Jan

61 posts in this topic

OK, yes, it's posted at The Sun Online - but with all the details, I'm guessing it's true. God, I hope so! :lol:

Bowie is Starman in Extras

By EMMA COX and VERONICA LORRAINE

ROCK legend David Bowie is among an amazing galaxy of stars appearing in the new series of Ricky Gervais’s hit show Extras, The Sun can reveal.

Hollywood A-list hunk Orlando Bloom, Coldplay frontman Chris Martin and Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe also have roles in the comedy.

In one episode Ricky — as TV and film extra Andy Millman — even puckers up for a GAY KISS with Da Vinci Code actor Sir Ian McKellen.

Ricky, 44, had a host of celebrities begging for bit parts — playing themselves — in the second series of the show.

He wanted to keep the names under wraps until filming finishes in late summer — but we got hold of the top-secret cast list.

Bowie, 59, has already filmed his episode — in which he sings.

The singer, famed for hits like Ashes To Ashes and Starman, is shown in a private members’ club — where Andy (Ricky) is desperate to meet him.

He bribes his way into the VIP area, but is asked to leave as Bowie bursts into song.

In the gay kiss scene, Sir Ian tells terrified Andy to smooch with him for a play — and later calls a flunky to bring him VASELINE.

Hunky Pirates of the Caribbean star Bloom, 29, plays a character desperate to date Extras’ unlucky-in-love Maggie (Ashley Jensen) — but she spurns him.

An insider said last night: “Orlando demands she kiss him — but she refuses and he’s incensed. He’s not used to being treated like that. It’s brilliant — Orlando totally sends himself up.”

<snipped the rest>

I only saw bits of the show on this side of the pond (was it on HBO or Showtime? I can't remember. :doh: ), but it was hilarious.

No airdates listed, but I'm sure our British Multimedia Brigade will be on the job! :2thumbs:

Oh, this looks like a fun role for Orlando. I hope it's true. I have every faith that our BMB will capture and post the clip!

Thank you Jan.

:O I love Extras! I watched the first season faithfully on HBO. Same major film stars appeared last season, including Kate Winslett and Samuel L. Jackson. I just checked the show's page on HBO.com, and I couldn't find anything that talked about if and when there will be a second season, but my fingers are crossed that there is a second season and that Orlando will, in fact, be appearing. Thanks for bringing over the article, Jan.

Oh, this looks like a fun role for Orlando. I hope it's true. I have every faith that our BMB will capture and post the clip!

Thank you Jan.

I hope so, Faye. I don't get either channel. It would be great to see Orlando poking fun of himself! But it is a bit of a fairytale, isn't it? I mean who would really turn down the opportunity to kiss Orlando? Not me! Yeah, right! Like I'll ever get that chance! :lol:

But it is a bit of a fairytale, isn't it? I mean who would really turn down the opportunity to kiss Orlando? Not me! Yeah, right! Like I'll ever get that chance! :lol:
Well I certainly didn't let mine get away! Adrianne sweetie, you'll get another chance to see him, and this time make contact. :hug:

This sounds like a fun role role for Orlando. But who in her right mind would turn down the opportunity to kiss Orlando? :blink: Eh, not me. Oh yeah, as if that will ever happen. Anyways, I hope I will be able to see this via our wonderful British Ka-Bloomies. Please? :shiny: And thank you for the heads up, Jan.

This, quite literally, the best news i have heard all week - if it's true *crosses fingers*.

I only caught a couple of episodes of extras, but it was hilarious!

OMGOMGOMG! (Sorry, fangirl moment over.) Extras is simply brilliant. I watched the last season and thought hopefully how hilarious it'd be if Orlando got the opportunity to send himself up on the show. Quite often, famous actors will play the opposite of what they are in RL, so I imagine he'll play himself as a bit of a git. Awesome! If this is true, I can't wait!

I've seen Ricky Gervais interviewed a few times, and I'm fairly sure there'll be a second season. He's certainly been talking about it.

I haven't seen extras. I didn't like The Office, so wasn't interested in anything with Ricky Gervaise. I guess I'm about to become a HUGE fan! :shiny:

:w00t:

This is going to be so good. I've seen a few episodes of Extras and they are hilarious.

The BBC has an official website listing previous episodes with short clips. You can find it HERE.

That would be great! Extras is hilarious. The episode with Kate Winslett made me hurt myself from laughing so hard. Each star they have on the show play up on the Hollywood star ego stereotype.

I hope Orlando is on the show, just to see what angle they spin him.

I haven't seen extras. I didn't like The Office, so wasn't interested in anything with Ricky Gervaise. I guess I'm about to become a HUGE fan! :shiny:

SAB, Jax :hug: . My thoughts exactly.

Thank you Jan for this most interesting information! :hug: I hope it is true, I would love to see him do a role like that. :wub:

Kim

Didn't like The Office or Extras and Ricky Gervais is completely overrated :sick: but I will watch Orlando's performance because.well, it's Orlando. I'd watch Orlando read the phone book. :wub:

Ali.

Edited by rebecca

I did not watch the 'Office' or 'Extras' as they did not appeal to me, but, if Orlando is in it

I most certainly will give it a go.

Will keep my eyes scanned for any news. I think it was a BBC show and we have Radio Times every

week. So that should alert us to when it is on.

Good hunting everyone.

Snowfairy

x x x x x

This sounds like it could be another Orlando classic. I look forward to seeing it very much! Thanks for the news, Jan.

Jules

This sounds like it will be terrific. :cheer: Hopefully someone in the UK will catch this for us so that we in the U.S. can share in the Orlando goodness and fun ! :hug:

I haven't heard of this show before, but I did enjoy The Office. Chances are I'll like this one too. Especially with you know who involved.

This is fantastic news and I can't wait. It's about time the British public "got to know" Orlando a little more. I didn't see "Extras" but the few clips I did see of it were hilarious.

I was a latecomer to "The Office" but love it now. I'm sure this will be enough to get me into "Extras."

:yahoo: I absolutely cannot wait! Thanks so much for the news - it will put a smile on my face for the rest of the day. Thank goodness I have just got my DVD recorder so I can preserve it forever!! :cheer: