Jupiter

64 posts in this topic

I'm pleased to announce a new giveaway contest in anticipation of Kingdom of Heaven being released on DVD.

Museum Replicas, sellers of historically accurate replicas, has kindly donated two replicas Swords of Ibelin for our members and guests to win. Our thanks to Dave at Museum Replicas who has kept us informed throughout about all their Kingdom of Heaven related merchandise.

Complete rules and details for the giveaway, as well as the entry form are available here. The contest is open to all, but please note that we will only be able to ship within the USA, due to restrictions on mailing weapons.

So, who wants sword?

Edited by Jupiter

That is an amazing prize, thank you so much to Museum Replicas and of course the Kabloomies in charge. :cheer:

I couldn't resist, I had to enter this one. B) Cool.

Much as I'd like love to own a replica of Balian's sword, I think it might make my husband very, very nervous. :devil: Not to mention that Customs would probably have a fit (I didn't read all the rules to see if the contest is actually open to people outside the US). So I shall pass on this one, but good luck to all who do enter, and thanks to Museum Replicas for donating the swords.

What a fantastic competition. :w00t: Thank you to Museum Replicas for donating the swords.

I'm trying to imagine the look on my husbands face if I win this! :huh:

Much as I'd like love to own a replica of Balian's sword, I think it might make my husband very, very nervous. :devil: Not to mention that Customs would probably have a fit (I didn't read all the rules to see if the contest is actually open to people outside the US). So I shall pass on this one, but good luck to all who do enter, and thanks to Museum Replicas for donating the swords.

You mean you don't think you could take that with you on airplanes anymore? :lol:

Actually you'd be amazed at the stuff I've gotten through customs in the mail. And no, I'm not telling you what!

Thank you so much for this contest. I was eyeing the sword in the Museum Replicas catalog the other day and wishing I could win the lottery and get it! Well.

Fortunately I have no nervous husband. It'd be useful in bars though! "Hi, are you going to buy me and my sword here a drink?" That'd separate the men from the boys! :lol:

Thanks for the generous offer, Museum Replicas and to KaBloom for hosting - I think it would be rather fun to have a replica sword! :w00t:

I read the rules and certainly didn't see anything that states it's only open to people in the US so I hope I'm not wrong. :unsure:

Cheers

CC :meow:

Awesome! definitely would love to win one of these! :w00t:

:cheer: Good Luck everybody!

I've participated in more contests this week that in my entire life :lol:. Thanks to the PEFIC's for being so wonderful and to Museum Replicas for the swords. Since I don't have a husband I want to imagine Orlando's face if I win one of these.priceless :wub:.

Wow! :w00t: Thank's for this competition PEFIC and Museum Replica's, what an amazing prize!

I'm really keen with this, I'm a huge sword fan (as the pictures below will hopefully show) and Museum Replica's told me they don't ship internationally. :angry::rant:

Anyway, what a great opportunity to show you all some of my Lord of the Rings swords and items, just so you don't think I'm blagging me saying I'm a sword fan because of the competition.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7961/lotrswords4fl.jpg

Top: Legolas' knives (woot!)

Middle left: Glamdring (Gandalf's sword)

Middle right: Anduril, flame of the West (Narsil reforged/King Aragorn/Elessars sword)

Bottom left: Herugrim (Theoden's sword)

Bottom right: Hadhafang (Elrond/Arwens sword)

gandalfandsarumansstaff1ve.jpg

Saruman and Gandalf the White's staff.

These are all of my Lord of the Rings swords at the moment, but I'll hopefully soon be getting Sting, Eowyn's sword, Boromir's sword, Pippins Gondorian helmet and the helm of Sauron, which is HUGE.

I've got other weaponry non Orlando or Lord of the Rings related (some star wars items :shiny: ), but trying to keep it semi-relevant.

IMAGE replaced with a link by the PEFIC - remember, only 550p wide. :wink:

Oops, sorry! :(

Wow! An amazing contest! If I should happen to win, there is a perfect spot on my wall next to 'Sting' and 'Glamdring'! My husband loves, loves Lord of the Rings, he received the swords as gifts. :)

Mary :heart:

I really feel you PEFIC are wonderful, arranging all these contests. I'm really amazed at your connections and your generosity. Thank you.

Aliza

What a neat contest! Of course I'll enter and give it a shot. Haven't had much luck with any of the other contests, so we shall see if I get lucky this time.

Thanks for this competition PEFIC and Museum Replicas. Oh how you spoil us.

Side note: Gonedeaf!! How do you manage to have all those wonderful swords? I am so envious. I want (and will someday have) the Legolas daggers, but money is always an issue. I did get to hold them in the mall one day though. Such pretty things.

Wow, Gonedeaf, what a beautiful, beautiful collection. Thank you for sharing the photo. :clap:

Any pictures of you in action with one of your swords?

Thank you for the contest! I've always wanted a sword.

Of all the things given away on here, I must say "I want this one! I made a friend of mine who didn't get to see the movie watch all the trailers and videos on here just this week. Now she is ready to see it when it gets here, right before she has to go abroad next week.

Oh, I am keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks to all for setting this up. What a great thing! :hug:

WOW! Kyle those swords are amazing.

You really must try to get to the Lord of the Rings Festival next year. They had a stand selling swords ('Movie Replicas' or something of the likes) and two of the swords they were selling were Boromir's and Sting. They also had the Sword of Ibelin there which really is stunning.

I may just take a detour to your house next time I'm in Telford! :whistle:

Hey Wendi!

You seriously should pop over next time you are around, I could show you my swords (man that could sound wrong if you are of a dirty mind :naughty: ) and then we could perhaps do lunch or something and catch up! I've got your mobile number but I've had a new phone so I'll text you my new number. :)

Edit - just realised this should have all gone into a PM really. Oh well.

Edited by Gonedeaf

Not to mention that Customs would probably have a fit (I didn't read all the rules to see if the contest is actually open to people outside the US).

Thanks for raising that, Aniethen. We have checked and it would appear that shipping the swords outside the USA would cause considerable difficulties as they are classified as weapons. None of t-shirts or posters from previous contests fell into that category (although MovieImp is fairly deadly with a poster tube) so this isn't a bridge we have had to cross before.

Apologies to those of you outside the US who have already entered.

:( Oh no!

Well just in case this'll increase the chances of getting them shipped to international competition entrees, I bought my herugrim (Theoden's sword) whilst I was on holiday to Florida and it got through fine, customs approved because it is a replica weapon, as long as they are made aware of its presence they are usually fine with it.

Edited for correction to the name, put the name of Arwens accidentally!

Oh, my daughter would FLIP if I won this for her! Thanks so much for the opportunity. :hug:

Gonedeaf, your sword collection is amazing! I've always wondered if the replicas are as beautiful as what they use in the movies and I can see by that picture that they are. Thanks for sharing.

Kathie

Well, I've become a sucker for contests since ka-Bloom has had so many lately. I figure, what the heck, I may as well enter. Thanks to everyone who has made this contest possible.

~Ivy~

Wow! Thanks to the PEFIC and Museum Replicas for anothr great contest.

Kyle, I lvoe your sword collection. Those are so cool.

Not to mention that Customs would probably have a fit (I didn't read all the rules to see if the contest is actually open to people outside the US).

Thanks for raising that, Aniethen. We have checked and it would appear that shipping the swords outside the USA would cause considerable difficulties as they are classified as weapons. None of t-shirts or posters from previous contests fell into that category (although MovieImp is fairly deadly with a poster tube) so this isn't a bridge we have had to cross before.

Apologies to those of you outside the US who have already entered.

:( This is so disappointing. I can't speak for others who live outside the US that have entered, but if I happen to win this, and it can't be shipped over, would it be in any way possible for someone to ask Orlando to sign it and then put it up for auction? The proceeds could go to one of Orlando's favourite charities.

Kyle, can I just add to the wow club and say your weapon collection is beautiful? The detail on those swords and knives are awe inspiring. Do they come ready mounted or boxed?

I believe the Sword of Ibelin would look beautful mounted above my fireplace. :swords:

It's Monday morning, and after a random draw we have a winner of the first Sword of Ibelin.

Congratulations to HeySailor.

Remember, all entries from the first week will automatically be included in the draw for the second week, so there is no need to re-enter. If you haven't entered yet, then get clicking on that button.