ka-Bloom.org Forum

Judgment Day - BIO Channel (US)

HeySailor

If anyone hasn't seen this, you must try to watch it. Although Orlando is only in it at the begining and the end, the storyline is completely enthralling. I was glued to the television set and my guess of who murdered Peter was WAY off track.

Hope you all enjoy it. :)

I just love the line, "If Gordon ever found out about us he'd neuter you!" :O

So perhaps that is why Jack Sparrow keeps asking, "You're not a eunuch are you?" :devil:

Sorry for the threadjack. :jacked:

I'd love to see it but don't have cable. Yet. This man is going to keep costing me more money.and I love it!

Beth 37

Guest bluey715

I just wanted to remind everyone that the episode with Orlando in Midsomer Murders will be airing on Sunday, Apr. 16 at 4:00PM on the Biography Channel :cheer: . I've never watched it before but I am quite excited to see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

It came on at 1PM here, but I was able to catch it. I just happened to be flipping through the channels waiting for LOTR to come on and saw the beginning of the show.

For anyone who missed it, and hasn't ever seen it, we do have clips of Orlando's scenes here.

However, be warned that these will give away "who dunnit", so if you would rather be surprised, then wait and see the whole thing some day.

I am such a dope! :doh: I bought this on VHS waaaay back when it first came out, watched it quite a lot of times, then the video player went on the blink (I knew I should have got the dvd) and it has been sitting gathering dust ever since. I never even thought to look if the clips were here for download.

Right, I am off for a little bit of downloading a whole lot of drooling watching. Thanks for the timely info, Jupe. :hug:

• 2 months later...

German TV Channel showed the episode now, too, for the first time. Dubbed of course, but cleverly made, Orlando had the same voice as in LotR. He looked so young and beautiful. :blush: I love those whodunnit plots and am proud to say I guessed the murderer correctly!

What I found funny/fascinating was that one of the houses had the name "Lothlorien" and the Inspector and his assistent talked about Tolkien and the Hobbit!

• 1 month later...

From The Sun online:

Nettles' deadly decisons

By DEREK ROBINS

September 02, 2006

THERE have been more than 100 brutal killings in Midsomer Murders.

Now as the ITV1 series celebrates its fiftieth episode its star John Nettles picks his top 10.

A host of methods have been used for slaughter on the killing fields of Midsomer Murders since the drama, which is sold to more than 220 countries and territories, began in 1997.

These are just some of the more bizarre instruments of death - a doped horse, liquid nicotine, a billhook, a slide projector, a drinks cabinet… and even alien abduction.

John Nettles, 62, who returns as DCI Tom Barnaby in the fiftieth episode on September 10, picks his favourites:

1. My absolute favourite was Hidden Depths when an egotistical wine expert played by Oliver Ford Davies was killed. He was drugged, trussed up and made into a human target in the middle of a croquet lawn. Bottles of his favourite claret were fired at him from a large replica Roman catapult.

2. Orlando Bloom of Pirates Of The Caribbean fame was the victim in Judgement Day in 2000. He played a womanising tearaway in the village of Midsomer Mallow who was stabbed to death with a pitchfork.

3. A film star and ladies' man played by Charlie Beall met his maker when he was blown up in a mystery explosion in A Tale Of Two Hamlets. His character was opening a new Satanic Experience theme park at the time.

4. An adulterous postman played by Rupert Walz made his final delivery before he was scythed down by a woodcutter’s billhook in Dark Autumn. Because of his reputation, every male villager was a suspect.

5. The Midsomer Parva vicar played by Jonathan Hackett was a victim of apparent spontaneous combustion in The Straw Woman. He was found with a severed pig’s head nearby and the murder occurred after his gay lover, the curate, was found burned alive in the straw effigy of a woman.

6. A womanising landowner played by Henry Ian Cusick was killed by a blow from a Celtic spear in The Fisher King. At the time villagers were about to celebrate the summer solstice.

7. Death by relish as a visitor perished during a tour of Plummer’s Sauce factory in Sauce For The Goose. The victim was crushed against towers of bottles of the piquant liquid and dumped naked into a boiling sterilising unit.

8. An unlikely sex siren played by Marty Cruickshank perished when she was forced to drink hemlock in Orchis Fatalis. It was her fate after stealing a rare orchid.

9. In Electric Vendetta a naked man’s body was found in a corn circle with burns to his hands, puncture marks on his lower back and a tuft of hair shaved from his head. Classic signs of an alien abduction – or was it human skulduggery?

10. Barnaby and his wife Joyce’s plan to renew their marriage vows were ruined when a local property developer was beheaded with an ornamental Indian sword. What a shame as Richard Briers made such a nice vicar in Death’s Shadow!

Peter's manner of death actually seems quite tame compared to some of those. Somehow I don't think I'd like to live in any of the Midsomers! :blink:

• 3 months later...

Ka-bloomies rejoice! Midsomer Murders: Judgment Day is once again scheduled on the Biography Channel 2 pm Easterm/ 1 pm Central on December 24. Get your holiday ducks in a row ASAP so that you'll have a block of free time on Sunday afternoon. Even Bad!Peter needs a bit of lovin'.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Merry Christmas to me!!! :klaus:

I have been renting the series from my local rental place and forced myself to start with number 1 and work my way through in order.I finally got to number 12!

It is a a fun show, not too hard to watch even the episodes without Orlando.

Is it just me or is Daniel Casey (Troy ) kinda cute?

It was such fun to see Orlando playing a really nasty character. Isn't it amazing how a talented actor can make even a total scumbag endearing!

I'd pay 50 pounds for his.ahem.attentions any day. There goes my kids college tuition! :lmao: