ka-Bloom.org Forum

Orlando Interview - Moviemagazine Austria

Guest J3chen

Orlando Bloom: To be a sex symbol is one part of my job

Magazine: "Elizabethtown" is after "Lord of the Rings" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" your first "reposeful" movie.

Orlando: Elizabethtown lives on his characters. This kind of movies is a challenge, because you can't hide behind special effecs, swords or horses.

M: Your world breaks down, because you are fired. Do you know the feeling?

Orlando: The movie starts with the end and ends with a beginning. My character actually changes from death to life. Because at the beginning there's a huge fiasco in his shoe company. We can feel for this boy, because nearly everybody is feeling that way: You are between 25 and 30, you try to start a career, maybe a family too - I can understand that very well.

M: How do you react when somebody calls you a sex symbol?

Orlando: I feel honored, but I don't give thoughts to it. When I heard this word connected with me for the first time, I wasn't very happy about it, because I want to be noticed as an actor. Then a friend told me the following: The Beatles were brought to market as Pin-ups, even though they were very talented boys. This part belongs to the showbusiness.

(Maybe I'll get a scan of the interview later on, sorry.)

Thank you for typing the article for us, J3chen. But I think these magazines should stop constantly dubbing Orlando a "sex symbol," and focus more on his talents and his interests. Don't get me wrong, I know Orlando is irresistable and sexty ( or else we won't be here ), but there is SO much more to him than just good looks.