Jupiter

16 posts in this topic

Many thanks to Wendi who has made screen caps of Orlando in Wilde for our gallerie. The full set is here. Highlights are:

Wildedvd_cap09.jpg

Wildedvd_cap18.jpg

Wildedvd_cap27.jpg

Wildedvd_cap42.jpg

Tahanks so much for these, Wendi. They're wonderful. I can just hear him saying "Looking for someone?" :smoke:

I can just hear him saying "Looking for someone?" :smoke:

With his voice a bit higher than it is now. :wub:

Thanks, Wendi. It's wonderful to have pictures spanning Orlando's various roles.

Thank you Wendi, these pics are gorgeous. They are the best I have ever seen and Orlando looks adorable! :hug:

Charlie

Boy, you did a great job on these, Wendi. Thank-you. :hug:

He is so naughty in that sequence. And I did not notice it when I watched the movie, but the fact he is dressed in that dove gray really makes him stand out from the other guys, even fron a distance. And it looks great on him. :wub:

Thank you Wendi and Judi. These are great!

I've got to get a chance to see this movie.

Aliza

Aliza, I haven't seen it either, and I want to very much. Thank you, Wendi, for contributing to the repetoire of Orlando's work found in our gallerie.

Oh wow! :w00t: I come home after a long day at work, and what is this present that I got? Ooh, Orlando looks so young, but he already has that charisma that is almost impossible to ignore. "Looking for someone?" :smoke:

I'm so pleased that you all like the screencaps, it's my utmost pleasure to share them all with you. They look beautiful in the gallery Judi.

I've recently bought a screencapping program and I'm slowly working my way through the whole collection of Orlando's films. If anyone is 'looking for someone something' in particular, just send me a PM and I'll see what I can do for you.

Orlando was very easy to capture in this movie because he moved very little, unlike Pirates where a lot of the screencaps are a blur because of the fast action sequences.

Aliza and Rebecca, I hope you get to watch this sometime, it really is a wonderful film. Plus, those of us who like the Hornblower TV series have the added bonus of Ioan Gruffudd being in the film as well! :shiny:

Beautiful quality caps, Wendi, thanks. What program is it you are using?

Beautiful quality caps, Wendi, thanks. What program is it you are using?

Thanks MM. I'm using Power DVD 5.0. I got it on EBay for next to nothing. The free version that came bundled with my computer would only play DVD's and not screencap them. This version gives you a brightness/contrast adjusting tool, which is really great for the 'darker' movies like Kingdom of Heaven and Pirates of the Caribbean and allows you to choose your video window size. I always use 'current video size' so that you don't blur or distort the screencap by trying to make it larger. The 'Wilde' DVD had a pretty small window so they came out rather small, however, the Troy screencaps were much larger, then ended up being a 1016px width compared to the 750px width of Wilde.

It's surprising how much detail you see in the films as you watch them frame by frame. You don't notice a lot of little things when it's running normally. For instance, in PoTC, you can tell immediately when the stunt doubles replace Orlando and Johnny. Also, you get a quick flash of Orlando's elven tattoo.

Wendi, the caps are wonderful - thank you for making them :hug: . I think I have that programme, but I'm not very skilled at using it. I too have noticed Orlando's tattoo, though!

Wendi, these are beautiful. Thank you for providing, and Judi for posting. I haven't seen the film either, and hope to get the opportunity one of these days.

:hug:

WW

I also am guilty of not seeing the film yet either so these screencaps make me want to go see it even more! Thanks Wendi and Judi for the screencaps.

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~

Wendi, thanks so much for the info on the screencapping program you used. I have been thinking about acquiring one soon and it really helps to have someone's real world experiences in making that decision.

And to those who have not yet seen the movie, I would encourage you to. It has a stellar supporting cast (Vanessa Redgrave, Jennifer Ehle, Tom Wilkinson, Gemma Jones) and I learned so much about Oscar Wilde, as both a literary and social figure, and why he is considered by many to be the "first modern man." Stephen Fry is absolute perfection, Jude Law is as self-centered and beautiful as he has ever been, and they cast lots of young beautiful men as the rent boy crowd.

I second that Patty.

I watched this film for Orlando and ended up learning so much about Oscar Wilde and his times. It is an exquisitely done film, and Orlando's few seconds on the screen are pivotol and unforgettable. They couldn't have chosen anyone more perfect for that part. It was very easy to believe that coming across a young man as beautiful as Orlando in such a way could force Oscar to confront his own sexuality honestly for the first time.

Wendi the screencaps are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Krissy