Sign in to follow this  
HeySailor

13 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting this, HeySailor. Yes, Harry Gregson-Williams is the right one to vote for; he wrote the original music for the score. The other three are credited for non-original pieces, i.e., cues that were used from other movies. I would imagine they were used in the theatrical release because it had so much footage edited out and there wasn't time and/or money to get the original score redone.

Here's what imdb lists:

Non-Original Music by

Marco Beltrami (from "Blade II")

Patrick Cassidy (from "Vide Cor Meum")

Jerry Goldsmith (from "The 13th Warrior")

Graeme Revell (from "The Crow" and "The Crow: City of Angels")

Thanks Hey Sailor, for posting that. Of course I voted, but how will they ever tell with that many soundtracks to choose from. Wasn't it something like 3.400 entries? :knight:

With that many soundtracks to chose from, and dilute out the votes, a vote for KOH-Gregson Williams from every ka-Bloomie would overwhelm the competition. Statistically speaking. I'm not sure if it's one vote per IP address, one per email address, one per browser or one per day.

I voted! :knight:

Lisa A. :damncap:

I placed my one little vote. I thought the soundtrack was brilliant. I hope it gets an award!

Kim :crusader:

Hey Sailor, thank you for posting this! I absolutely loved the KOH soundtrack, so I voted immediately.

Marina

Done! :) Thank you for the link, Heysailor.

I voted ! Hope KOH wins.I loved the music and will buy the soundtrack when it is available. :wub:

Good grief. That movie was so bad I don't even remember hearing music. But I do like what Vangelis has done in the past. Particularly the soundtrack from Year of Living Dangerously.

Isn't that something? Please duct-tape my mouth shut now before I say something unkind. Let's see, we rented Alexander last week and it was so bad we didn't get past the hideous, trashy helmet Colin had to wear. And my friend is NUTS about him.

On the other hand, I listen to the KOH soundtrack at least 3 times a day even now. I don't remember any music with Alexander, either, Janet ,so it's not just you. I kept comparing the costumes with the ones I am so familiar with. No comparison, again.

Well, maybe the music is good. What do I know? Thanks for giving us an update, Sailor . You are a good egg.

Thanks for giving us an update, Sailor . You are a good egg.

Aw shucks, ma'am. :blush: Since I started this thread, I felt that it needed proper closure, even if it's not with the hoped for results. Now it can sink down the threads into message board oblivion.