Ember

E-Town Movie Theater Standee

I'm an editor for my high school's yearbook staff, and the yearbook room has a sort of antechamber connecting it to the main hallway. So, one day, this mysterious cardboard thing shows up in the antechamber, and I think nothing of it. It looks like a huge thin box, but it's none of my business, so I ignore it. About a month goes by, and it's still there. Finally, my curiosity gets the better of me, and I start poking at it a bit. What could it be but the ten foot tall Elizabethtown standee? A month I had been sitting next to it working on captions and picture cropping, and it took me that long to notice it.

After a little bit of questioning I discovered it belonged to the marketing teacher, so as soon as I had free time I went to talk to her.

Me: "Hello, Mrs. Dodson. You know that movie standee that's near the yearbook room.?"

Mrs. Dodson: "You can have it if you want. I was going to tell Mrs. Swift to throw it away."

Me: :O:pupeyes::w00t::twitch: "Are.you.serious?!"

So, now it's mine. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet. It's too big to stand up in my house, and I can't very well cut it up. I would put it on my ceiling, but I'm worried my ceiling fan might get in the way, and I don't know how well that would be able to hold up. Perhaps I'll just have to keep it stored somewhere safe until I'm out of college in four years.

Elizabethtown standee in my basement:

etown.jpg

You lucky stiff! That is amazing. I do hope you find an apartment with really high ceilings. Old houses sometimes are the best. I've just got the one sheet and love it to pieces. Don't forget, in four years we all want an invite to see it displayed at its best! Congratulations!

Beth 37

Congratulations, Ember. What a coup! I'm sure you'll eventually find a place for it. Until then, I know it will rest happily in your basement.

:hug:

Welshwoman

Wow, that's a really huge one. Ember, you are so lucky. :clap: I wish you can figure out how to deal with it soon.

I always wish I could have one standee. It will be wonderful if I can put one in my bedroom to kiss it good-night. :blush:

Tina :heart: