Sign in to follow this  
Ginger

14 posts in this topic

Irons was much better than I expected. I thought he was going to be another one-note villain, but he turned to be just as complex and conflicted as Balian.

And I loved his cloak. :ph34r:

And I loved his cloak. :ph34r:

I've become quite the Cloak!Slut myself.

*Eyes Kira's sig with lust*

Irons was brilliant ~ though I had a Scar moment when he was saying "Long live the king!" :lol:

Irons was brilliant ~ though I had a Scar moment when he was saying "Long live the king!"  :lol:

And he even had.a scar! :whistle::tomato:

Tiberius is a wonderful character, and I loved how Jeremy brought him to life.

PS: I LOVED the Lion King. :wub:

Guest earthcrosser

Cloaks? Yes, lots. Reminds me of Legolas.

:wub:

Thanks for posting that, Ginger. I liked his scar, actually.thought it gave him a tough guy appeal that he doesn't usually have. Plus, it was nice to see him play a relatively good guy.

Cloaks = Jedi :wink:

I too loved Jeremy in this film, his character was much fuller than what I had expected. Oh yes. he was a good guy, wasn't he. So used to seeing him as the villian.

Ray :leg:

Sorry? Was that something positive about KOH? I thought I was hallucinating.

Agreed, Jeremy did a fine job.

Jxx

Irons was brilliant ~ though I had a Scar moment when he was saying "Long live the king!" :lol:

Everytime I see Jeremy Irons in a film I always equate his voice with Scar. That line from KOH had me thinking even more so in that direction.

There were actually quite a few KOH references in EW in addition to that one. The others - in reference to leading ladies in epics and the box office take - weren't quite as flattering. :(

Guest Faith

Hi! I am a newbie here and this is my first post. :wave:

I haven't had time to read through all the posts regarding KOH and I'm sure this has been talked about already but here goes: I thought every one of the actors did an excellent job in their roles and seemed perfectly cast. Loved Tiberius and The King of Jerusalem especially. Guess I don't really need to say that I loved Orlando's performance. My only disappointment was with Eva Green, but I suppose that could just be some female cattiness on my part. hee hee.

I loved the movie and thought it was very good. And I am going to do something I have never done before in my life and go see a movie for a 2nd time in the theater. But as much as I like the movie I don't think it is a GREAT movie. And I can't quite figure out why it is good and not great since the actors were all so fab. Know what I mean?

Well, hi everyone and thanks for letting me join in the fun!