Jupiter

Samantha Bloom in 'Love and Other Disasters'

Many thanks to cazrider who scanned this article from the Sunday Telegraph (UK) 26th June, which talks about Samantha's role in 'Love and Other Disasters'.

sun-telegraph_jun_05.jpg

Although it says that Orlando is also appearing in the film, I suggest taking a pinch of salt unless/until this is confirmed from other sources.

Thanks Caz and Jupiter. I love that picture of them together, from the London premiere of KOH. Beautiful siblings.

I'd really love to see them work together, though so I hope it is true. B)

That'll be pretty cool if they get to work together. :) Thanks to Cazrider and Jupiter for the article.

Thank you Cazrider and Judi! I would love to see them work together one day, if not in this film, in something else. Maybe even onstage in a theatre production? Now that would be brilliant.

Good luck to Samantha!

Edited by CaliMom

Thanks, Caz and Jup. I'm looking forward to seeing Samantha on the big screen. :)

That's a cool article. B) Congrats to Samantha and thank you Cazrider and Jupiter for the scan!

Even if Orlando's not in this movie, I am eager to see how Samantha does. Yep, I'll be seeing it!

Thanks casrider and Judi!!

Candi

Thank you, Judi and Caz. What a lovely picture of them together. But that part about Orlando also being in the movie. :huh: I think the person who wrote the article must have made a mistake. It's first time I heard about Orlando appearing in a David Fincher film. Whatever the case, I am happy for Samantha. David is a wonderful director, and am happy she is working with him. Congrats, Samantha! :clap:

Thanks cazrider!

Here's a little info on Love And Other Disasters.

The IMDb page says it is written, directed and produced (with others) by Alek Keshishian. He also directed With Honors, Madonna: Truth or Dare, and Bobby Brown : His Perogative.

And he was one of the photographers on this Orlando calendar, posted by Isawien.

Love and Other Disasters is a comedy starring Brittany Murphy and Matthew Rhys.

MovieWeb

Brittany Murphy set to star in Love and Other Disasters

Wednesday, March 16th, 2005

Source:  Variety

According to Variety, Brittany Murphy is set to star in Love and Other Disasters, a romantic comedy to be directed by Alek Keshishian (Truth Or Dare) and financed by Luc Besson's EuropaCorp.

In the pic shooting this summer in London and Paris, Murphy will play an assistant at U.K. Vogue who's the catalyst for a group of young friends as they try to find love.

Keshishian wrote the script, and he will produce with Alison Owen of Ruby Film, Besson and Virginie Silla for EuropaCorp and David Fincher.

Dairwendan

Thanks for the article Caz and Jupiter. I haven't really been keeping up with Samantha but I will start doing so in the future. I think it would be great if she and Orlando worked together. However, I will be taking this information a pinch of salt until otherwise noted.

~Ivy~

I must admit to being surprised about the claim that Orlando will be appearing in this movie.

Initially I was excited to read Samantha's comment "If he did, nobody has told me about it" but, actually, that could be a response to any number of questions.

I saw Brittany Murphy in the newspaper a day or two ago doing something at Harrod's. She said she will be filming in London for the next few months so it looks like this movie will clash with Orlando's PotC commitments (and, possibly, "Paris je t'aime").

Having said that, as a source I would trust "The Sunday Telegraph" but we'll just have to wait and see.

Perhaps we'll get an Orlando cameo!

As Orlando has been announced as indeed having a cameo in this film, I'm closing this thread; go to the Love and Other Disasters thread under 'Other Projects'.

:)