ka-Bloom.org Forum

Miscellaneous POTC Merchandise

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, McDonald's Happy Meals toys. WooHoo! :cheer: My grandparents eat at McDonald's all the time and usually get Happy Meals so my nephew can have the toys. I guess I'll just have to ask them to get some for me too. :lol:

Oh, and does anyone know if the Disney stores in malls are carrying any POTC stuff yet? I'm no where near DisneyWorld or DisneyLand but I do have a Disney store about 20 miles from me. Last time I was in there they didn't have POTC stuff but maybe now that it's getting closer to the release date they might. Thanks.

~Ivy~

Oh, and does anyone know if the Disney stores in malls are carrying any POTC stuff yet? I'm no where near DisneyWorld or DisneyLand but I do have a Disney store about 20 miles from me. Last time I was in there they didn't have POTC stuff but maybe now that it's getting closer to the release date they might. Thanks.

~Ivy~

Good question. We're getting a Disney Store here in Branson later this month.

:doh: Thanks Amanda. Somehow I missed your post on the last page. :blink: I think I'm going to go ahead and go to the mall tomorrow and see what I can find. There's a Disney store and a Hot Topic in the mall so I'm hoping to find a bunch of good stuff.

~Ivy~

I'm not sure if I should post this here, or take it straight to the Gutter. :O Sorry the first one is blurry; there's not much lighting in the toy aisle at Target.

IMG_6463.jpg

willdoll2.jpg

willdollback.jpg

Makes you wonder who exactly they are marketing to.

ETA: forgot to mention that one of the other toys is called "Sword Slashing Jack Sparrow"

I couldn't help but giggle when I read what was on the box. :lol: Then I went straight to the gutter. :paperbag: I guess I'll be making a stop a Target tomorrow. :wink: I may have to buy two. One to play with and one to keep in the box. Thanks for the heads-up KLSMom. :hug:

~Ivy~

I'm not sure if I should post this here, or take it straight to the Gutter.

Makes you wonder who exactly they are marketing to.

:zip:

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! :blush: And they have this in the kids toy aisle? :huh:

I have been very bad today. I was suppose to be out shopping for graduation gifts for my son and daughter and instead I wondered into Hot Topic and bought two POTC: Dead Man's Chest T-shirts. Both are black, one has the poster image of Jack, Will, and Elizabeth, the other is the poster image of the shull and torches. I also found myself in the Disney Store and they are selling POTC2 kids beach sets complete with swim trunks, beach bag, boogie board and beach ball. The sales person said I could have the entire set for only $50! Makes me wish I had a little one again. Well sort of.

I guess I'll be just happening to pass by Target tomorrow. :wink:

Kim

Remember the Legolas action figure that shot arrows when you squeezed the legs together? Sword Thrusting Will Turner works the same way!

I wonder if we can get Orlando and Cybill Shepherd reunited on a talk show when the publicity for DMC starts up. :devil:

That is priceless, Christine. I'm impressed you had a camera with you out shopping.

The Cybill Shepherd incidient was the first thing in my mind too, Faye. Somehow, I think she'd have even more fun with this one.

Christine, I just saw sword-thrusting Will. Wonder if Wal-Mart has him. "Squeeze his legs together," :devil: To the Gutter I will go. Too bad my town doesn't have a Target. Thanks for posting the pictures. :hott:

Ladies, I will take it upon myself to make a Super Wal-Mart run and check things out.

:shiny:

WW

I was at Target yesterday but didn't have time for my usual stroll down the toy isle. :angry: I'll have to go back today. Though I doubt I'll have the courage to actually buy it. I'll probably just start giggling.

Thanks for the heads up, KLSMom!

I don't know if anybody has posted this before, but when I was at Wal*Mart today I found the Pirates of the Caribbean book. It is not the one about the ride, it is about the movie but written in book form. It also has some glossy pictures inside from the movie.

Well I made my way to Target today. :) I bought two of the Will Turner action figures. I had to have one to play with and one to leave in the box. :lol: They didn't have the smaller version though. :( So instead, I bought Bootstrap Bill Turner. Then I headed to the mall. In the very of front of Hot Topic, they had several POTC t-shirts and keychains. I bought the black tee with the movie poster on it and a cream colored tee with a skull and crossed swords that says Pirates of the Caribbean. They didn't have any with just Will on them but I asked the sales guy and he said he expected them to get some in later. I also had to have a keychain. It's sad really, I have no self-control when it comes to this stuff. I'll just have to keep checking back for the Will tee. When I went in the Disney store though, all they had was a POTC beach towel with a cartoon pic of Capt. Jack on it. I asked the sales lady and she said they wouldn't be getting anything in until closer to the movie. My thoughts were, hey, it's 57 days until the film you should have stuff out by now but I keep that to myself. I also checked Wal-Mart for the action figures and they do have them but they were also out of the small Will Turner. Go figure.

Roll on July 7th!

~Ivy~

Okay, two recent finds at Wal-Mart. Thanks, Ivy and Jennifer. I do not need a Will Turner action figure -- "want," yes, but "need," no. Setting that aside, I'll be heading there tomorrow before grocery shopping. Sadly we have no Target, or I'd be scurrying to that store.

Thanks, ladies, for the updates.

:hug:

Welshwoman

Hello everyone! I was just at Target and I bought the Will and Jack action figures. I also bought the smaller Will. The figure looks a little strange, however, it was worth it just to get the pictures on the package. :wub: On the front is a close up of Orlando (rather small) and on the back is the pic of William on the ship that we have all come to love lately! I took some pictures with the digital camera, but I have no idea how to post them. They had more toys than I expected, cannons and a treasure chest. Anyway, just thought you might want to know! :shiny:

-Anar

I was at Claire's today and found several new items.

First, a Will Turner purse that could be a book bag. Nice, but in black with pink writing, or pink with black writing with his picture on it.

There also was a wallet in the same colors and the same picture. I couldn't imagine carrying a pink bag, and the black one wasn't much more adult looking, so they will be staying there. At least until my sales resistance sinks a bit lower. :blush:

Oh, and there were some Captain Jack ones as well, same colors and designs.

Beth 37