Sign in to follow this  
HeySailor

NPR Interview

"NPR: A Director's Musical Ear: Cameron Crowe" is available for a listen at the NPR (National Public Radio) website.

Can anyone listen to this? For some odd reason, my Windows Media Player is unable to and I can't switch my preference to RealPlayer. I've had trouble with my computer this week, thanks to a corrupt :censor: Windows file. I would appreciate knowing if I can blame my computer or if the site itself is having technical difficulties. Or it could be 'operator error.' :paperbag:

Nope, I can't listen to it either. I listen to stuff from their site all the time. I just listened to David Edelstein's review of Pride and Prejudice and it played fine. (And was a rave, by the way) There must be something wrong with the file. I'll just check again tomorrow for the Cameron interview. Thank for pointing it out!

Thanks for checking on that, Patty. This computer has given me so much aggro this week that I'm never quite confident that I can trust it. At least it hasn't lost my secret stash of Orlando files.

Thanks for checking on that, Patty. This computer has given me so much aggro this week that I'm never quite confident that I can trust it. At least it hasn't lost my secret stash of Orlando files.

:jacked: HeySailor, if you're having trouble with your computer you should back up that secret stash if you haven't already. I just had to replace the hard drive on my laptop and I lost almost all my Orlando stash even with a backup. Sorry for the thread jack but I know how annoying it is to lose what you've saved. I hope your computer gets better soon. :jacked:

~Ivy~

I can't get it to work either, in Windows or Real Media. Windows, it's a 'download error' message, and in Real it says the file is corrupt. :huh: I'm too tired tonight to futz with it, but I went ahead and subscribed to the weekly podcast, and hopefully that will include the interview.