ka-Bloom.org Forum

Susan Sarandon wins at Hollywood Awards

figmentcat

I found this bit from ET on Yahoo. At the annual Hollywood Awards last night in Beverly Hills, Susan was the supporting actor award winner for Elizabethtown!

Here's the blurb (and link):

Other big winners at the Hollywood Awards included supporting actor winner SUSAN SARANDON ('Elizabethtown')...

ET/Yahoo news link

Though I don't know exactly who or what the Hollywood Awards are, I was so happy when I read this. After all the :censor:-ing press we've had to deal with, this is some very nice news and recognition.

:clap: Take THAT, you naysayer critic types who wanted HER part at the Memorial Service eliminated!

These awards are part of the Hollywood Film Festival but I haven't a clue who determines the winners. Jeepers, I just checked the Variety archives and these honors were announced September 26th.

I was one of the naysayers who thought perhaps Susan's comedy routine and tap dance could have been eliminated from Elizabethtown (so that more time could have been spent developing the romance between Drew and Claire, and more minutes could have been shown of the road trip. B) I still feel this way -- but I admit that Susan did very well and is deserving of the award. She is very popular in Hollywood (she and her husband), and she has delivered many fine performances over the years. So, if this is the only way that Elizabethtown is going to get any awards/recognition, so be it ! :cheer:

I just returned from seeing "Elizabethtown" a second time. Susan's eulogy for husband Mitch was one of my favorite parts. I laughed and cried all over again the second time around. I'm truly happy she was recognized for her work.

Thanks for sharing this, figmentcat. :hug:

Welshwoman

I'm also one who thought that the Hollie Baylor eulogy could easily have been cut from the film, but that doesn't detract from the fact that Susan Sarandon played it wonderfully. I'm very pleased that she was honored for her role. Finally, some critical acclaim for the film. Thank you Hollywood. At this point, I'll take whatever is on offer.

I'm also one who thought that the Hollie Baylor eulogy could easily have been cut from the film, but that doesn't detract from the fact that Susan Sarandon played it wonderfully.

That's exactly how I feel, too.

Of course, Susan, with her splendid career, doesn't exactly need the encouragement of receiving this award, but perhaps Cameron does.