ka-Bloom.org Forum

List of Cities for Initial Haven Release

Rumors are floating, and questions are coming in about which cities will get the initial debut of HAVEN. The fact is: plans are still being finalized. The plan is for the film to initially open in 8 major US markets, then expand to around 40 US cities, but that is a plan, and can change. Rest assured, when we get confirmation of the cities, we will immediately post that information in this sticky, as well as announce it in the news update thread. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've received, from Yari Film Group, an initial list of cities for Haven's debut:

Opening September 15:

Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, and Austin

Opening September 22:

Boston, Dallas, Houston, Jacksonville, Portland, Seattle, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, San Francisco

...more cities will be announced soon

Thanks, Jane. I just got the update from Yari in my e-mail. I have to admit I'm disappointed Atlanta isn't in there yet, but maybe it'll be one of the cities announced later.I hope. On a lighter note, there was a great little behind the scenes clip link included. :w00t: Almost time for Orlando on Leno so I'd better scoot.

I'm really surprised that Chicago is not on the list. We're the next biggest market after NY and LA. I thought for sure that the Landmark chain would pick it up. Sounds like we're in for another Ned Kelley-like search. Bummer.

Thank you Jane!

San Francisco!!!!! And since I'm going to Seattle the weekend of the 15th, I will be home for the opening in SF!!!! I don't mind waiting the extra week. :yahoo:

Just saw Jan's post, yes we do!!!

One happy camper,

Aliza

:hmmm: I must admit that this recent development has taken the wind out of my sails. NYC is a 15 hour-plus drive from Chicago and Austin is 21 hours away (but a parking spot is easier to find). Dallas is ever-so-slightly closer but a week later. What's a girl to do?! Keep my fingers crossed that Chicago will be listed sometime 'soon,' I guess.
:hmmm: I must admit that this recent development has taken the wind out of my sails. NYC is a 15 hour-plus drive from Chicago and Austin is 21 hours away (but a parking spot is easier to find). Dallas is ever-so-slightly closer but a week later. What's a girl to do?! Keep my fingers crossed that Chicago will be listed sometime 'soon,' I guess.

I'm with you, Hey Sailor and Welshwoman. Maybe we could carpool to Austin? I have a couple of tents and it's nice down there that time of year. I REALLY want to see this movie! :waaah:

Beth 37

I so flippin' mad right now, I can't say anything.

Okay, I gotta ask, idiot that I am, how is it determined what markets will receive a film?

Sounds like we're in for another Ned Kelley-like search.

Yeah, problem is, we never did find it.

Edited by Adrianne

Okay, I just emailed the Yari Film Group and begged them (politely of course) to PLEASE bring Haven to Atlanta. How about everyone within driving distance of Atlanta sending an email as well. (Hope this isn't against board rules. Please forgive me if it is.) Marie

Yes Chicago is 8 hours from me. So driveable distance for me. Problems is I just started a new job and I don't think I can take that much tme off. :waaah:

So ya I was I was hoping beyond hope that Minneapolis would get it. :( I wonder if any more cites will be announced.

Adrianne, :hug: I am :censor: mad as :censor: too!

Opening September 15:

Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, and Austin

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

I can't believe it!!

I know that Austin is gaining a great reputation for film, and music, but I never imagined that it would actually be in the first release group.

I smell a DYR reunion! :pulp:

Just a thought for you out-of-town ladies desperate to see it.

I have a guest bedroom, and a sleeper sofa, and a very comfortable leather couch.

Just a thought.

Thank you, Jane! :hug:

I have to admit that I am more than a little bit disappointed that Atlanta isn't on the initial list of cities to premiere Haven. But like Rebecca said I am not giving up hope that it will eventually be added. I know that we can count on all the ka-bloomies in the areas it is showing to rally and go and see the movie so it will do well and be released in all markets. After all it is our duty.

Now off to send that e-mail to the Yari Group.

Kim

No Detroit? Awww, I was really hoping. But still, there'll be more cities Haven is coming to, so maybe it'll be on that list. Thanks for the update, rebecca!

Guest Lassie

I'm getting a little down now. None of these cities are even close to me. :( I live in Memphis, TN. Maybe if I keep wishing they will show it somewhere near me! I really want to see this film.

Lashunda

Thank you Jane for the listing. :) And I was pleased to see Boston in on the list for the 22nd of September! :cheer: Now I hope I can talk someone into going with me when it comes out.

Kim

:O Portland, Oregon?! (Rubbing eyes) Do I really see Portland on that list?

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

So, there IS an advantage to living in an artsy town. :wink: Now I just hope it's playing somewhere near me.

Thank you Jane, you just made my whole week. :hug:

Kathie

Ohhh. I don't see the Washington DC area on the list, too bad! But I'm hoping, I'm hoping for the best and keeping my fingers crossed. There are several artsy theaters in this town!

Marina