DarkElven

167 posts in this topic

I've seen it once, and I shan't be seeing it again. :paperbag:

I have to save my money and movie theatre gift certificates for something more important ( :tomato: ) a week from now.

Now I'm sure you're all crying " :O BLASPHEMER!" at me. :lol:

I saw it the first time on opeining night. The second viewing is planned for Saturday afternoon.

Karen :crusader:

Guest drakius

I saw it once on opening night with a friend and her husband, he wanting to see it more than her. My friend quite disliked the movie, but had nothing bad to say about the acting. It was the story that she didn't like, but anything that is remotely religious based is not her cup of tea.

I will be seeing it again on Saturday with a couple of friends who are both looking forward to this movie. They also appreciate Orlando for his looks and acting, though not nearly as much as I do. :wink:

I've seen it once, and I shan't be seeing it again.  :paperbag:   

I have to save my money and movie theatre gift certificates for something more important ( :tomato: ) a week from now.

Now I'm sure you're all crying " :O BLASPHEMER!"  at me.  :lol:

:lol: Bailey, a girl after my own heart. Although I did go and see it again today, it being Orange Wednesday and all. So that would make it twice for me. There may be another showing for me, still haven't decided.

I must must see that 'other film' more than I saw it's first predecessor. It was quite a few times. :blush:

Ray :leg:

Once, so far, but am definitely seeing it again this Friday, and several more times before it leaves the theatre. I am waiting to see how it does this weekend.

I am so ticked off! :rant: I wasn't able to watch the movie on Sat. because so stupid lady said me and my twin couldn't go in without i.d.s. because she thinks we weren't 17 which we are almost 18. Now, my mom won't let me go this weekend. I am so angry that waiting for this for a year and I can't go watch it.

Now I'm sure you're all crying " :O BLASPHEMER!"  at me.  :lol:

No "blasphemer" comments from me! I've seen KOH twice, but I don't think I'll be seeing it again in the theater. My last two gift certificates I got for Christmas are beeing saved for some small film opening on May 19th. :lol:

I've seen it twice, once at KOHn, than that Sunday with JMBK and I'm going to see it again this weekend for my anniversary with my hubbby. Guess that makes 3

Well, I've seen it 3 times so far and I'll be going again this weekend. I have several movie passes (birthday present from dearest hubby!) that I'll use in the coming weeks.

The more I see the movie, the better I like it. I explain this to my teaching staff as my version of synthesis! Each time I see it I'm able to process and mull over character and plot and gain deeper appreciation and understanding of both. I will often go to see a favorite movie over and over before it leaves the theaters ( I saw FOTR and ROTK 5 times; TTT 6 times; POTC 7; Troy 8)...guess it's my geeky synthesis thing. I'm this way with certain books too (the LOTR books, for example). It's something I can't really seem to satisfactorily explain so that my family and friends don't think I'm nuts.but that's just the way it is.

Family and friends might not understand this, but they feed this obsession by continuing to buy me movie passes for gifts!

So, 3 viewings so far.will these viewings beat Troy.we shall see! :wink:

I've seen it twice now, once with the East Midland ka-Bloomies and once with 4 mates from university. I'll be going again either today or tomorrow with a close friend. So that makes it 3 viewings for me, equal to the times I saw POTC and ROTK in the cinema (I'm a student so I can't go live at the cinema, which is really what I want to do :paperbag:).

I love KOH and the more I see it, the more I pick up from it in terms of actions, lines, expressions and events. The latest thought that came to me was that it shows an interesting balancing act between individualism and determinism, how far an individual has control and how far structuralist theory may be applied to what happens to an individual. This is not only for Balian but other characters as well, like Sybilla and Saladdin and Tiberias.

This is one of the reasons I love this film. It makes me think and about/on different levels. It's a trademark, I feel, of Sir Ridley's films and the cast he hires that bring this across.

I've seen it twice last Saturday (together with two other Dutch Ka-Bloomies) and will definitely go again as soon as I get the chance. And I already can't wait for the dvd either, so they'll get my money for that as well. :)

Love,

Vendelle

I waited until Orlando's name scrolled past on the full cast credits before I left

Me, too. And I took the day off on the 6th,too. :rolleyes: Twice on first day. Planing to see it again soon. I am going to pay attention on different things.

But, can't wait for the uncut !

I too, watched all the way through as the credits rolled, but I had to wait until my second time seeing the film to do this, because my husband was anxious to leave at the conclusion, the first time. I really enjoyed seeing KOH by myself, the second time around. There was so much more that I was able to come to understand, that I might have missed when first viewed. I must say, I absolutely LOVED this film! Due to the way in which Orlando portrayed his character, I am convinced that he is now the master of understatement. He told this story so much so with his eyes! The DVD is now at the top of my Christmas list!

Cheers! :cheer:

Carol

I haven't seen it yet. :paperbag:

Everyone is just so busy this time of year that it's impossible to find someone to take me. And then there is Bay to Breakers this weekend, so I won't even be around.

Hopefully within the next couple of weeks J and I and a friend will go. :\

Tonight will be my first time alone at last. I usually prefer to go to the movies alone. And I've been wishing since the beginning that my friends would understand and let me enjoy it on my own private little own.

But tonight will also be my fourth time. My youngest son (20 years old) is taking me tomorrow night for my fifth.

I love it. Wrote pages and pages about this movie. It was radiant from the first word, the first snowflake, the first view.

Johanne

Just came back from my third cinema viewing and still feel shaken and involved in the lives of these characters. I took my DH with me this time and he liked it well enough, but I'm still obsessed. I expect I won't get another chance to see it in the theaters but I am definitely going to be one of the first to own the DVD when it comes out.

Aliza :crusader:

I am seeing it my second time this weekend. I don't really know anyone to go with but my boyfriend (I am kind of isolated living and working in the countryside). He wants to see it again, but maybe not this soon, so I may have to do a lot of convincing or will go alone.

Saw it for the third time tonight. (Took your advice MovieImp and waited until the weekend to go again.) Brought my mom who loved it and said she wants to see it again. :2thumbs: Plan to see it at least once more this weekend with mom, sister, and sons. I love beautiful, epic films on a huge screen and honestly, I've enjoyed it more and more just taking in all the details.

I've only seen it once with my fellow ka-Bloomies at KOHn. I wanted to see it this week alone, but I've had a cold and haven't felt up to it. I'm planning on seeing it tomorrow (Saturday) with or without my friend. I'll try to see it as many times as I feel like it. Could be as many as 6 or 7.

Candi

I just came back from seeing it for the second time. It was different from my first viewing, since I saw it by myself. It was even better this time around. I am putting aside my views about the villains in it, since religion is off topic in this forum, but this film is without doubt far superior to Troy in every aspects. I just find it hard to understand why it is doing poorly at the box office. :( I am hoping against all hopes that it will have staying power. Well done, Sir Ridley and Orlando! :2thumbs:

I saw it once on opening day! I made sure of it!

I should be seeing it again on Saturday or Sunday.

And after that as many possible times as my husband can take!

I'm going to show my support. :wub:

I'm planning to see it for the second time today (Saturday). Remember, folks - this is the LAST weekend before "Revenge of the Sith" steamrollers in!

I was just thinking the same thing, Eve.

EVERYONE GO SEE IT AGAIN THIS WEEKEND. TWICE IF YOU CAN!

I was almost set to go see it last night by myself, but was too tired and was afraid I'd nod off. I'm going to try to get to the theater either today or tomorrow, though.

:knight:

I was almost set to go see it last night by myself, but was too tired and was afraid I'd nod off.  I'm going to try to get to the theater either today or tomorrow, though.

:knight:

Whoa Faye, I was going to go see it last night by myself also (hubby out of town), but was too damn tired. But I'm up for it tonight for sure!

Wish you were here, we could see it together. :hug: