rebecca

63 posts in this topic

A 2-hour-summary will be shown on Arte (french/german TV-Chanel) at 23:35 (GMT+1:00). I will try to grab that.

<Galileo-mode>And it moves nevertheless</Galileo-mode>

:cheer:

Fenlika

This is fantastic! Finally somebody else sees what we fans have been seeing for years. :cheer:

Orlando's portrayal of Balian was outstanding, he deserves awards for it. Go Orlando!

:crusader: WE WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE!

Was there an award for movies in there? Did the film do well, too? Orlando winning should make Sir Ridley feel better, anyway.

I know I do.

Thanks for giving us the information, and we all wait for more info.

(Mmmm. Pictures!) Early Christmas. :xmascheer:

There are some awards for films, but Kingdom of Heaven wasn't nominated. You can view all nominations on European Film Awards - Nominations. On the bottom of the page are the links to the other awards (Jameson/Documentary/Short Film/None European).

Found on N24.de:

Der männliche Publikumsliebling war Orlando Bloom, dessen Auftritt in Ridley Scotts "Königreich der Himmel" den Zuschauern im Gedächtnis geblieben ist. Doch konnte Bloom den Preis leider nicht selbst abholen, er sei "irgendwo in den Bahamas", so die Entschuldigung.

My translation (I hope it's not too bad :ph34r: )

The male public favourite was Orlando Bloom, whose performance remained in the memory for the spectators of Ridley Scotts "Kingdom of Heaven" . But Bloom could not fetch the price, he is "somewhere in the Bahamas", so the apology.

Fenlika

(Should have refreshed this page before posting, sorry)

Edited by Fenlika

Unfortunately, Orlando couldn't attend but he did send a fax.

http://www.utvlive.com/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=e&id=9587

...There were three other British and Irish winners - Rupert Gregson-Williams won European Composer 2005 for Hotel Rwanda, which he co-wrote with Andrea Guerra; Orlando Bloom won the Jameson People`s Choice Award as Best European Actor for Kingdom Of Heaven; and Ken Wardrop from Ireland collected the European Film Academy Short Film 2005.

Orlando Bloom was unable to attend the ceremony at the Berlin Arena. He sent a fax instead in which he revealed that his reason for making Kingdom of Heaven was "the opportunity to work with a real life knight Sir Ridley Scott".

:clap: Congratulations, Orlando!

This is great! This kind of recognition can only lead to bigger and better things. Orlando's future is indeed bright!

Yes!, :cheer: its about time Orlando got some recognition for his outstanding portrayal of Balian! :yahoo::yahoo: That is great news Rebecca and thank you for sharing it with us. It just got my Sunday morning off to a great start. :) And what a wonderful thing for Orlando to say about Ridley Scott. It just goes to show grateful he is to him and others that have helped him in his career. Way to go Orlando!! And Congratulations!!!

Kim

This is fantastic! I'm really thrilled for him - and for everyone involved with the film of course.

:yahoo:

(*Insert long list of congratulatory superlatives here and a sloppy wet kiss for the winner*)

I'm really pleased for Orlando, he was great in KOH and while he got some excellent reviews the press love to concentrate on negative things.

I was also pleased with my Jameson's watch. I voted through Channel 4 Teletext and they sent out some promotional watches which was a nice extra.

I'll be having a drop of whiskey tonight in celebration. (Better not mention the brand or Jameson's may want their watch back!) :yum:

tatoola

I just celebrated this fantastic news by watching Kingdom of Heaven again, with my parents, and the both thought it was a very good movie and that Orlando was really good in it.

Finally, finally, finally! Some well-deserved recognition! Congratulations Orlando!

:comeon:

:yawn: I KNEW it all along.

But a great big :cheer: for our #1 Guy! He really does deserve it! :wub:

Way to go Orlando! :cheer: We are all so proud of you. Hopefully this will finally shut up some of those nasty critics.

We :wub: you.

Luv ya, :rudy:

Cherie

Guest Zinfandel

Yay! This is great news! It's good he's being recognised for his work. :cheer:

edited to add punctuation

YAY !! :cheer: What great news to learn on a Monday morning. CONGRATULATIONS Orlando ! He deserves this so much, his Balian was/is superb.

3 big kisses to our boy :wub: .

A big :hug: to my beautiful knight. He really deserved that for the effort and the amazing work in the movie.

GO ORLANDO!...I love Balian so much. :wub:

Stardust.

:2thumbs: This is such wonderful news to start out the week. I'm so proud of Orlando and so glad he finally got some recognition for his portrayal of Balian. He was perfect. :hug: