Leia

World Soundtrack Awards

Hi everyone!

It's time to vote for the World Soundtrack Awards again! Last year, Kingdom of Heaven was up, now it's time for Elizabethtown, so let's all give it a vote, shall we?

For those of you who don't know what it is...: The ceremony for the World Soundtrack Awards is held every October in Ghent, Belgium and is supposed to be very high profile, even worldwide . But since Belgium is actually not so high profile itself, many of you won't have heard of it yet (of the award-show that is, not the country :wink: ). I've been to the ceremony and the accompaning concert a few times, and it's actually kind of cool. Every year, they invite a different composer to play some of his filmmusic. Klaus Badelt and Hans Zimmer (Pirates I and II!), to name two of them!

Off course, it would be much cooler if they would actually invite some big stars, too... :whistle:

Anyway, check out the website:

world soundtrack awards

or just vote for Elizabethtown:

world soundtrack awards: elizabethtown

Happy voting!

:pulp:

Just voted! :punk:

I love the soundtrack big time and have recently bought the album "Love Is Hell' by Ryan Adams and 'It Still Moves" by My Morning Jacket. Tom Petty has been my favourite for years and the two songs on the soundtrack are beautiful.

Thanks for bringing this over, Leia. :hug:

Doris x

I voted. Thanks. I really think it's one of the best soundtracks ever and deserves to win. :cheer:

Beth 37

I just voted. I hope Elizabethtown wins! :clap:

Thank you Leia for the link. :hug:

Kim

Thanks for the link, Leia, I just voted and I am keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed for Elizabethtown. I wish I had known about Kingdom of Heaven at the time, as I love that music.

:hug:

Charlie

Done. Thanks for the link Leia ! It would be so wonderful to see Elizabethtown win the award, I just love the soundtrack.

Done and done. :2thumbs: Thanks for the link. I still listen to the Elizabethtown soundtracks very often.

It was a pleasure to vote for this soundtrack. It brought me back to some old "friends" (early Elton John for example) and found me some new ones like Jeff Finlin. In general, I think soundtracks are best when they are unobtrusive because then they are doing their job, but in this case the music and the story and inextricably linked.

Like a lot of people here, I suspect, I don't usually go round the web voting for things - I'd never even heard of the Soundtrack Awards before - unless it's Orlando related, but in this particular case I feel very strongly that Cameron Crowe did such a good job with the music that I'm especially pleased to have the chance to "say" so.