MonicaOP

Another Elizabethtown Book in Ebay!

We did finally find out what these books are all about - they were handed out to members of Cameron's HiFi Club, and I imagine to cast, crew, and others. And personally signed to each recipient by Cameron himself. They were printed in a limited edition, with the best of materials. (Geri can give you all of the specifics, all I know is that they are of the highest quality.)

So, they were not for the press (frankly, it has no information in it they would be interested in :wink: ); there was a separate press kit (pieces of which were handed out at some of the premieres), which included a listing of the cast and crew and songs used in the film. This book is chock-full of photos not seen anywhere else (plus many that we have), and all of Cameron's journal from the written during filming (more than what is at his website).

This book is something very special. And they were not paid for, they were a gift. :) My coffee table isn't very large, and the book takes up half of it! :lol: (BTW, I've laid in a supply of white gloves for visitors who want to look at it. :lol: )

I'll admit, I bid on a couple of them - and I'm sincerely glad I didn't win. Not because they wouldn't have been worth it, but after knowing the reason behind making this book, it makes it all the more special. The seller in this auction obviously doesn't know what he has, as he no doubt bought it from someone else; to them, it's a great collector's item. But it is sad that someone who received it felt the need to part with it for money. :(

But - for anyone who wants it badly enough, and have DEEP pockets (previous ones have gone for over $200, as far as I know) - go for it!

One tidbit that I found out from the book is that Neal Preston is a long-time friend of Cameron's, from the days when they both worked for Rolling Stone magazine. He's also photographed so many of the great bands and musical artists over the years. (Oh, the stories he must have!)

Thanks for the tip, Monica.

Wow!! Who would have imagined they could be so special!!!

I thought they where for press and stuff, but to know they where really just made for specific people is amazing and I think they are a part of the history of the movie.

Jan, I understand that you might feel that people shouldn't be selling them, but knowing the people that bids for them, I think they are going to be in better hands if they end up with some real, real, Orlando or Crowe fan or any fan of the people that made this amazing movie, don't you believe it??

If anyone here wins it let us know ok?? So we can be happy and jealous about it please!!

Be well and take care, hugs!! :hug: Monica

Like Jan, I'm amazed that anyone would want to part with it, unless they really needed the money. As for me, they'll have to pry mine out of my cold, dead, fingers. :lol:

Also, I noticed that the signatures they show on this auction seem to be the one which is pre-printed in the book, not a hand signature. I'd certainly ASK before buying it. Cameron personalized the ones he sent out to HiFi members, so if it has someone else's name in it, I doubt it would be quite as desirable.

Like Jan, I'm amazed that anyone would want to part with it, unless they really needed the money. As for me, they'll have to pry mine out of my cold, dead, fingers. :lol:

I think it would take something like one of my kids needing surgery for me to even consider selling mine. It is such a treasure. I agree Monica, that maybe through the auction, that at least some of the books will end up in the hands of true fans of Cameron and Orlando. But like Jan said, these fans need to have deep pockets.

I didn't realize the signatures in these ones were not done by hand. I absolutely love that Cameron hand-wrote my name inside the book! :wub:

If I had this book, selling it would be the last thing I'd do. Yes, the money is nice, but as CaliMom said, it's such a treasure. Just couldn't part with it. Maybe I'll head over to Ebay and bid.

BTW, I love the Haven-inspired new siggies and avatars everyone is sporting. It's like the new fashion trend. :cocktail:

Thanks for the info, Monica!

Monica,

It's a nice little newspaper insert that has lots of articles about making the movie. It's nothing like the book that Cameron Crowe was sending out, but still makes a neat souvenir for collectors.

Faye

I have that newspaper insert, Monica. It's a cute little Elizabethtown memento. As for Cameron's Etown coffee table book, anyone who would sell theirs, IMHO, either doesn't have a heart, or else desperately needs the money. Like Jan, I've stocked up on gloves (although mine are latex) in case anyone stops by who actually wants to touch mine. Although I prefer to hold it and turn the pages for them while they look. :paperbag:

Hey everyone. Let me just say after reading all about the book and what it meant, I couldn't resist placing one bid on it. Guess what?

I WON ! !

I'm so excited, I'm still pinching myself. :yahoo::getdown: :choochoo:

ETA: I'll be down at The Knight Club celebrating

:cheer: Congratulations! It's great that such a special book will belong to a true fan of this wonderful movie. Enjoy it for all of us. :hug:

Hey everyone. Let me just say after reading all about the book and what it meant, I couldn't resist placing one bid on it. Guess what?

I WON ! !

I'm so excited, I'm still pinching myself. :yahoo::getdown: :choochoo:

ETA: I'll be down at The Knight Club celebrating

Serendipity, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so very glad you have it. Now it will have a home where it will be cherished. Good for you!

Beth37