zoe_bear

DVD Release

Could it be true? According to Comingsoon.net, Elizabethtown is to be released on DVD on February 7, 2006. No word on whether it is supposed to be just the theatrical version or if it will include the longer, director's cut.

*Zoe starts praying hard and crossing fingers toes and everything in between for director's cut*

ZB :innocent:

Good Grief! We're already talking DVD release? It hasn't even opened in Europe yet!

By the way, I'm hoping for Director's Cut as well, zoe_bear. Just saying!

It's not opened here too. Hard time. :faint: I'm glad that the DVD won't release before we can see it in theater. If it does, it will kill me. :nails:

I wish there will be Director's Cut as everyone here. B)

Cameron has said numerous times it will have both the theatrical and the longer version (even longer than the festival version). Paramount doesn't do the double dip that some others (coughFoxcough) do so it should be complete. Three months now seems to be the window vs. four so that sounds about right. Plus it's right before Valentine's Day. Nice little gift wouldn't you say?

Cameron has said numerous times it will have both the theatrical and the longer version (even longer than the festival version).  Paramount doesn't do the double dip that some others (coughFoxcough) do so it should be complete.  Three months now seems to be the window vs. four so that sounds about right.  Plus it's right before Valentine's Day.  Nice little gift wouldn't you say?

Valentine's gift. :throb: Wish somebody can give me this. :wub: But there's no somebody. :paperbag:

The Digital Bits is also reporting that Paramount has set 2/7 as the release date for Elizabethtown. You know what's funny. Paramount is also releasing Breakfast at Tiffany's on the same date.

Valentine's gift.  Wish somebody can give me this.  But there's no somebody. 

Girl, I know what you mean but, give it to yourself. Wrap it up and put a rose with it (if you can wait that long) and say "To: Me With Love." :throb:

What better present can one give to oneself than the gift of Orlando? :wub:

Wow! That seems awfully fast, but I won't complain. After waiting over a year to see the theatrical version I was preparing myself for 8 more months before I could watch the DVD with extras.

I'm certainly hoping for the longer version too. I kind of figured since it was shown clear up through Nashville, that is what we'd see on the DVD. *keeps fingers crossed*

Thanks for the heads up ZB. :)

Thanks, ZB, for bringing us the information. It will be a gift from me to me. I do that a lot, anyway. :rolleyes:

Welshwoman

Now I know what I want for Valentine's Day. Forget jewelry, candy, flowers and all that. Drew is what I want. :heart: Sweet. And a smart time to release the DVD - the theatrical release being so near Halloween seemed odd to me.

:w00t: 'Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day.' Well, it's already late afternoon over here (and a rainy and grey afternoon at that), but never mind.

All going well, my hubby is bringing along the KOH DVD today after work (Belgian release today), today in a week Elizabethtown hits our theatres, and now this news about the Etown DVD release in just about 4 months time ?! WOOOHOOOO !!! Though it could be - and no doubt will be - that Belgium will run behind in release date, but that can never be much more than a month or two I suppose.

Thanks for this news Zoe_Bear ! And of course I'll join the chorus for the longer version - the film IS wonderful after all, and one can never have too much of Orlando.

Just in time for Valentine's Day. The timing is just about perfect!

Right on! :2thumbs: That date is very close to my birthday, too! I am anxious to see the longer version of E-town, so I'm glad we won't have to wait too much longer. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Now, what about that director's cut of KOH..?? How long do you think will we have to wait for that? :blink:

That is great news!! I can't wait to get it. So I have Elizabethtown DVD and the start of the Red Sox Spring Training to look forward to in February. And I needed some good news after today's press conference of the Red Sox GM resigning!!! :rant: So between losing my job any day now and the Boston Red Sox, I am very thankful I have Orlando to fall back on and to keep me smiling. :)

Kim

Yes, just in time for Valentine's Day. That's already a special day at my house, especially this coming one! This will only make it that more wonderful. :wub:

Wow, February is so soon, not that I'm complaining. I'll be waiting in WalMart at midnight to be the first to get that one!

Wow, that soon? Thanks for the heads up, Angie.

Thanks for the heads up Angie. :hug: I was thinking we wouldn't have the DVD until March or April. February 7 sounds great. It isn't that far away at all. I, too, am hoping for the longer Director's cut. I need me some more Drew. :wub:

~Ivy~

Yes that was my reaction too. So soon? Not complaining though. So when does the directors cut come out? This coming one that say it for the 7th time today. :lmao: Thank you Angie for the heads up!

Crossing fingers that it is the longer version. Whatever, I love this movie (I am going to see it again today and taking my mom who hasn't been to the theater in over 30 years-but she wants to see this movie) and I want to be able to watch whenever I want. It comes near my birthday as well, so Happy Birthday to me! Thanks for the "breaking news" ZB.

What a wonderful Valentine's Day gift for our house ! :wub: My dauhter and I love Orlando --- we've seen Elizabethtown six times and plan to see it this coming weekend again. :w00t:

Orlando is so great in this movie ! And he was awesome in KOH too ! :2thumbs: How can such sensitive and heartfelt performances by such a young star not be seen by the critics as proof of his growing acting abilities ? I will never understand how they can find fault with his work -- after all, he is just speaking the lines that are written for him and following the directions of a couple of pretty good directors ! :angry:

I am only renting the KOH DVD, cause I'm waiting with baited breath for the EE DVD that Ridley Scott promised, but I will definitely buy the Elizabethtown DVD when it is first released. I can't wait ! :cheer:

Thanks for the info ZB! Wow, that's pretty fast. But hey, I'm not complaining. The sooner I can watch Drew whenever I want, the better :shiny: . Crossing fingers with you guys that it will be an extended version with more Drew :wub: .

:cheer: I am so lovin' that release date! I'm with Annabelle. I know what I will be getting for an EARLY Valentines Day! Better than chocolate or flowers any day! Not that I usually get those either! Hubby is so not romantic.

Not totally unexpected about the early release. I took my daughter last weekend and it was only in 1 theatre as opposed to 3 the weekend before that, and only playing at 2 different times compared to 5 or 6 the weekend before. Bummer!