Ams

128 posts in this topic

How many times did you order the Kingdom of Heaven DVD?

I ordered it 3 times, the American, English and the German version.

The American one because I like the cover so much. (Amazon.de)

The English because it's already out on the 3rd (Amazon.com)

And the German one because.erm :blink: . I think because I want it here to be on the best selling list, hmm.no. Honestly I don't know why I ordered it, I'm not gonna watch it in German anyway but I felt like I have to order it. (1Advd)

I think I'm a little crazy buying the same dvd 3 times but it's the same with Pirates of the Caribbean and Blue Crush, Computer says 'no' :blush:

Does anyone here also have this buying the same dvd over and over again illnes?

Ann :wave:

Ams, you're mad! :lmao: Though I must admit I was tempted to buy the American version because the cover is so much nicer than the UK one. But hey, it came out over here yesterday so the wait was unbearable - I got mine yesterday, the 2 disc rather than the 1 disc one (of course ;)) which is quite nice, it's in a shiny slipcase and then a normal DVD inside. Much like a lot The Incredibles, if you've got that on DVD anybody.

I watched the movie last night, the special features on disc 1 and on disc 2 the 'Orlando Bloom: Adventure of a lifetime' featurette and the 'A and E MovieReal' thing, which was quite interesting and nicely done (some quite cool 'art-freeze' moments of characters and clips from the film).

Just wondering if anybody else has been watching the special features yet and what they thought of them? I'm off to attack that 'grid' now. :lol:

Just wondering if anybody else has been watching the special features yet and what they thought of them? I'm off to attack that 'grid' now.  :lol:

I watched the special features last night - well some of them! The 'grid' has an hour and a half of footage on it and it's really interesting. Aniethen has posted some caps from the Production Grid in another thread.

I also watched the featurettes. I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of extras on the DVD. Tonight I'll finish watching them and then maybe watch the film - if there are enough hours left in the evening!

Just to keep on topic, I'm planning to get the 4 disc when it's released, so that will be two copies.

So far I have only one copy, but that is about to change. Hubby bought it for me, but only got the single disc edition. No features, no BTS, no Orlando, just a great movie. So, as soon as I can, I will be sneaking out to buy the 2 disc. I hated complaining to hubby for only getting the 1 disc ed. and he was too shy to take it back to the shop and tell them he wanted to change it because his wife complined there wasn't enough Orlando Bloom in it! :lol: So bless him he has promised to buy me the extended edition if and when it comes out.

So make that one edition of the DVD, but before the year is out, it will be three. :shiny: I do have all editions of LOTR, though. :paperbag:

I am impatiently waiting for the 2-disk version and I'll definitely be getting the extended version if and when it's released. I have a feeling we missed very important parts of the character development in the theatrical release and I'm dying to see the movie the way it was meant to be seen. :)

Kathie

Oh yeah, I forgot LOTR Computer says 'no', I also have all editions!

I haven't received the KOH dvd yet but I hope I will this week. I sooo can't wait to watch it again.

I know it's more fun when you have the specials on a dvd, especially when there is one of your favourite actors in it and you have the chance to see him behind the cameras. :)

I am impatiently waiting for the 2-disk version and I'll definitely be getting the extended version if and when it's released.  I have a feeling we missed very important parts of the character development in the theatrical release and I'm dying to see the movie the way it was meant to be seen.  :)

Kathie

:blink: Oh, then I guess it's gonna be four KOH dvd's for me :shower: , I didn't know there's gonna be an extended version. Cool !

Good for you Ann ordering three copies of the DVD I know where you are coming from.

My two-disc dvd arrived on Saturday. Yesterday lunchtime I went to Woolworths to buy the single disc (it’s a different cover and I also wanted a copy for upstairs so I can watch Balian in bed).

It’s very rare for a new dvd to be nearly sold out in my local Woolworths, the display was virtually empty. I managed to persuade a guy to buy a copy as he kept picking it up and putting it down I walked over, picked one off the shelf and went to pay. Next thing he’s behind me in the queue with the dvd as well.

I will also be buying the Extended Edition when it is released.

It’s very rare for a new dvd to be nearly sold out in my local Woolworths, the display was virtually empty.

I noticed in my local WHSmith today that the two disc version was sold out! Also, yesterday morning whilst I was queuing to buy mine, there was someone infront of me buying one as well. :shiny:

The last time I can remember a DVD selling out around here was when 'Ladies in Lavendar' was released. The reason being, it was filmed locally.

It’s very rare for a new dvd to be nearly sold out in my local Woolworths, the display was virtually empty.

I noticed in my local WHSmith today that the two disc version was sold out! Also, yesterday morning whilst I was queuing to buy mine, there was someone infront of me buying one as well. :shiny:

The last time I can remember a DVD selling out around here was when 'Ladies in Lavendar' was released. The reason being, it was filmed locally.

Sorry, just had to do a happy dance. :pulp::yahoo:

Well, I haven't noticed the KOH DVD on sale anywhere here yet (South Africa) but I did notice that on Amazon.uk it's the current no. 1 selling DVD. I first noticed this yesterday, and it's still in that position today even though numbers 2-5 have changed around. I just thought it worth mentioning, because in the words of Amazon the top selling list is.

...the 100 DVDs Amazon.co.uk customers couldn’t live without in the last 24 hours. Updated hourly.

Promising to see, I thought.

Cheers

CC :meow:

I saw an advertisement for the DVD during LOST tonight, and I want to know who's bright idea it was to have some kind of (not very good) rock music for the end of the commercial. I had seen it before and didn't like it, but I figured it was just a trial run. Seems like it may be the actual commercial here in the State. I sure hope not. :censor: Why would they do it that way? Did I miss something?

Just few more days.

Watched the special edition, double disc dvd on Monday and I thought it was great. Very fond of the shiny box, loved the lay out of the menu and I liked all the extras. I loved the interactive grid thing though some elements felt a bit skipped over and I have a feeling that they are holding some stuff back for the extended dvd.

I really liked the bit when Ridley Scott was including Orlando's wooly hat into his layered helmet look. Jeremy Irons was interesting saying that he would have taken one of three parts that he thought he could do but there was only one left. I think he would have been a good Guy, though I'm very happy with the casting as it is.

Best of all was watching the film again. I really missed Balian! :throb:

tatoola

My double DVD came on Friday and it was hubby who was in more of a hurry than me to see the film that evening! Go figure. :rolleyes:

What a delight to be able to hear the original soundtrack and enjoy the voices of the actors, especially Jeremy Irons'. :faint: The film definitely needs to be longer to get the whole story told and the extras whetted the appetite just enough so that when the director's cut comes out, it'll sell. I'm going to buy it for sure. Hubby really enjoyed the extras and the A&E documentary and he's usually critical.

The grid was interesting, I shall have to play with it a bit longer (what a chore!), but in the other extras -that have been seen on the internet - there was some repetition.

All in all an enjoyable packet with lots of Balian goodness. :crusader:

I just went and bought mine at Wal-Mart and it came with a Kingdom of Heaven Book:The Ridley Scott Film and History Behind the Story. I was so excited when I saw it as I walked into WalMart. I'm gonna pop it in and watch it at least 3 times today. :blush:

I'm going out to Wal Mart after work to buy the 2-disc set :yahoo: . And of course I'll have to have the 4-disc one (provided it is coming out). So that will be 2 for me :shiny: .

I miss Balian so much. :cry: Even the prospect of seeing Drew this week doesn't really make up for not having Balian around.

I had hoped to wait for he EE DVD.but seeing these little bits and pics for the theatrical DVD is making me weak.. :rolleyes: . And if Walmart is giving out a "making of" book with the DVD, well, what choice do I have ? None. :wub:

Well, I got my KOH DVD at Wal-Mart with the bonus book. :yahoo: If they release an extended cut though I'll also be buying that one as well. It's so good to finally see Balian again. I've already watched it twice today. WooHoo!

~Ivy~

I got it, I got it! :yahoo: Welcome back, Balian. We missed you. This week is Orlando Week! Now, when I am done posting, it's off to watch the DVD. :tvhappy:

Got my copy of the dvd first thing this morning! :yahoo: When and if the EE comes out, I'll be adding that to my movie collection as well! :shiny:

Mary :heart:

I got one at Best Buy today, (not knowing about the book, I WILL be checking that out tomorrow!) and showed a little of it to one friend at his place. No problem, right? Got home to watch it on the DVD player with the stereo, and it wouldn't play on it. By then someone had come over, so we switched to another player, so all was not lost. Does anyone have a solution for me? :paperbag: I know nothing.

I gotta confess, I felt all better once the case was in my hot little hands today. I have been on pins and needles to see it again. :faint: