ka-Bloom.org Forum

Miscellaneous POTC Merchandise

I have found a number of POTC related items in our local Claire's. This is a teen jewelry store common in malls in the midwestern US. One item of special interest to ka-Bloomies is a Will Turner LOCKET! It's a small antiqued (fake) gold locket with the skull and crossbones logo on the front in bas relief and a nice picture of Will inside. At $7.50 it seems to be a good deal.

Now don't anybody go asking me what I'm doing in Claire's. :paperbag: It's the same thing I'm doing in Hot Topic.

I'm sure we'll all be finding odds and ends relating to POTC as the premiere draws closer.

Beth 37

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't feel funny, Beth37. I go there all the time. I like checking out their "10 items for $5" racks. I haven't been to one in a while, so I haven't seen the locket. I have seen several other things like journals and buttons.

I'm heading out to the mall in the next day or two. I'll have to check things out.

There's a Claire's in my mall at home. I've been known to pop in from time to time. :rolleyes: I'm at my mother's now, and there's not one to be found anywhere around. Thanks for the heads up, Beth. I'll have a look for the locket when I get home. Let's face it, I'm hopeless.

:hug:

Welshwoman

I'm so glad that you mentioned this Beth37! I've been searching for that locket. I've seen it on Ebay a couple of times, but they were always asking a bit too much for it. Guess I'll be heading to the mall tomorrow.

I pop into Claire's and Hot Topic when I'm at the mall, too. You are definitely not alone! :)

I got mine yesterday. The ones at my Claire's (there are Captain Jack ones too) have more of a dark grey, pewter look to them. I haven't worn it yet. I didn't think it would be appropriate to wear to dinner last night with CaliDad for our anniversary :rolleyes: .

• 2 weeks later...

I was at our mall this morning and checked out Claire's. They didn't have the locket, but they did have all sorts of other POTC items, as follows:

a pen (Jack), diary with lock (Jack and Will on the cover), small notebook (Jack and Will), dry erase board with pen, pillowcase (Jack), and lanyard with pouch (Jack and Will).

There was a sale table, 10 for $5.00, and included there were the small notebooks. I picked up two of those plus numerous other jewelry items and various odds and ends. I can use it all and the bargain was too good to pass up.

WW

• 2 weeks later...

I found two POTC 2 tee shirts at Hot Topic in my mall. One is just the skull and crossbones logo, the other is that one sheet with Jack, Kiera and that Will guy. :O

They have it on their site, (http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=271298&RN=436) but be aware these are teen sizes. If you wear an average in misses, you can get away with XXL, but if you need it bigger you might be out of luck. Their sister store, Torrid, does carry larger sizes but so far they haven't shown any Will-wear, only Jack and skull designs. :(

Hope this helps someone get Will-dressed for the movie! :lol:

Beth 37

*sigh* I know none of those shirts will fit me. Darn those small sizes and my ample bust line. :lol:

Katharwen,

I'm rather 'busty' myself and the XXL fits me fine. Worse comes to worst, you can always make it into a pillow! I got their Legolas shirt a couple of years ago and that fit okay too. I just am very careful to handwash it and hang it to dry. I'm not taking any chances of shrinkage.

Beth37

Katharwen,

I'm rather 'busty' myself and the XXL fits me fine. Worse comes to worst, you can always make it into a pillow! I got their Legolas shirt a couple of years ago and that fit okay too. I just am very careful to handwash it and hang it to dry. I'm not taking any chances of shrinkage.

Beth37

In that case, I'll check it out. Can't hurt to look, right?

Katharwen,

Worse comes to worst, you can always make it into a pillow!

Beth this is a great idea! Maybe I'll dust off my old sewing machine and try my hand at attempting some altercations alterations with Will Turner and company.

Come to think of it, why stop at pillows. One could make POTC quilts, Will Turner boxer shorts, Jack Sparrow pirate patches and bandanas, Elizabeth Swann hankerchiefs and hair bows. the opportunities are endless. :lol:

Beth this is a great idea! Maybe I'll dust off my old sewing machine and try my hand at attempting some altercations alterations with Will Turner and company.

Come to think of it, why stop at pillows. One could make POTC quilts, Will Turner boxer shorts, Jack Sparrow pirate patches and bandanas, Elizabeth Swann hankerchiefs and hair bows. the opportunities are endless. :lol:

I got the small Legolas tapestry pillow and turned it into a purse that I carried to the CIFF last October. It was pretty easy to do. I did leave in most of the fluff, which makes it a very nice thing to cuddle while watching his movies! I always keep a Sharpie in it so if the opportune moment arises, I can get him to autograph it!

Have fun being creative!

Beth 37

Amen to CaliMom's suggestion. Would love to see it, Beth. As for me, I already have a Legolas tote that I won off e-Bay.

Ladies, I'm pushing, well, gently "nudging" 70. I don't think I'll be wearing a Legolas or Will tee shirt, much as I would like to. I'm settling for the smaller goodies.

WW

If I ever get a chance to photograph it, I'll certainly try to share it here. Thanks.

And WW, I'm in my mid-50's so if I can wear the shirt AND carry the purse, you certainly can! One advantage of this is everyone I meet knows I like him. I get a lot of comments and so far haven't had to dodge the funny farm men. :blink:

Just yesterday I went into a pet shop I frequent and one of the young male clerks asked me if I knew Orlando had been on Oprah! Trouble was, I was neither wearing the shirt nor carrying the purse.:blush:

I guess I'm getting known.

Beth 37

Beth, you're definitely getting a reputation, or so it seems. :)

I don't know. I still can't quite do the shirt. But I'm not shy about carrying my Legolas tote. Maybe I have to work up to a shirt. We'll see. :whistle:

WW

It does help if you start small. First I got a Legolas button. Then found a set of 4, so I could rotate them. Gradually I worked into wearing a green bandanna and carrying a quiver similar to his Lothlorian one when doing archery.

It takes a good day for me to dare to wear one of the shirts-or a day when there's one of his movies coming out. Or perhaps just the anniversary of the day one of his movies came out. :lol:

Right now, I have a waitress who checks me for 'Orlando stuff' every time I go in that restaurant. I get chastised if I've forgotten. :rolleyes:

I find it is a whole lot of fun and gives folks an excuse to start a conversation with you. I am not sure how I'd feel if HE caught me in the green bandanna though. :blush:

Beth 37

Beth, I love it. You provide a great example. Start out small and keep adding!

I do have an LOTR bracelet that my daughter found for me on the east coast. And I have a couple of Legolas pins that I keep attached inside my purse. And then there's an elven brooch pin -- another daughter gift. I also have an Orlando mouse pad. So I'm getting there. :lol:

A shirt would be a really big step. I'll have to think on it. Thanks for your encouragement.

WW