ka-Bloom.org Forum

Miscellaneous POTC Merchandise

I've been to both Target and Walmart over the last 24 hours. Both stores had the action figures, but the toys had been seriously picked over. Neither had the large version of Jack Sparrow. Actually, Walmart had ZERO large versions of anything.

I did buy myself a small Will at Walmart. Funny, the lady at the checkout told me to have a happy mother's day and I told her thank you but I'd have pass it along to my own mother since I don't have kids. It dawned on me after I left the store that she must have thought I buying Will for my "son". :paperbag:

Oh and is anyone else having trouble finding the M&M's. Target doesn't have them yet and two different Walmart stores in this area have been cleaned out.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am checking on my Super Wal-Mart this morning. I'll be looking for a big or small Will action figure. I'll also take a look at the M&M situation. I posted not too long ago that I found plenty in a special display at my K-Mart.

Thanks, ladies, for all the information. I consider the Will figure to be a Mother's Day present from me to me. :lol:

Welshwoman

I found a lot of POTC toys at Target, I got the big Will(by far the most suggestive children's toy I have EVER seen. :naughty: ) They had a lot of other toys, but my mom already wasn't happy about standing in the toy aisle at Target with a teenage girl who glares at anyone who walks past. :paperbag: Now i have to somehow convince her to get me the purse set at Claire's so my handcuff purse will share the spotlight!

Amanda

I just ran across this site where there are tons of pictures of action figures by Zizzle, I believe, at a 2006 Toy Fair or something. I'm trying to keep an eye out because my son is chomping at the bit for these for his birthday. Looks like I need to check out Wal-Mart and Target already. Thanks for the info., ladies. His birthday is in August, but no reason I can't buy up some things early. I like the Zizzle's Will much better though, and there's more than one!

http://www.action-figure.com/events/main.p.g2_itemId=22574

I struck out this morning at Wal-Mart. Not a POTC action figure in sight. They even checked for me. I stopped off at our K-Mart as well. Same story. There are plenty of M&Ms at both places, but no toys. :cry:

Maybe I'll check out Amazon and see if they have anything for sale. Or I could ask my daughter to drop by her local Target and get her old mum one for Mother's Day. Now there's a thought. :lol:

:hug:

WW

WW I think every mother deserves Orlando for mothers day! I am sorry your search didn't turn out well. I am sure the toys will arrive soon, untill then heres my mothers days gift to you! :flowers:

-Anar

Ok, I need to get my butt back to Wal-Mart to find the book, the action figures, and get more M&M's. I also need to check Target. In the website Spkles posted, I have to ask, when did Elizabeth become fully blonde?:huh: I always thought she was a mix of a dirty blonde with more brown hair. Oh well, I pay attention to details way too much. Thanks for the info ladies on where to go and what to look for. Maybe I should by my mom an action figure for mother's day? If she doesn't want it, I will take it.

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~

Thanks, Anar, for the flowers. :hug: I've already recruited my daughter and she's going to look in her Target. I told our Wal-Mart toy people they were behind the times and needed to jump on the POTC action figure band wagon (or words to that effect). :whistle:

WW

My Walmart has the cereal, fruit rolls, and M & M's but nothing else. My Target had a lot of the action figures, both big and small. I asked in Spencers and they said they would be getting in more POTC stuff, including posters. :cheer:

This is like a treasure hunt, isn't it?

Beth 37

I got the purse (the purses weren't supposed to go on the shelves yet in Ohio, but I asked about them and the manager let me have one)and wallet at Claire's yesterday. I stoped in Spencer's and they had some action figures (most weren't very good, didn't look like them at all), they had a really cool Isla de Muerta set though.

Amanda

I stopped by my friendly neighborhood theme park today. The ride is indeed closed for refurbishment now although it only looks like they have locked the doors on the fort because of the way the ride is set up at Magic Kingdom.

In any case, the gift shop that the ride normally drops into at the exit was still open although only half full of merchandise. Of that, most of it was movie-related stuff. I took photos of some of the shirts to give everyone an idea of what was out there. I'll post them as soon as I get the chance. A few shirts really caught my eye. One even featured Will rather prominently.

I swung by Target Saturday. They had nothing left in the smaller figures and only 2 will figures left out of the larger ones. (No Jack :( ) My son is having a pirate themed birthday this month. So, I got him a Will figure and a cute plastic treasure chest full of some of Jack's "effects." They also had a talking "Cotton's parot" (repeats everything you say), the Smoking cannon, and a cool "Waterwheel" playset (but that is ment for the smaller figures.)I wondered if ToysRUs would have more, but since I had my daughter with me I wasn't about to go there.

Guest mcamp81

I am heading to Walt Disney World this week. I already called Disney about 15 times asking if they have changed their minds and would have Pirates of the Caribbean open. Unfortunately, no. :P I also asked if there was a Jack Sparrow character prancing about for autographs and pictures. Another no. *sigh* What fun is Disney without Pirates?!

Melissa

I really don't like McDonalds, but I'm thinking the little letters POTC could call for an exception, does anyone know when they will be starting the Happy Meal toys?

Amanda

According to a corporate press release, the POTC2 Happy Meal promotion starts when the CARS ends: July 7 - Aug 3. 8 action-filled toys "from telescopes to treasure chests" and a special contest. Search for the Golden Treasure Happy Meal Game (25 winners) for the chance to win a trip for 4 to the new POTC ride at DisneyWorld or DisneyLand. Complete details and official contest rules are available inside participating McDonald's restaurants.blah blah blah.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/news/current/...r_05102006.html

I just returned from the mall in my area. Spencer's Gifts had the cursed Barbossa vs. Jack figure set, and I bought 2 out of 3 kinds of pirates "Lip Booty" :lol: it's just flavored Lip gloss. (The labels were cute, and I'm a sucker!) At Hot Topic they had cute patches to sew on a backpack, they were mostly Jack Sparrow realted but I still loved them all. When I got home I jumped on Hottopic.com to see it they had others. I didn't see any, but I did see this:

http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=145562

I thought we all needed one! :naughty:

Have a good day! -Anar

According to a corporate press release, the POTC2 Happy Meal promotion starts when the CARS ends: July 7 - Aug 3. 8 action-filled toys "from telescopes to treasure chests" and a special contest. Search for the Golden Treasure Happy Meal Game (25 winners) for the chance to win a trip for 4 to the new POTC ride at DisneyWorld or DisneyLand. Complete details and official contest rules are available inside participating McDonald's restaurants...blah blah blah.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/news/current/...r_05102006.html

I foresee a ka-Bloomie raid on the McDonald's nearest the Norfolk Marriott Waterside during PirateCon! :swords:

Thanks, Jill.

My daughter e-mailed that she picked me up a Will Turner action figure at her local Target. :cheer: :cheer: She got the larger one, and said he's quite dashing. Right now he's residing in her closet, waiting for me to claim him this weekend.

WW

Here they are the photos of the some of the shirts available at Magic Kingdom. They definitely run the spectrum and some I do have to wonder who signed off on them. The theme park didn't have the "I love Pirates" shirt.

shirt3.jpgshirt2.jpg

One of the shirts for girls:

shirt6.jpg

Shirts for boys/men. The green one glows in the dark. The last one happens to be my favorite of the whole bunch. I just might have to add it to my collection:

shirt5.jpgshirt4.jpg

shirt1.jpg

My daughter and I made a special trip to Target yesterday and got the "Thrusting Will Turner" 7" figure. :hott: (You are going to love yours, WW. Your daughter sounds so nice !)

We were looking in Barnes & Noble for the new POTC book, but decided to get it at Amazon instead. So we should have it in a few days. :w00t:

Also, it looks like we'll be having a few "Happy Meals" lunches at McDonalds in July. What fun ! :lmao: (I'll try not to count the calories !)

Annabelle, I'm glad you got your Thrusting Will. :2thumbs: I can't wait to see mine. My POTC Visual Guide arrived as promised by Amazon, on the 18th. I've only had a chance to skim through it, but love what I see. It's a beauty.

Yes, my daughter is a kind and most understanding young woman.

:hug:

WW