Jupiter

64 posts in this topic

Let me be the first to extend my congratulations to, HeySailor :w00t: . I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next week. :wink:

Congratulations HeySailor! :clap: Now don't go waving that thing about.you might break something. :hug:

Congratulations! I guess I can get rid of the cramp from keeping my fingers crossed for a week now. :paperbag:

You have to go to a RenFest soon to show it off. It's the season. (Or have a party, or at least post some photos!) Good for you! I can still hoping for the next one, and I WILL take it around with me. Shameless!

(Anything to promote the film!)

Congrats to you HeySailor on your win of the Sword. Swing it with pride. :clap:

:rant: I really wanted to try and win one of these, but alas I could end up in jail trying to smuggle it into Canada. Now if Orlando was attached to it, that would definitely be worth the risk. :ph34r:

Luv ya, :heart:

Cherie

Wahey! Well done Heysailor! Congratulations! :cheer:

Judi, is it still definitely not open to non-US residents? Did you see my post about my lord of the rings sword which got through customs fine as long as it is labelled as a replica?

Thank you all for the kind congratulations! And a big thank you ka-Bloom and Museum Replicas for sponsoring the contest. :hug:

I've been contemplating how to keep the sword out of the hands of my 15 year old son; it'll be that little push that he needs to keep working on his chainmail. Perhaps we could display it on the wall next to the movie posters. Or, with my moniker, HeySailor, I could chuck RL and consider becoming the next Dread Pirate Roberts in some sunny warm climate. I'd love to have it autographed by Liam or Orlando but I'm not certain that I'd be able to get it past the metal detectors and security personnel.

All kidding aside, the Sword of Ibelin will be treated with the utmost care and respect that this finely crafted replica deserves. Thank you all. :wave:

Hmm. Don't know that I trust Jill with sharp objects...

:lol:

Judi, is it still definitely not open to non-US residents? Did you see my post about my lord of the rings sword which got through customs fine as long as it is labelled as a replica?

Kyle, what we said was that the competition was open to all, but that we would only ship within the USA. I included the overseas entries in the draw and it was just coincidence (and the law of probability since the vast majority of the entries were from the USA) that there was a US winner.

Same for next week.

Hmm.  Don't know that I trust Jill with sharp objects.

:lol:

Hey, I resemble that! :huh: I never had to have more than 2 stitches.at a time. My Indian name is NOT Runs-With-Scissors; it's Throws-Like-A-Girl (no offense to any Native Americans. The Indian names are a YMCA Indian Guide thing). Little known fact about HeySailor: Cub Scout Leader for 9 years.one-handed knot-tying in the dark comes in handy on occasion. :rolleyes:

The sword isn't really sharp, is it? Or is it THAT authentic?

Hey Sailor, just don't use it against your hubby! :lol:

Congrats! :shiny:

Candi

Hey Sailor, just don't use it against your hubby! :lol:

Naw, not the hubby; he's a Keeper. The kids perhaps. :whistle:

Remind me to bring it to the next Chicago ka-bloomie get together. :hug:

:lol: I can just see you dragging it through a restaurant or something. The looks you'd get! :O

Candi

Yeah, and don't run up and hug anyone with it. Just remember this:

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.then it's all fun and games without depth perception." << Little brothers are good for something.

:paperbag:

Lisa A. :damncap:

First, congratulations on your prize. Second, if you do take it out in public, just remember "High guard". :wink:

Kyle, what we said was that the competition was open to all, but that we would only ship within the USA. I included the overseas entries in the draw and it was just coincidence (and the law of probability since the vast majority of the entries were from the USA) that there was a US winner.

Same for next week.

:( I wasn't saying anything about this weeks draw at all, nor insinuating only US residents had been included in it. Please forgive me for making it look like this! :(:hug:

I was saying it in response to the post I made after the initial comment about the difficulties of shipping it. I asked a few posts later I believe if it was thus not open to non-US residents but did not get a reply, so presumed so.

Sorry about the confusion, and once again congratulations to this weeks winner. :)

one-handed knot-tying in the dark comes in handy on occasion.  :rolleyes:

Now that is a story that I'd love to hear.maybe.

Congratulations ! :clap:

Congratulations, HeySailor.

Naw, not the hubby; he's a Keeper.  The kids perhaps. :whistle:

I know exactly what you mean. Just be careful when you're waving that thing around, you don't want any 'accidents'. :wink:

Congratulations!!! :2thumbs:

After 9 years (NINE YEARS!) of cub scout leading, you definitely deserve a sword and also one of these: :wine:

Robin