Jan

62 posts in this topic

This thread is for any questions or responses to the announcement here regarding sending in your ticket stubs from any showing this weekend - anywhere in the world! - of KOH.

The "Fan Mail Team" Forum was not supposed to be set for any responses - and I thought I had broken out the questions and ended up deleting them. :blush:

By the announcement, you know as much as I do; but I do take it to mean that the stubs have to be for a viewing on May 13 to 15 (Friday through Sunday) in order to 'qualify' for receiving the autograph card. No mention is made of a self-addressed envelope or postage.

It must be said: BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR RETURN ADDRESS on the envelope you send and, to be safe, include it inside with the ticket stub.

The U.S. address for The Firm is the only address provided, and your request must be postmarked no later than NEXT Friday, May 20.

Perhaps if LoriV checks in this weekend, she can answer the questions, but I think if there were more 'to it', she would have said so. :wink: Just the same, I would wait until possibly Monday or even Tuesday to send your request off, in case there are any clarifications.

I think it's safe to say the bottom line is:

~ Go see KOH this weekend, take friends or family. Save your ticket stub.

~ Send it to the address specified in the announcement; only one stub per envelope, and only one request per person. Make sure it's postmarked by Friday, May 20, and that your return address is included.

~ The offer is good for anyone in the world who sees the film this weekend.

Easy peasy.

No questions yet. Jan, you and LoriV have it covered, IMO.

I just wanted to say that I'm going tonight and I'm taking my friend. This was planned before I knew about this great surprise.

Thanks to LoriV, the Fan Mail Team, and Orlando! :2thumbs::hug:

Candi

Push it.Push it.push it baby!! :pulp:

Thanks for the clarifications, Jan. Here's a teeny bit of an extra incentive to go see KOH this weekend. I ordered a set of 10 white wristbands from the "ONE" campaign (which Orlando supports), and they were waiting for me when I got back from KOHn. Everyone who attended the KOHn in Chicago received a UK version of the wristband. It has different words than the US version. The US version just says ONE.

I have nine left. I'll mail one to each of the first nine ka-Bloomies (anywhere in the world) who did NOT attend KOHn that sends me a xerox copy of your ticket stub from this weekend. Same rules applies: one stub per envelope. If you're interested, you can either scan the ticket stub (that would be interesting) and e-mail the scan to me, or if you prefer, mail the xerox copy via snail mail. If you're interested, PM me for my e-mail address and snail mail address.

:cheer: GO KOH! :cheer:

So generous of you, Jane! I'll be going to see it probably tomorrow. No need to send me a "One" wristband.

I desperately want KOH do better this weekend, so I'm taking the 5 of us to see it tomorrow.

I might even send the ticket stub to the address mentioned before. My curious mind wants to know whether it will be an unpublished photo. :rolleyes:

Thanks Jan for the clarifications, I don't think I can add anymore. You don't need to send the reply coupons etc, this is a gift to the fans for their support.

I haven't seen the new photo yet, but it is from "Kingdom of Heaven". I'm getting a few this week and will scan when they arrive. Its likely a publicity photo though.

Thank you so much, LoriV, for your support, and also thanks to Orlando and the fan mail team for their generosity. :hug:

Thank you LoriV and fan mail team (and Jan). This is a really lovely surprise.

I went to see it yesterday and just happened to save my stub :whistle: which is now in an envelope waiting to be put in the mail. Can't wait to see the picture.

No SASE required then?

:notworthy:

Aliza

Well, I was planning to go tomorrow anyway and I'll try and persuade my sister to go, too. I'll certainly be saving my stub!

I really am disappointed that more people in the U.S didn't go see 'Kingdom Of Heaven' in the first week but I've noticed that there has been a slump at the U.S box office for a while now. I SO wanted it to do well.

Let's all try and show Orlando our support by seeing this wonderful movie again.

Ali.

This is fantastic. I was going to see KOH tomorrow. This is a nice surprise.

Thanks LoriV and the fan mail team. :)

Kelly

It's time for me to say: Pollyanna Geri has made me look differently at this. We've been talking this out "BTC", and fretting about the box office take.

She's made me realize that this isn't about putting butts in the seats (although that's always appreciated); let's revisit the key statements in the announcement:

A special treat for Orlando's fans, on this, the 2nd weekend of release for "Kingdom of Heaven"...As a special thank you for your ongoing support of Orlando and his latest film, you will be sent a new, colour, autograph card.

I don't want to steal Geri's thunder over this, but look at what has happened to him in the past week: HUGE crowds in London and New York. He talked about his fans in several of the interviews. He was obviously aware of our little soiree, and Lori even mentioned it to him in New York. I'm NOT saying it'sl about us, it was the idea that a group of fans wanted to get together to celebrate his first starring role.

After this 'revelation' from Geri (don't worry, I won't turn into a Pollyanna too! :lol: ), I'm going to make it a point to see the film tomorrow. I don't really care that much about the card (but I'll take it! :wink: ) - but it's important to me to show my support by sending in that ticket stub.

OK, I'm all wibbly now. :quiver:

Steal away, babe. :lol:

Like I said behind the curtain, I really think this is about Orlando wanting to say thanks....and that's why I'm sending in the stubs, not for the picture. I want to be part of that message back to him that yes, we saw it and we loved it and saw it more than once. More than twice. I want him to know that we know he was saying thanks by offering this special opportunity. I'm like Jan...the card was a nice gesture, but I'm sending my stub in to be counted. And it's going in a canary yellow envelope. :2thumbs:

I got my stub right here from the 7:30 showing this evening. :wink:

As both Jan and Geri have stated, it's not about getting something from Orlando. It's about us giving something back to him. After all, look how much joy the man has brought into our lives. Not just by him being on this earth, :wub:, but by the way all our lives have been touched through friendships that would never have happened without Orlando being the catalyst that brought us all together.

Well, I took Spidurmom and Spidurdad to see it this afternoon. Or yesterday, rather. :lol: Mom saw it earlier this week, but Dad was in California all week working his butt off, and I don't think he was even aware of it, really. I can't even say how much more I love it with each viewing. It really is one of those movies that gets better with time. Mom and I were talking about it afterwards, and she said that she thought it was so much better than Gladiator because it had a worthwhile story and they didn't focus on the gory violence. Besides, my family has such a history with philosophy that it just fit right in with us. I am just so pissed that it "had" to come out just before Star Wars. It deserves SO much more than that.

Dad has the stubs, and I'm not even sure if he didn't throw them away. We've been so lucky to get what we have from Orlando for the KOHn, but I.well, hell. I want that card. :lol: And I want Orlando to know just how much I admire the whole film. If Dad threw them away then I'm going again tomorrow. Erm, today. :punk:

I can't even say how much more I love it with each viewing. It really is one of those movies that gets better with time.

Well, seeing as how our 2nd viewing was an even-more 'abridged' version than it already is... :whistle:

I'll be so glad to see it again, when there's no pressure of the KOHn weekend, and when I'm not so bloody tired! :lol:

Personally, I want Orlando and his team to know just how dedicated his legions of fans are. So I'll be dragging my sister and another girlfriend to it tomorrow today! (The card incentive doesn't hurt at all!!)

ZB :innocent:

ETA Which will make a 4th viewing for me. (Or rather 3 1/2 as I too missed a few bits and pieces at viewing number 2. :paperbag: )

ETA  Which will make a 4th viewing for me.  (Or rather 3 1/2 as I too missed a few bits and pieces at viewing number 2.  :paperbag: )

And just what the :censor: are you talking about?????

:innocent:

ETA: Hey, you think we can fit in a viewing when I'm in KC? :paperbag: :jumpy:

ETA: Hey, you think we can fit in a viewing when I'm in KC? :paperbag: :jumpy:

:hmmm: Think the movietheaterpolice would stop us from carrying in Jack Stack Barbecue??? :lol:

But hey, I'm up for it if you and Kira are!!! Any excuse to view DirtyManKnight Balian!!! :drool:

ZB :innocent:

I went to see it earlier this evening by myself. I wanted to boost the numbers a bit so I bought two extra tickets. I hope to see it a third time tomorrow with my sister, but she may not be able to make it, but I still wanted the ticket sales to show just in case. I hope we do get to go, so there will be two more tickets sales to add. Hubby wants to see it too, but we may not get to see it before next weekend.

When I asked CaliDad if he would stay with the ka-Bloomettes so I could see it again (no one else was available to watch them so he and I could see it together), he said "Go! You gotta do your part." I :wub: him!

May this be a lesson to all, NEVER entrust an important Orlando task with your parental units.

I give the mother the envelope and tell her to take the stub for this weekend off the corkboard ( because shes going shopping and can post it then) and put it in and send it off, it's not difficult.

Yet she managed to take the stub from May 6th's showing. :( .

Alas this is a harsh lesson in " If you want things doing right, do them yourself." No autograph card for me! Serves me right for slacking, I guess. :lol:

And Hey I'll go as many times as I can, I mean, supporting him in my mind can never be wrong and we don't REALLY want the reviewers to think that they are RIGHT do we? God can you imagine how smug they'd be?

Nope Orlando deserves whatever money I can rake from my pockets. As does the film, it's incredible.

Personal opinion of course.

x Claire

Guest Cl@re

I still have my ticket stub in my pocket from last nights viewing so I shall be sending mine in.

It's certainly a very different thing to do, I've not seen anything quite like this before.

I agree some people may think this is a "bums on seats" operation, and I'm not saying you are wrong, but with respect, I personally don't want to be cynical about this. I'd like to take this for it being a pure "thank you".

Claire, I absolutely LOVE your siggie (not to mention that I'm insanely jealous, but only in good way)! :wub:

A couple of you have expressed an interesting view about feeling as though the fan mail team is bribing or using fans to go see the movie this weekend. I've been thinking about it, trying to see it from the perspective of that being their motivation. I've got to say that in my mind, at least, it doesn't appear to be that way.

My feelings are thus: From what I've been led to understand, Orlando pays for all the things his fan mail team sends to his fans out of his pocket. So anything anyone gets is truly a gift from him. I also believe his fan mail team doesn't get money, they do what they do out of their love and support for him (maybe I'm wrong, I do tend to see things through rose-colored glasses). As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, Orlando has talked a lot, during the press junket interviews for KOH, about how the support of his fan base has been important, in his view, in Fox agreeing to do this picture with him in the leading role. His level of excitement when talking about this project has been palpable and I think he wants to share that excitement with everyone. I think he sincerely views this as a way of thanking his fans, and showing his appreciation of their support for his first leading role.

I was planning on seeing KOH again this weekend, anyway. My decision was made prior to the announcement from the fan mail team. And I would like to think that most poeple who view the movie this weekend will do so simply because they want to see the movie. Spending upwards of $15 or more (between ticket and concession purchases) just to get an autographed card doesn't really make a lot of sense, economically.

I bet if there was any way he could do it, Orlando would personally shake the hand of every person coming out of every theater, thank them for seeing it, and ask them with that little look of excitement and anxiety and humility he gets, if they liked it, if they thought it was any good (bless him!). I like to think of these cards as the next best thing, the only way he can possibly send a personal "thank you" to everyone around the world.

Just my 1 and 1/2 cents worth. :hug:

I bet if there was any way he could do it, Orlando would personally shake the hand of every person coming out of every theater, thank them for seeing it, and ask them with that little look of excitement and anxiety and humility he gets, if they liked it, if they thought it was any good (bless him!).  I like to think of these cards as the next best thing, the only way he can possibly send a personal "thank you" to everyone around the world.

I'm with you Rebecca. My husband and I are seeing it again this afternoon, and we were planning this before I saw the announcement about the cards. (I mailed a request for one to the fan mail team last week. It's not like I need to see the movie again just to get an "official" card.)

My understanding is that Orlando and especially his mom (no doubt with input from his agent and manager) are the ones who decide what the fanmail team does, and I know in my heart Orlando would never stoop to bribery to put butts in the seats. He values the truth too much. This is a way to let ALL of his fans know he appreciates them, even if they couldn't get to one of the Premieres.

Krissy

OK, Jane was more judicious about it than I am; I'm pretty upset over these outright accusations of 'bribery', and have deleted the few posts with opinions expressed as such; they are uncalled for. I'm not sweeping it under the rug or I wouldn't even mention that I've done it.

It is a THANK YOU GESTURE from the Fan Mail Team, period. The 'backlash' over this has proved to be very hurtful and upsetting to those involved. Yes, it seemed a bit odd to me at first, but, as I said earlier, then I re-read the message. It's a gesture that came from the heart.

Those who think otherwise really don't give Orlando, or his representatives, enough credit.

I think Orlando and Sonia are sweethearts for wanting to acknowledge the fans like this. I did see KOH again last night (for the third time) with my Mom and Stepdad, and I may be persuaded to give up my ticket stub for a postcard. We'll see. I usually put all of my ticket stubs in my scrapbook for each respective year and get a kick out of looking back later and seeing what really caught my fancy for multiple viewings.