Geri

Kingdom of Heaven EXTENDED DVD

If this is true, it's gonna be a lotta Kingdom of Heaven. And it's about damn time.

From DVDTalk.com

Run Time: 191 Minutes

MPAA Rating (USA): R

Genre: Drama

Bonus Features:

Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut features a new widescreen feature, commentaries and tons of bonus features on 4 discs.

Disc 1:

**DIRECTOR'S CUT Part One

*Introduction by Sir Ridley Scott

**AUDIO COMMENTARIES

Director Ridley Scott and Writer William Monahan

by executive producer Lisa Ellzey, film editor Dody Dorn, visual effects supervisor Wes Sewell and first assistant director Adam Somner

**THE ENGINER'S GUIDE

Disc 2:

**DIRECTOR'S CUT Part Two

**AUDIO COMMENTARIES (Continued)

Director Ridley Scott and Writer William Monahan

by executive producer Lisa Ellzey, film editor Dody Dorn, visual effects supervisor Wes Sewell and first assistant director Adam Somner

**THE ENGINER'S GUIDE (Cont'd)

*Story Notes (Text & Images)

Disc 3:

**THE PATH TO REDEMPTION DOCUMENTARY - Part I

DEVELOPMENT

*Part I: Good Intentions (Featurette)

*"Tripoli" Overview & Gallery (Text & Images)

*First Draft Screenplay by William Monahan (Text)

*Story Notes (Text & Images)

*Location Scout Gallery (Images)

**PRE-PRODUCTION

*Part II: Faith and Courage (Featurette)

*Screen Tests (Video and Commentary)

*Cast Rehearsals (Video)

*Costume & Weapon Design Featurette (Video)

*Production Design / Conceptual Art / Costume Galleries (Text & Images)

**PRODUCTION: SPAIN

*Part III: The Pilgrimage Begins (Featurette)

*Creative Accuracy: The Scholars Speak (Video)

*Storyboard Comparisons (Multi-Angle Video & Images)

*Photo Galleries (Text & Images)

Disc 4:

**THE PATH TO REDEMPTION (Continued)

**PRODUCTION: MOROCCO

*Part IV: Into The Promised Land (Featurette)

*Unholy War: Mounting The Siege (Video)

*Storyboard Comparisons (Multi-Angle Video & Images)

*Photo Galleries (Text & Images)

**POST-PRODUCTION

*Part V: The Burning Bush (Featurette)

*Deleted & Alternate Scenes (Video & Commentary)

*Sound Design Suite (Video & Audio)

*Visual Effects Breakdowns (Video & Commentary)

**RELEASE

*Part VI: Sins and Absolution (Featurette)

*Trailers & TV Spots (Video & Commentary)

*ShoWest Presentation (Video)

*Press Junket Walkthrough (Video)

*Japanese & London Premieres (Video)

*Poster Explorations: Domestic & International (Images)

*The Director's Cut & DVD Campaign (Video & Images)

That's wonderful news. Even though I love the theatrical version, I can't wait for this one.

(Please, please let that release date be true).

Yes!!! This is great news; fingers crossed that this is accurate. Thanks, Geri!

Jules

Hallelujah! More crossed fingers here and positive thoughts. Thanks, Geri, for the news.

:hug:

WW

So, a whole year later we finally get to see what this movie was suppose to be. I fear this may be the future of movies, tease 'em at the box office, then satisfy 'em with the DVD release, but dear Lord, I hope not.

However, I'm glad to see some definitive information about the release. Another reason to look forward to May.

Thanks Geri for the information and the link. Some of the commentary at the site was interesting and encouraging. There are a lot of people out there (besides kaBloomies0 who liked 'Kingdom of Heaven' in it's theatrical release and are now very stoked about this EE DVD.

As much as I wanted to buy the first release, in some ways I'm glad I didn't. This version sounds way better. If the date's right, May can't come soon enough!

Thanks for the heads up.

Disc 4.

.Japanese & London Premieres (Video)

:damncap:

Will it be new footage or footage we've already seen? Will be the Ka-Bloomie London Brigade be famous around the world! :paperbag:

Thanks Geri, that sounds a lot more like the content we want to see!

:cheer: MAY? This is way better than I dared hope for, I was sure it would be Christmas.at least. Brilliant news, Geri. This makes my day. I know it isn't set in stone, but hey.I am the eternal opimist. :2thumbs:

Thanks, Geri. I so hope it will be released in May. With Haven in April, and Dead Man's Chest in July, this will keep me going. Now everyone will see Kingdom of Heaven as it was meant to be. Well, almost. Of course, everyone should have seen it in theatres this way.

I'm most interested in seeing the London Premiere coverage. I can't wait to see the London Brigade in their DYCs :damncap: !

Thanks for the info Geri! Looks like there will be lots of great new stuff to see. You can never have too much Kingdom of Heaven.

:yess:

If this is true, it will be an Orlando Spring and Summer, and who wouldn't want that? :wub:

:clap: Whee! Thanks for that spot of good news Geri - and just in time for my birthday too! :w00t: I know something that's going to be on my list this year.

*holds thumbs and toes that this date is not a rumour*

Cheers

CC :meow:

Yahoo ! :cheer: Thanks for the heads up, Geri. :clap:

I have to agree with mames71:

As much as I wanted to buy the first release, in some ways I'm glad I didn't. This version sounds way better.

Now I can't get that song "I'm So Excited" out of my head.I'm gonna be singing it all day long ! :lmao:

Haven in April and KOH in May -- what a wonderful Spring! Just enough Orlando to tide us over to POTC2 ! :hott:

:cheer:

But also :waaah: because there's no cast commentary.

I guess you can't have everything.

And a big :moon: to Fox for not releasing this in theaters.

WooHoo! I just found it on Amazon for pre-order @ $23.99. Guess that makes it a done deal. Thanks for the heads up. I can not wait for Haven in April, and now KOH ext. in May. Then it's PirateCon. and POTC 2 in July. I'll need all of June to recooperate and get ready for July. Loving Life!

I will definitely be picking up this copy, if it's true. Oh please let it be true.

Thanks for the info Geri.

Luv ya, :heart:

Cherie

Here's the Amazon link to preorder: Amazon.com - Kingdom of Heaven. :2thumbs: (Mods might want to tweak that. I didn't know how to do a link so it goes through ka-bloom's. whateverit'scalled. Just got up. Can't think clearly yet.)

Now all I need is news of an Elizabethtown director's cut and I'll be a happy, happy girl!

Well, then. God, it didn't take them half long to pull their finger out. Now that my annoyance at Fox concerning the EE is out of the way, please let me put it in another way:

SQUEEEEE!!!!!

That's better.

I'm :drool: just reading the list of extras - what am I going to be like actually watching it?!

I can't wait! And I have my birthday the week before - I was planning to take a day off work anyway around then - so I think I'll just make it the 23rd and spend it watching extended KOH!

Oh dear :cry: just had a horrible thought - that was the US release date. We might not get it the at the same time in the UK.

*crossing fingers* Please bring it out at the same time over here, Fox, we like the film much more

over here than they did in America anyway.

Kathryn.

Thanks for the heads up. I am interseted in seeing the directors cut since I liked the theatrical version but it sounded like they left a lot out and I want to see this version for that reason.

:heart:

~Kit-Kat~

:hellyeah: baby! That's what I like to hear. Thank you for the news Geri! More Orlando goodness to look forward to.

But also :waaah: because there's no cast commentary.

I agree, Lianna but I bet there'll be lots of new interviews with that guy who plays Balian, what's his name again? :whistle:

I'm waaaaay stoked.

Aliza

Oh dear :cry: just had a horrible thought - that was the US release date. We might not get it the at the same time in the UK.
Can we add the KOH EE DVD to the PirateCon Movie Night for our friends from the other side of The Pond?

Here's what my 2006 calendar is shaping up too look like: :dbb: A VERRRYY Good Year

April - Haven

May - KOH EE DVD

June - all the POTC publicity

July - POTC2 and PirateCon [keeping fingers crossed]

SQUEEEEE!!!!!!

:yahoo::pulp::clap::punk: :towel:

Why yes, I am excited. What gave me away?

Is it May yet?