DarkElven

167 posts in this topic

Hi Medieval Lady!

I would definitely go see it with you if I could, that's for sure!

Have a nice day,

Marina

Well, according to my paper, KOH has left my theaters. :oh: I did see it 7 (or was it 8?) times.loved it more each time.and was hoping to see it again.

Hopefully, it will come to the dollar theater here in town in a month or so. :rolleyes:

Well, I just checked and unfortunately KOH has left the theaters in this area too. It was showing until yesterday. I will have to check if we have a dollar theatre around, but the only one that I remembervwe used to have, closed a couple of years ago. I'm glad I got to see it one last time this past weekend!

I have one more friend who wants to see it, and she lives in a different area, so I checked where it was playing between us. To my surprise and horror, it has come and gone already from the cheap theater. They only had it a week, and that was last week, the manager said it didn't do to bad, but not as well as hoped. (of course!) We are still planning on going soon, in her neighborhood.

Medieval Lady, I thought it was just a dark picture, but one of the other members knew that the quality of light from the projecter makes a big difference, and we found a place that did it so that it is really easy to see the detail in things. It wasn't murky at all, I have seen it there 3 times. See? it's something new every day! :towel:

I would certainly like to see KOH in the company of one of you. Much more pleasant if you can see a film with someone who is equally smitten with the lead. :wub: So the darkness of the film could have something to do with the projector in the cinema as well. Mmm, thought as much. But since this is one of our super modern cinemas I wasn't certain. I kind of hoped they would have seen the problem by the second time I came, but no such luck. :angry: I hope they will play the film for at least two more weeks here in Belgium, but it might easily be the last one here too. :(

Hehehe, I talked 6 more people into going during the holiday weekend, and I may go one more time. (Ok, at least one more time.)

The friend who wants to see it has a 10 year old boy who is a complete nut for history, especially any kind of conflict. He can talk about any type of plane that has been used in battle, and most other hardware, and is insisting on going with us. I gave him the show from the History channel, so at least he will be prepared.

With the things on video games, is KOH any more violent than those? I don't have kids, and I only saw young kids in the first showing of it. (One kid was only as tall as the trash can! Yikes!) Do any of you have an opinion on this? I am open to suggestion.

One of the couples is older, and the husband had a farrier school for years, now sells supplies to us, and he thought it sounded interesting. Then his wife came in and I showed her the Making of book, and she said, "Liam Neeson?! That's it, we'er GOING!" Cracked me up, I tell you.

Lucky you that you will be able to see it again, great, enjoy!

You know, I think that yes, the movie is definitely violent, but it can also help to educate children in a way, and get them interested in history. Besides, I think it highlights important human values. I have not seen many children all the times I've been to see the movie, but I particularly remember one time there was a whole family sitting in front of me, and the parents seemed to be explaining things to the children (who were not too little) and commenting the movie, especially during the end credits and even afterwards.

I think a ten year old with as much of an interest in history as you describe is certainly mature enough to see Kingdom of Heaven, especially if he's had advance preparation and his parents (and helpful friends :wink:) are willing to answer any questions that arise. [some ten year olds are much more mature and aware than other people twice their age. It's very subjective and Mom and Dad get the deciding vote.]

I envy you having the chance to see it again.

Krissy

I agree with Krissy. I think he'll be fine. He probably won't mind the "mushy stuff" either, since that scene hardly lasts a minute! It might be good for him to see a balanced story line, one that does not portray either side as clearly good or bad.

You might warn your friend who is a Liam fan that while his role is very signficant, he does not have a lot of screentime in the movie.

Have a great time! I wish I could see it a fourth time, myself.

Hi Ponycobbler, :wave:

I would agree with everyone else, I think your friend's son will be fine seeing KOH. I felt it was definitely what I would call a "soft" R as there is no swearing, VERY little sensuality, and the violence is quickly passed over. I also think the message of the film is an important one.

I have watched some PG-13 movies that in my opinion were much more deserving of an R rating due to the amount of sexual innuendo with little or no plot.

Kathie

Well, I hit the 8th. time on Saturday. KOH finally came to a discount theater in Farifax, Virginia, and a friend of mine, who wanted to celebrate my birthday belatedly, suggested we could go out for dinner and to the movies, and that I should pick the movie. So guess what? I knew she had not seen KOH, and she would not mind the driving (the theater was a bit far from her house and from mine, and I don't have a car), so I suggested KOH, we went, and she LOVED the movie. I was very happy to see that there were lots of people for the 7:00 pm show (the one we went to), and people were standing in line outside waiting for the 9:40 pm show.

Marina

Update: I am now well past my original goal of 5 times. I managed an 8th viewing this week. My personal record has been doubled. Yes, each time I did notice at least one new small detail.

Seems I couldn't get enough of this movie. Hmmm, Orlando's first major starring role. I wonder if that had something to do with it? :wink:

Now I'm wondering if I 'll go this bonkers over Elizabethtown.

Time will tell.

Christa

Saw it again tonight. 8th time :blush: ! If I'm going to be the same with E-town - which I do expect - I'll have to find a job :lol:.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed my mental farewell to big screen Balian. Now it's waiting for the DVD.

I, too, have said my mental farewell to big screen Balian :cry: after seeing KOH ten times this summer. It's still at my dollar theater, but the show times have been cut back to only one showing at 9:45 PM. That's too late for me, especially since the theater is way across town !.

But we all have so much Balian deliciousness to look forward to with the DVD in October, and especially with the EE DVD, if and when it comes out !

Something about Balian got to me. I liked Legolas, and dashing Will Turner, and the delightful Jimmy from Calcium Kid. Paris rocked my socks ! But Balian made this old heart of mine melt into a puddle of ooze :wub: . I don't think I will ever be the same.

Regardless.now's the time to bring on Drew !! :w00t:

The last time that I saw the KOH was June 25th, I was away for a bit after that and when I came back the only place it seemed to be on in England was Leicester Square. Any way I was just having a clear out this weekend and found a huge bunch of ticket stubs in one of my handbags. Apparently I went to see it 12 times though it felt like a lot less.

I really miss Balian.

:knight:

Does anyone know if there was a novel of the film?

Anyway this film has changed entirely my cinema eating habits, becuase I went to see it straight from work a few times, I've developed little cinema picnic packages. Much healthier than popcorn. Few dates, some olives, a tangerine, maybe a few chicken slices and a nice glass of red wine/and or water.

tatoola

Guest TinkRBell427

Wow, 12 times! You've seen it 10 more times than me. I wanted to see it again, but my friends were all downers. They thought the movie was good, but not that good. Arghh! :rant:

The last time that I saw the KOH was June 25th, I was away for a bit after that and when I came back the only place it seemed to be on in England was Leicester Square. Any way I was just having a clear out this weekend and found a huge bunch of ticket stubs in one of my handbags. Apparently I went to see it 12 times though it felt like a lot less.

I really miss Balian.

Wow, tatoola, 12 times, I thought I’d done well to see it 10 times. At least we added to its box office takings. Here’s looking forward to 3rd October when the dvd is out in the UK for us. :cheer: