ka-Bloom.org Forum

Austrian Moviemagazin -Skip

Guest J3chen

Here´s an interview about Elizabethtown: (photos and translation)

part 1

part 2

(Sorry the quality isn´t the best.)

Interview (translation):

SKIP: You manage to look so different in every of your roles. Which look do you like best?

Orlando: I don´t think about it. I try to look like the character should look like. The blond wig was just perfect for Legolas in Lord of the Rings and the brown hair is perfect for Drew Baylor in Elizabethtown. But if you want to know, if I love having short or long hair, I have to admit that I can`t wait to finish Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3. Then I´ll be able to have short hair again.

SKIP: How much do you still have to work for the Pirates-sequels?

Orlando: Well, we are shooting part 2 and 3 at the same time, so there are still a couple of days of work.

SKIP: Do you think you´ll do another Trilogy after Pirates of the Caribbean?

Orlando: You never know - but I don´t look for one in the next months. (laughs)

SKIP: You have been in many good movies. How would you react if the success stayed away one day?

Orlando: That wouldn´t be easy. I´d try to realize, like Drew Baylor in Elizabethtown, that there are things in life which are more important. (laughs) We all have fears in our life. We are afraid to fail, but also to be successful. Fear can take control over your life, if you don´t do anything about it. However, fears are also important to be real.

SKIP: Do you meet friends to stay "real"?

Orlando: Yes, I have many good friends, most of them are in London.

SKIP: But you are never there.

Orlando: I know, but they often come and visit me. It´s hard to keep relationships when you travel around the world the whole time. But I´ve got many friends from the time before I´ve started acting. They know and love the way I am.

SKIP: There are rumors that you´ll be the next James Bond.

Orlando: That´s not true. I´ve heard the rumor, too. Everybody has talked about it - but nobody I know. (laughs)

SKIP: Which things of the Elizabethtown script fascinated you?

Orlando: Drew, the character I play in the movie, goes through a process, in which he discovers love and leanrs that his family and his friends are the poeple who are really important in life. Not short success. We all want to be happy quickly - a new car, a new watch - and Drew lives in a world which is full of short kicks. During the movie, he leanrs that life, love and family are the most important things.

SKIP: Are you into shoes, like Drew?

Yes, I´m totally into shoes. And I have many of them, more than I really need. My attention is drawn to shoes. However, it´s not that bad such as with some women.

SKIP: What was it like to work with Kirsten Dunst?

Orlando: She is extremely talented and does have instinct. We have become good friends. I have known her boyfriend Jake Gyllenhall a long time before, therefore I have known her before, too.

SKIP: Do you want to use your name in the future to support "small" movies financial?

Orlando: Actually, I only care about the script. But of course, I love to support "smaller" movies, if I´m convinced of the script.

---------

part 2:

picture 1

Touch-a-touch me: Susan Sarandon got closer with her Elizabethtown movie-son Orlando Bloom right after the arrival at the Lido. But we are in the most romantic city of the world and Tim Robbins isn´t here at the moment.

picture 2

It´s raining in Venice. Even at the most beautiful filmfestival of the world heaven is crying. When Orlando Bloom arrived at the Lido with the water taxi, the staff of the hotel made sure that the famouse guest got into his suit without being totally wet.

picture 3

Dreamteam behind glass. In Elizabethtown, Kirsten and Orlando are a couple, which has to get close to each other at the beginning. At the festival both obviously have already got close to each other - but they are only friends, because Kirsten´s on-off boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal, keeps an eye on his love. When somebody asks Orlando or Kirsten if they are more than friends they keep saying "NO".

picture 4

Four for Venice. The Elizabethtown-festivalteam keeps diskussing about interesting facts, in stead of looking into the cameras of the photographers. From left to right: Susan Srarandon, Cameron Crowe, Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom

picture 5

What makes the festival even more better is the fact, that fans get a chance to see and meet their vips. Orlando was a real gentleman: Orlando spent a lot of time with his fans, made a lot of photos with them and signed a lot of things.

----

I hope the translation won´t be that bad. :)

But if you want to know, if I love having short or long hair, I have to admit that I can`t wait to finish Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3. Then I´ll be able to have short hair again.

Hear that Orlando? That's the sound of fangirls weeping!

Actually, I'd quite like to see him with short hair again :tomato: .

Thanks for taking the time to translate that, J3chen :) .

Hear that Orlando?  That's the sound of fangirls weeping!

Oh I don't know. I think 'Drew hair' was just fine and I have fond memories of the 'baby Orlando shots'! :drool: Actually, come to think of it, it's been ages since it's been really short. I campaign for short hair! :shiny: It'll grow back.

Thanks so much J3chen for all your hard work in translating the article for us.

...I have fond memories of the 'baby Orlando shots'! :drool: Actually, come to think of it, it's been ages since it's been really short.  I campaign for short hair!  :shiny: It'll grow back.

Oh I absolutely agree, Joseb. I loved it at this length, myself:

VogueIt_1102_03.jpg

Nnnng.

Soory for the threadjack, J3chen (*slaps own wrist*).

But if you want to know, if I love having short or long hair, I have to admit that I can`t wait to finish Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3. Then I´ll be able to have short hair again.

Hear that Orlando? That's the sound of fangirls weeping!

Actually, I'd quite like to see him with short hair again :tomato: .

Well, to tell you the truth, Orlando looks great no matter which way he wears his hair, but I'll be one of the many weeping when he cuts it again. :cry: I know it's inevitable, especially with him being an actor, but I hate to see that day come. Having had long hair for much of my life, I know it can be a real pain to maintain sometimes.

Thanks for the article and translation. :wink: