nuriko

Etown release date in Taiwan has been canceled

At first, they scheduled it on January 27. Then they postponed it to February 10. And now, I just learned that they cancelled the date. So. maybe we will never have a chance to see it in the theatres. That's so disappointing. :(

I'm so sorry to hear that Nuriko. I only got to see it in the theater twice myself but truly loved it.

On the bright side, it's such an intimate movie it may make the translation to DVD especially well. I trust you will be able to get the DVD (one way or another). Although it's always preferable to see Orlando on the big screen with his face 20 feet tall, we can make do with seeing him on our TVs if we have to. Right?

Still, I feel your pain. :hug:

Krissy :(

What a bummer, Nuriko. :( I hope you will be at least see it on DVD as soon as possible. No matter what the critics and the box office numbers said, ETown is a winner.

So sorry to hear this, Tina. I guess the train simply ran out of steam. Fortunately, you'll be able to see it eventually on DVD. :)

Tina, that is a bummer indeed. :( They may have decided that the 'theme' of the movie is SO American that it might not do that well in other countries.

But, as Krissy says, while missing it in the theatre is disappointing, this is a great film to see on DVD. The scope of the landscapes won't be as grand, but there are no tremendous bells and whistles or special effects - it will be perfect to watch over and over again on TV.

I will buy the DVD for sure and watch it for many many many times. I hope I can enjoy it just like I'm in the theatre. Thanks ladies. :hug:

BTW, your siggies are fascinating. :giveup: Awesome works, Geri. :clap: