Geri

Ale-8-one Tshirts

Many of you have already seen the product placement of regional Kentucky softdrink Ale-8-one in Elizabethtown trailers and production stills. We've been keeping tabs on this Winchester Kentucky bottling company's web site, watching for the t-shirt that Drew is shown wearing in the film. We've also been in touch with these nice folks, and they were thrilled to know there is so much interest being generated in their product because of the movie.

So, without further adieu, you can now order your very own replica of Drew's Tshirt.

Ka-Bloom.org and Ale-8-one are also teaming up to bring you another opportunity to win a souvenir by which to remember Elizabethtown. Ale-8 has kindly agreed to provide us with some small goodies from their gift shop which we'll be giving away in a promotion next month!

A big thank you to DeAnne at Ale-8-one! :cheer:

ETA: Special thanks also go to our member oceanbreeze5 (Ivy) and her mom for tipping us off that the shirts were on hand in the Ale-8-one gift shop in Winchester, which isn't too far from where they live. We wouldn't have known otherwise! Thanks ladies.

ETA: If you buy a shirt (or two) post here and let us know! :)

Edited by HopelessRomantic

And only $12! What a deal! I'm also thinking that the wristband would look good with my One wristband that's in the mail.

:cheer: As an avid collector of t-shirts, I'm so happy! I just ordered a t-shirt! This will make it all better in case I don't win the E-town shirt!

I got mine on Tuesday and heart it big time! Must get a photo taken.

Thanks again, DeAnne! (And thanks to Geri for making this connection for us.)

You PEFIC are going above and beyond the call of duty these days. I probably won't be getting a shirt, but I really appreciate the thought behind making the connection with Ale 8. Ya gotta :wub: ka-Bloom. And I do.

:cheer::cheer::cheer: for the PEFIC. :towel:

Aliza

You PEFIC are going above and beyond the call of duty these days. I probably won't be getting a shirt, but I really appreciate the thought behind making the connection with Ale 8. Ya gotta :wub: ka-Bloom. And I do.

:cheer::cheer::cheer: for the PEFIC. :towel:

Aliza

Thanks Aliza, but I forgot to mention the help we got in this one when I initially posted. Ivy (oceanbreeze5) and her mom were our scouts on this one, and they let us know when they found the shirt in the gift shop at Ale-8 in Winchester. This one was a team effort. Thanks again, gals! :hug:

I am a collector of t-shirts too! I can't have enough of them. I am going to order one for sure! And I :wub: the fact that they use Drew in the shirt on their site. That should help sale for sure!

I plan to order one, and some for my ka-Bloomettes as well. It says that it's also available in children's sizes, but there isn't a button for them. I e-mailed to ask about this and will post here when I get an answer, in case anyone else is interested.

Thanks for the info, Geri!

ETA: Thanks to Ivy and her mom for scouting out the shirts!

I really want one, but my dad (the Official Credit Card holder of the family) won't let me order one because of all that "Orlando junk" I've been getting lately (KOH and E-Town soundtrack). *goes off and sulks in a corner.* :angry:

Lisa A. :damncap:

Well, I got my shirt a few weeks ago and have been proudly sporting it around here ever since. I just love it :wub: and I can honestly say, it was mine and my mom's pleasure to scout out these gems for ourselves and my fellow ka-Bloomies. My mom liked the shirt so well I even bought her one. Mother/daughter shirts, you have to love that.

~Ivy~

Mine arrived earlier this week. I haven't worn it yet, but it's currently "on display" on my dresser. I think I'll have to take a picture in mine too, Kira. :rolleyes:

Thanks to Ivy and Geri and Deanne from Ale-8.

It's a Drewling™ thing.

[Pippin mode]I'm gettin' one.[/Pippin mode] I think I'll have to order one while hubby's at work on Monday. :whistle:

I'm thinking about ordering some of the soft drink as well. Has anyone had it? Is it good?

Thanks for the awesome enabling. Team ka-Bloom rocks!

In case you're wondering why we didn't share this information earlier, we wanted to wait until DeAnne and her staff had time to get the shirt up on the website. We didn't want to flood them with phone calls from around the globe. :lol:

I'm thinking about ordering some of the soft drink as well. Has anyone had it? Is it good?

Thanks for the awesome enabling. Team ka-Bloom rocks!

Nickel_G-Ale-8 is a kind of ginger ale. It's not bad. I've been drinking it all my life. But a word of advice, if you do order some, make sure it is super cold when you drink it. Cold to the point of little bits of ice floating in it. Warm Ale-8=bad taste left in your mouth. I hope you enjoy it.

~Ivy~

Let me add my thanks to Ivy and her mom (moms don't have their own names). :grouphug:

This is really awesome.

Aliza

I ordered one last night! Thanks so much for getting this information to us.

Guess what I'll be wearing to see Elizabethtown? :paperbag:

Oh yeah! I'm going to put mine on a take a picture as soon as it gets here! I thought about ordering the soda, but then my hubby would wonder if I lost it. Can you beleive he was in Louisville for 3-4 weeks and never saw or tried Ale 8? Weirdo! :lmao:

Guest drakius
I plan to order one, and some for my ka-Bloomettes as well. It says that it's also available in children's sizes, but there isn't a button for them. I e-mailed to ask about this and will post here when I get an answer, in case anyone else is interested.

Thanks for the info, Geri!

ETA: Thanks to Ivy and her mom for scouting out the shirts!

They obviously got your email CaliMom because the children's shirts now have an order button. I like how the Ka-Bloomies are keeping this Company on their toes. :wink:

After getting on the website, I didn't notice any description on how big each size is. I mean, how do you know if you should order a medium or a large? I don't want my shirt to be too big or too small.

Does anybody know how big each size is?

From what I've been told by those on staff here who have already received their shirts, they are on the generous side of sizing. Not sure about the kids sizes, but those are probably more standard. The adult sizes seem to be of the 'unisex' variety, more generously cut. Hopefully DeAnne will be able to answer any other questions when she gets back to work on Monday. B)

I plan to order one, and some for my ka-Bloomettes as well.  It says that it's also available in children's sizes, but there isn't a button for them.  I e-mailed to ask about this and will post here when I get an answer, in case anyone else is interested.

Yes please Calimom because I'm only little and I reckon that a large children's might be better for me than a small adult. If anyone get's an idea of sizes, could they post it up. I'm looking for either an age 12-13yrs or a UK size 6-8 which is 32" chest (82cm?).

Do you think they would send internationally? I'd love to wear one at the UK Premiere.

ETA to put the correct cm on - I was well out with my first guess!

ETA2 They do hoodies as well! That might be better for our Autumm weather.

Jo, they do ship internationally. My shirt is in the wash so I can't measure it for you, but I can tell you that I got a Medium and it's loose on me. I'm usually a size 10 (US)/34" chest, which I think is a 14 (UK)?

I was thinking about it, and what really makes this tshirt special is that its got the distressed look to it. According to DeAnne, the shirt wasn't originally in their inventory. The studio had actually created Drew's shirt using an iron on, with this beautiful soft green distressed look. It's my guess that they were after a more worn look, as though the shirt had been offered to Drew right out of his cousin's closet. :lol:

What you see at Ale-8-one is indeed a replica (the choice of color, fabric style) of that shirt. Of course the Ale-8-one shield is the same as appears on many of their other products, but the whole idea of the overall look being designed to appear like it wasn't exactly brand new when Drew put it on really adds to the authenticity.

It also occurred to me that he wears this shirt during some of the most poignant moments of the film, the dance in the hall of trees.... :wub: the scattering of the ashes on the yellow bridge. What a great momento to own!

ETA: Thanks Kira, for confirming the Intern'l shipping option. I'm not sure they ship to Canada, though. Robyn said she couldn't get it where she lives. :unsure: We'll have to find out more next week.

Edited by HopelessRomantic

I've e-mailed them to clarify how to order internationally (from UK anyhow as only US states are mentioned on the shipping address) and asked what size is needed for a 13-14 yr old girl. :blush: I'll let you know what happens.

I'm not actually 13yrs though you understand! I just look very youthful.

ETA My e-mail has been returned undelivered because apparently my host is blacklisted. :blink: I haven't done anything - honest! Okay, I'm trying again on my newly created hotmail account!

Nickel_G-Ale-8 is a kind of ginger ale. It's not bad. I've been drinking it all my life. But a word of advice, if you do order some, make sure it is super cold when you drink it. Cold to the point of little bits of ice floating in it. Warm Ale-8=bad taste left in your mouth. I hope you enjoy it.

~Ivy~

Thanks, Ivy. I had guessed that's what it was. I'll give it a shot, since Hubby and I really like ginger ale. I can store it in the one area of our fridge that always seems to get icy, even if the rest of the fridge is perfect. :rolleyes:

The fact that they copied Drew's shirt instead of the other way around makes me want one even more. :wub: