ka-Bloom.org Forum

Chicago's Red Eye

I went to pick up shirts at the cleaners this morning and was quite surprised to see Orlando and Cameron smiling up at me from the counter. They are on the cover of today's Red Eye.

Red Eye is the Chicago Tribune's attempt to be hip. It's a tabloid that targets the young. And it's free.

Today's feature story is CAMERON CROWE: STARMAKER. It's a nice 2-page spread about Cameron's movies (including Elizabethtown), Orlando and Kirsten. And a lovely picture of Cameron and Orlando from the after-party on Monday in New York. I'd love to show you the picture but, unfortunately, I have no skills. And no scanner.

Anyway.back to the cleaners. I took one of the papers and then asked the man at the counter if I could take another. (Can you have too many?) He said "Take all you want. I just have to throw them away at the end of the day." (!) So now I am the proud owner of 12 copies which I will gladly share with anyone who wants one. Just PM me with your address and it will be winging it's way to you on Monday.

Oh yes.It also includes the funniest bad review of Elizabethtown you are ever likely to see. It's by Mr. Cranky who, quite frankly, hates everything. His best rating is 'almost tolerable'. His worst (which Elizabethtown received) is 'a soul-sucking nightmare'. To me, receiving this rating from Mr. Cranky is like saying the movie has real value. He gets everything wrong, but he's very entertaining.

It also includes the funniest bad review of Elizabethtown you are ever likely to see. It's by Mr. Cranky who, quite frankly, hates everything. His best rating is 'almost tolerable'. His worst (which Elizabethtown received) is 'a soul-sucking nightmare'. To me, receiving this rating from Mr. Cranky is like saying the movie has real value. He gets everything wrong, but he's very entertaining.

So, let me get this right. 2 thumbs down from Mr. Cranky = 2 thumbs up from Roger Ebert?

I went to pick up shirts at the cleaners this morning and was quite surprised to see Orlando and Cameron smiling up at me from the counter. They are on the cover of today's Red Eye.

Same here; coming out of Whole Foods. The Red Eye

Yeah, but Mr. Cranky also said the movie was better than an anal probe. So I guess that's a plus! :lol:

And the Trib panned it. So we've got Alpha/Omega here in Chi Town. It was the best of times, it was the worse of times.

As long as Roger has his thumb up - I'm a happy camper. :wink:

Yeah, Janet, the Trib's pseudo critic, Michael Phillips, panned it today.

But-- the Trib's REAL critic, Michael Wilmington, reviewed it last week and gave it 3 stars.

I call that 2 for 2 in Chicago

For all I know, Michael Phillips could BE Mr. Cranky. :lol: