Ams

128 posts in this topic

My dear dear dear hubby went to Target today and picked it up for me. I'm so excited, I'm with you Ponycobbler, I had to have it today, and it feels good to hold it in my hot little hands. I don't know when I'm going to have the time to watch it (I stayed up way too late last night to watch Letterman and need to go to sleep early tonight, but fear I may be too tempted to watch KOH) but I'm glad to have it. And, I'm in the middle of watching Two Towers, and can't wait to see Etown on Friday. But I'm not OBsessed, am I? :blink:

Aliza

:weep: I preordered at Amazon and it didn't come today!! Waah! :weep:

And just when I thought I could survive until it came out on DVD.. :rip:

Today really smells like lilacs in the springtime.

I popped into Best Buy yesterday after work and got mine, along with the ETown sneak preview DVD. I'll probably watch it tomorrow, but I'm glad they had it. It was also good to see that they had sold a lot too.

:yahoo: I got my copy with the bonus book! The book is pretty neat. But the tape they had it attached with ripped my slip case a little :rant: . I don't remember seeing the VHS, but I may have to get that too. As VHS is a dying format, it may be somewhat of a collectors' item.

I bought my copy on last Monday and I already have seen it three times since then, one with the commentary "Pilgrim's guide" (really interesting). Also I saw some features from Disc 2, Orlandos looks great as always :w00t: , although the interview with him is very very short :whistle: .

And. I want to watch it tonight again. :blush: I never have too much of Balian, I just love him. So, while I'm waiting for Drew I'll with Balian. :drool:

I've had the KoH DVD on my birthday/Christmas list since the film first came out! But of course, I just knew that I wouldn't be able to wait until December, so I picked up a copy after work yesterday. Well, when I got home, my dear hearted son had already bought me a copy! This is by far, the sweetest surprise he's ever given me! So, now our household has the wide-screen as well as the full screen double disc versions! I know for a fact that my son played his all night long, as I heard the score coming from his little apartment, this morning when I left for work!

Cheers! :cheer:

Carol

Mine is on the way from Amazon.com, I'm TRYING to be patient. :wink: I can't WAIT to watch this movie over and over.

I just looked to see whether or not it's on Amazon's top seller list and it is, it's #6! :cheer: I'm very happy to see that!

Kathie

Ding dong at about noon today. UPS man with my precious! Hubby and I watched some of the stuff over the weekend on A&E and I think it was the History Channel. And to my surprise he is interested in seeing it. :w00t: I will convert him yet! So I will be the patient little wifey and wait for him until viewing tonight.

I can't wait!

I called Borders from work yesterday, and they put a copy of the 2-disc DVD set at the check-out stand for me. They also had the Elizabethtown Original Score CD, so I picked that up also. I'm saving Balian for this weekend. I plan on spending most of Saturday afternoon and evening watching KOH, frame (stop/rewind/play slowmo) by frame (stop/rewind/play slowmo) by frame. :tvhappy:

Guest marshmallow

Yesterday when I arrived from school and I looked to my bed there was a gift bag with tissue paper and all. When I opened it. it was the KOH DVD! :pulp: I was jumping up and down, and immediately put it on.

I've watched it two times already. :blush:

I went over to Target to buy mine yesterday. Same price as Best Buy ($16.99), but I had to pick a few other things at Target, so I bought it there instead of going to two places. I ordered the Elizabethtown score and screenplay from Amazon. I thought about ordering the KOH dvd as well, but decided that I just couldn't wait to see Balian again any longer! I watched it as soon as I got home.

:yahoo: Yay! Guess what showed up today? KoH :yahoo:, Calcium Kid :yahoo: AND my ka-Bloom t-shirt! :yahoo:

Now the only problem is - which one do I watch first? Do I re-experience the nihilistic joys of Balian or laugh it up with cute young Jimmy for the first time? :nails:

I'll tell you one thing I won't be doing anytime soon, and that's sleeping! Instead, you'll be able to take me as a model for this smilie. :tvhappy:

I believe! :crusader:

:yahoo: Guess who got her copy today! $16.99 at Target, baby! That's what I'm talking about! When I got home, I only had half an hour before Lost started so I decided to simply check out the extra features for a bit.

although the interview with him (Orlando) is very very short

I know! I was like, "wait, no, go back!!" I beleive those were my exact words when they cut the love scene to short as well! :lol:

Somehow, I'm going to wait and watch the movie tomorrow, as I have to get up for class early. :( Wish me luck!

*Off to dream of her knight in shining armor*

:throb: ~Lita~

I got mine today at Best Buy! :w00t: I was soooo thrilled because the display was nearly out. There were maybe 10 left. And then the woman who rang me up told me, completely off-hand, that the movie was selling like crazy. I practiced some serious self-control because all I said was, "Really? Well, it's an awesome movie." But I was actually freaking out I was so happy to hear it. :yahoo: I asked if she'd seen it (she had already asked me and I nearly busted a gut at that) and she replied no, but I think she's tempted to now since it selling so well and I told her to. :shiny:

Can't wait to pop it in!

Guest Kayla

I was so excited today because my partner arrived home with KOH dvd.

He know's how much I admire Orlando's acting and personality.

As soon as the kid's are asleep I'm in bed watching it on the 76cm flat wide-screen T.V we have in there, I'm so excited. :drool:

Sorry I couldn't contain myself. :shiny:

I don't know if I should get my copy yet or not. I'm moving to Australia soon and I hear they are changing their DVD's so that I won't be able to play any from the States there on their players. I really want to buy it now, but I'm afraid it won't work when I get there. :( Guess I'll just have to wait.

Guest Kayla
I don't know if I should get my copy yet or not. I'm moving to Australia soon and I hear they are changing their DVD's so that I won't be able to play any from the States there on their players. I really want to buy it now, but I'm afraid it won't work when I get there. :( Guess I'll just have to wait.

I'm from Australia, which part are you moving too? If you don't mind me asking.

In a few month's they normally release a collector's edition DVD in Australia with extra's on. You could wait until then to buy your copy. I haven't heard about the DVD player change here but If they do then look at buying a multi reigon DVD player so It play's any DVD from any country.

Good luck with your move :)

Guest Keele

I am from Australia too, I got my copy yesterday from Big W it cost $28.85 and worth every cent.

firefly 81, I have a multi region DVD player and can play DVD's from anywhere in the world, you can change the code on your player when you get here to Region 4.

Good Luck with your move.

Keele. :wave:

Well, so far I have bought three copies. I got two the first day it was released. One was for me and the other for my nephew. When I sat down to watch my copy I realized I had the full screen instead of the wide screen version which I prefer. Did I take it back, return Balian? No way. I went back the next day and bought the wide screen version that came with the free book. Since I had already bought the book back in May, I gave this copy to my nephew.

Oh, I also managed to get in a plug for the DVD while standing in the checkout line. A guy behind me saw the DVD and commented that he had heard it was a good movie. I told him I had seen it, it was very good, and it was a shame more people hadn't seen the movie when it was first released.

ETA: I just finished watching the second disc and I'm angry all over again. When I saw some of the scenes that had been filmed then cut from the movie I could see what a great movie it could have been.

Click For Spoiler

There were scenes of Balian with his wife showing how happy they were. There was more of Godfrey at home that I feel revealed Balian's backstory.

I haven’t bought the DVD yet because I'm holding out for the EE discs, but here’s a little story about it that I thought I would share.

On Monday I phoned our local video store to ask if the KOH was out yet, and the guy who answered said he had never heard of it. :O Naturally, I was horrified and told him as such. He told me that they were getting new stuff in on Tuesday, so I should try and phone back then. I forgot because I was rather busy for the next two days, but on Thursday I decided to get a DVD so I phoned again, and the same guy answered. This time they did have it and I asked if he'd watched it yet. He said yes, and that he thought it was absolutely brilliant! I was politely smug as I booked it for the evening. :shiny:

When I got there after work he was watching it again, and told me that was the fourth time since it had come into the shop that he was watching it and was a little disappointed that he had to give the copy to me. Heh. He told me that when I had asked for Kingdom of Heaven he thought that I was talking about a religious film of some sort! :huh: Course, I had to ask if he was going to recommend it to people and he said most definitely! So all in all I felt quite chuffed about that. And it just goes to prove once again what a crap job Fox did of promoting it if the guy who works in the video store hasn’t heard of the damn thing – not even from when it was on circuit!

I just keep thinking how hard it must be for the actors and everyone else involved in a movie like that. You know you busted your gut working for it and in the end you're let down by the very people who employed you. :angry:

Word of mouth is the way it has to be now! If the studio can't get the publicity right, let the public do it!

Cheers

CC :meow:

I got my Kingdom of Heaven DVD on Tuesday and I have watched it three times already. Orlando was so good in this as Balian. The way he carried himself, the way he talked, he was so dignified in this movie. And that scene where he knights all those men to help defend Jerusalem was so powerful. Orlando and the movie deserved so much more than it got. Well I am glad I finally have the DVD and I am really going to enjoy this. :throb:

Kim

CC! Good for you girl! That's what we need to do as Orlando Bloom fans, spread the word on what amazing actor and PERSON he is and on the great movie projects he is involved with.

Guest Vie

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon because I knew it was coming out whilst I was away on holiday. When I came back I opened the door to a small mountain of mail and there, at the very bottom, was the brown cardboard package containing all that movie goodness. The very thing for that 'post-holiday having to go back to work' depression. I haven't finished watching it all yet - I've been treating myself to a feature at a time, which makes it great to go home each day with that to look forward to.

I'm really hoping there is an extened collector's edition. I'd heard all the rumours about Ridley Scott adding up to an extra 80 minutes of footage and was getting quite hopeful (and excited) that we might see some of it, but I guess I'll have to wait *sigh*.

Then again, it's always lovely anticipating future treats! :)

Hey, I finally was able to watch the movie and I was wondering where that one extremely sexy scene is where Orlando is bare chested and up on his elbow. I missed it somewhere. HELP please, I want to watch him.

Thanks, Amanda

Amanda, unfortunately, that scene is on the cutting room floor. :angry: We hope that there will be an extended edition DVD and that that scene will be restored, but until then, we just have to see it in our minds' eye.

Aliza