Beach

Minneapolis / St Paul

Orlando

Phile

Phoenix

Pittsburgh

Portland

Sacramento

Seattle / Tacoma

SF / Oak / San Jose

St. Louis

Tampa / St Peterson

Washington DC

Thanks Matt! Okay all you folks in LA/NY/San Diego, better get your tickets for the 15th!

Well done, Adrianne! :hug: I see Chicago on the list. And Pittsburgh. I'll be in the Pittsburgh area starting October 3. Hmmm. Things are definitely looking up. :clap:

WW

I'm fine. :lol: Salt Lake City can get the Olympics, but not a prompt Orlando screening. Oh well, eventually we get them all, and I did expect this. I will just keep walking around with my fingers crossed, although it is hard to type!

:) Anar

Wow, it's going to play in Orlando. Who'dathunkit? :lol:

And Sacramento - squeeee! We usually do get the indies, so I had my fingers and toes crossed.

Thanks, Adrianne. :hug:

Thanks you Adrianne! :hug: :cheer:

"Chicago, Chicago, that toddling town" I can't wait.

Thanks again. I hope to make any meetup that happens there.

Beth 37