little_green

60 posts in this topic

Duuudes, many thanks for your many thanks, but although today has been a bit manic, direct your praise at the PEFIC - they do this sort of thing all the time (keeping us updated, getting us stuff, etc.), and without them, the whole shebang with the hat recognition wouldn't have been possible in the first place. And we wouldn't have a place to squee about it.

I've had a fantastic day, possibly the best day of my ka-Bloomin' career, from the first few posts when I was in here all alone, to the frantic screaming when there were over a hundred of us crammed in and Orlando was waving at the ka-Bloomies. It's been ace, and made up for the disappointment of not going. I even got loads of my essay done in among the squeeing (even if I did come across a sentence where I'd subsituted the word 'morality' with the word 'marmite' - other things on my mind I guess)!

Anyway, thanks everyone for sticking with me, and making this thread really fun. Maybe I should try to be useful more often :blink: .

This is your UK ka-Bloomie KOHrespondant signing off (unless Judi phones again :lol: ),

Much love,

Kathryn

I just got home - I'm shattered and still somewhat punch drunk - and haven't read all the thread yet - but:

Yes, Orlando is even more beautiful in person than on camera - Emmy, Joseb and I almost had collective heart attacks when he arrived.

Yes, he is still kind and natural and completely unspoilt by the adulation.

Yes, he loved the dog tag, eagerly asking, "Is this for Sidi?", and

Yes, he knew what DYC meant and why!

And despite being crushed, having aching feet and sunburn down my arms, was it worth it:

YES! (I have my autograph!)

Just had a long chat with Wendy, who's on her way back to Cornwall. She's absolutely delighted with how the day went, and told me lots of lovely stories which I'm sure she'll recount to you when she gets back. One more think about the tag - when she gave it to him, and he asked if it was for Sidi, he did read it, and he loved it! Squeee! She also described the delightful moment when Orlando saw the hats, but I'll leave her to tell you about that.

LG

ETA: :wave: Claire! A returning hero!

This has been wonderful to read! Being in chat with all of you and watching the webcast was so much fun.

I'm thrilled that the Ka-Bloomies got to meet him! I actually e-mailed your earlier photo to the fanmail team (the one along the baracade with the sign) at 10am EDT in hopes that it might get through and remind them to be on the lookout. I doubt any reminders were needed though. B) :wink:

I actually e-mailed your earlier photo to the fanmail team (the one along the baracade with the sign) at 10am EDT in hopes that it might get through and remind them to be on the lookout. I doubt any reminders were needed though. B) :wink:

Thank you so much, Lori. That was really kind of you.

LG

We're back. We've had an exhilarating and amazing day. As I type Judi is editing and is posting the fabulous video she made.

We were in a superb spot, saw him arrive, could see the TRL interview and could watch his press interviews.

Our moments were over in a flash but well worth 10 hours on our feet. The man is gorgeous. He looks superb - toffee soft skin.

It was a scramble to get good pictures but I do know one or two have wonderful ones. I'm at Judi's so I'll not get mine up before tomorrow.

And all the kaBloomies were fantastic.

Enjoy the video.

Jxx

I got home from Leicester Square about 45 mins ago and I am shattered! But what a memorable day it was.

I have a number of piccies but, for now, will treat you to this, which has to be the best.

I must say I still have not recovered from Orlando standing in front of me, looking up and asking me whatever it was (need to consult Judi's video to remember... it's a blur). I have never seen a pair of eyes and a face that beautiful in my life! I don't think I will ever forget that.

Thanks to my fellow UK ka-bloomies... you are all wonderful and I hope to see more of you.

Also, thanks to Kat... your updates on the board were great. Hope you can join us next time!

I have so much to say, but fortunately Kat essentially kept a diary for us, so a long report won't be necessary.

A couple of thoughts spring to mind.

One small regret was that the meeting was so brief and we were in such a crush, that we weren't able to rotate the front row as planned. However, we did so after the CEOK so that some of the others got the Billy CEOK and were able to watch Orlando's back (bottom covered by jacket at that stage) as he talked to the press.

Can't remember the other thought.

:sleep: Just crawled in and I'm too tired to go through 31 pages although I can see some Ka-Bloomies have already reported back.

I'm not sure if I'll remember all this in the morning so please humour me/ignore this post. Here is a very quick runthrough of what I can remember. Apologies if you've heard all this before.

Our first glimpse was when he arrived in the car and pointed, in a very obvious, deliberate way in our direction. We were stood opposite MTV so could see his interview through the glass and a few times he turned around and waved. On one occasion he made a gesture almost like running his hand along the brim of a cap - definitely to do with the caps anyway.

Following the interview he disappeared for 15 mins but it felt like hours. By now I was in agony (what had started as numbness was now a painful ache in both legs and my back) and it was becoming a real endurance test. Aniethan and I were on the edge of our group with some very pushy American girls right beside us.

He then reappeared all in black (quick change) and when he approached our group he thanked us all for coming, to which we replied "you're welcome, etc." Kyle must have got his photo at this point but the next thing I remember was him being presented with the dog tag. He said "oh. is this for Sidi?" and I can just remember Judi shouting "Say hello to Ka-Bloom!" (or something to that effect). Sadly, he didn't.

He signed an autograph for me. Emmy then dropped her book which he graciously picked up saying "is this someone's book?". Then as he passed me, I said to him "Congratulations Orlando. We are all so proud of you" to which he embarrassedly replied "thank you".

And that was the end of my CEOK. However I had more of an encounter with Billy Boyd who after signing an autograph, asked me about our yellow caps and I told him the basics and that Orlando was in on the joke. But it almost qualified as a conversation!! I may be overstating that slightly.

I'm now off to have a nice cup of tea. Really looking forward to seeing other people's versions as I'm sure there is so much I don't remember. Thank you to all those posting photos that are much better/closer than my attempts!

Jo

Kyle and Ellen both made it onto the national news here, just caught a clip with them clearly visible on GMTV.  And apparently we can be seen on Sky News Active, but I haven't checked that out yet.

AGGHH!

Aniethen, can you grab it if you see it again? :throb:

I'll touch base when I get back from work.

A couple more thoughts as they return to my dazed mind.

My favourite quote of the day (kathryn, correct me if I don't have the exact words quite right):

Billy asked "What are the hats for?" and kathryn said "Ask Orlando, he knows!" So cool!

[ETA: Huge apologies, it was Laurie who said that- just after my CEOK, so it's a surprise I was even concious!]

Sorry for the quality of the photos that came through to Kat live - they were taken on my phone.

It wasn't until this morning that I realised that we never paid Laurie for the tag - or even offered! Sorry darling. I think it's Laurie's call whether the tag picture goes out into the world. I hope it does.

And finally, after a year and a half of trying to hide my true identity from the world at large, I guess I'm finally well and truly outted!

Judi x x

Edited by Jupiter

My favourite quote of the day (kathryn, correct me if I don't have the exact words quite right):

Billy asked "What are the hats for?" and kathryn said "Ask Orlando, he knows!" So cool!

It wasn't until this morning that I realised that we never paid Laurie for the tag - or even offered!  Sorry darling.  I think it's Laurie's call whether the tag picture goes out into the world.  I hope it does.

That was me telling Billy to ask Orlando! :smoke:

He asked "What are the yellow hats all about?" I said, "You'll have to ask Orlando, he knows!" Billy replied "Ahhhh! Right!"

Yes, the tag picture can go out to everyone. Orlando knows it's from his yellow hatted followers!

I'll post my review of the day later, but hand to brain function is extremely poor today. I've had 5 hours sleep in the last 48 hours! :yawn:

I've just read through all of these 35 pages - What a day! :w00t:

I'll be back later after caffine dose number 698934!

All I can say is that it was fantastic and I had so much FUN!.

I got home just after 1am this morning and I've had 5 hours sleep. I'll report back later when I've had some more sleep.

emmy

x

Does that mean Billy asked all of us about the caps? I don't think Laurie was anywhere near me. He definitely asked me at one stage and I said words to the effect of "Orlando had this cap which we didn't really like so we nicknamed it the Damn Yellow Cap. But don't worry, Orlando's in on the joke". He replied "oh right". I think he must have replied that to everyone too.

Congratulations on your title, Kyle! You can use anything with me on it. I'll try and get my photos up later but they're not very good.

Warning:- Long Post

I’m back home from my kind hostess Jupiter’s, and have barely any recollection of the three hour drive home. I must have put my driving instincts on autopilot, because I was mentally reviewing yesterday’s events all the way home. Three hours of Orlando-centric thinking – a mere drop in the ocean.

Memories that I will keep.

Driving down to Judi's at the crack of dawn on practically empty motorways . I waved at L_G as I passed Nottingham both ways.

Judi making me put on the DYC in the tube, so we could make an entrance at Leicester Square. Giggling with the idiocy of it. Spotting, and being spotted by, the kb contingent from a looooong way off. Being shown the beautiful gift tag.

Splitting up and staking out the best spots to maximise our chances of getting front row spots. Collaring a very nice lady who told us where the best place was – and boy did she get it right!

Thinking “Oh dear, it’s raining!” Umbrellas up! Later we had to use them as sunshades.

Being something of a tourist attraction, and we must have looked vaguely sensible - people kept stopping to take our pictures, and coming over to ask us (me mostly – I began to wonder if I had “housematron” printed on my hat!) what was happening – we were unfailingly polite to them, instead of telling them not to be dipsticks and look at the building we were standing in front of.

The other fan who showed up at midday, attached herself to our group, showed us her yellow Tshirt which asked Orlando to make her his lawfully wedded wife, and then sat down in front of us and in front of the temporary barrier. I had a little word with her about it. She is the determined stranger standing behind Judi and me in the photos, forcing us to be practically joined from hip to shoulder for 6 hours to defend the barricades! Still as Judi told me when I was feeling antsy ( to put it mildly) we could have had it a whole lot worse, and she was quite a nice person, really.

Thinking Ellen is just as lovely and comes over exactly as she is in her posts, and quietly mentioning to Judi that Stephen is gorgeous.

Watching passers-by look in puzzlement at Kay who was carefully marking out the banner in yellow marker on yellow card.

Enjoying my daughter Jo hitting it off with Kyle and Valerie big-time. I thought she might feel left out – but no. Kyle is an utter sweetheart, whose CEOK was absolutely fantastic. Valerie is very bubbly and has the brightest smile.

The bollard conversation and its spin-offs.

Meeting Ellen, who has become my lifelong bestest friend :cheer: . She brought me a personalised autographed picture from Lurtz! She met him last weekend at an Elf-Fair, and told him about my *cough* little crush, told him I thought he was sexy, and even showed him a copy of my Lurtz Valentine wallpaper. :paperbag: Apparently he is delighted to have his own fan. I’m delighted to be it, baby!

Our “Oh, puh-lease!” feelings towards the fans who were pandering to cameramen asking them to scream.

My flipping cack-handedness and forgetfulness, which Judi next to me, and lovely Kathryn behind me bore with amazing fortitude, as I kept dropping stuff and forgetting if I had put it somewhere safe and had to keep bending to pick it up, which was a real pain for everyone round me.

Orlando’s early arrival catching us off guard. We heard the screams and his car pulled into our view about 50 yards away. The window was open, and even at that distance he was gorgeous. The “OHMYGODITSREALLYHIM” adrenalin rush. The 3 second moment when he craned his head towards us, saw the hats, stabbed a finger in our direction and waved. It took a few moments (and Judi spelling it out for me) to process that it was actually us he had seen, and was waving to. I do believe I may have let out a couple of squeaks at that point.

Oh who am I kidding? We all erupted in full blown squees.

Waving madly and splitting my face beaming, and yes, squeeing when he came to the window at TRL and pointed at us AGAIN, and waved. Thinking how, even when he was concentrating on the recording, and was slightly obscured by the tinted glass and tree reflections, you could still read his body language, and tell how much he was enjoying himself. And believe me, reading that body is still giving me goosebumps. I wish he had stayed in the white shirt/no jacked combo when he came out. I’ve been trying to think of the right word – he looked and moved so lithe, so flexible. My imagination may be working overtime, but it was incredibly easy to picture the undulation of those muscles through that shirt.

Our view Of Orlando pulling on the bloomers.

The sudden increase of crushing when he did come out. Trying to free hands and arms and manage cameras, pens and books. Good thing we were firmly pinned against the barrier, because my legs turned to jelly. Yelling at my daughter when she stuck her head in my way! :blush: Sorry, Jo.

Going into brain freeze when he got to us. Trying to compute that, yes, it was actually happening and he was standing there in front of me, and I really must try to focus

I didn’t have a personal CEOK moment, but it was more than compensated for by the fact that Laurie reached right past my head to give him the Tag, and he then moved on and spoke to Judi on the video, so he was standing right in front of me asking if the tag was for Sidi, and saying that he loved the hats, and “Hey how’re you doin’” and “Hello ka-Bloom.”

I got a picture. It’s nothing like as good as Cazrider’s, and came out blurred. Hardly surprising given the squeeze and the fact that my hands were shaking. I’m surprised I had the presence of mind to click the shutter. I’ve done what I can to sharpen it up, but it does show just how close he was – and the camera was in my face, not pushed into his in any way.

Oh Holee :censor:!

I feel guilty that it was all over so quickly that there was no time to manoeuvre us around so we all got to the front, even if it hadn’t been so crushed. It was naïve of me to suppose that Orlando would be given extra time with his fans as he wanted. I know that most of those opposite us went away disappointed. I’m glad that we did get swapped around so that some of us had a CEBK, because that was also thrilling and rather more leisurely.

Hands weren't shaking when I took this!

Yes , I’ve seen with my own eyes now, what you all say is true, that Orlando is even more beautiful in the flesh. His skin texture and colour is unbelievable and he was flashing his beautiful smile everywhere. I have this one image in my mind which is firmly and vividly lodged, and that is looking at his lower neck, particularly at V shape made by his black shirt which was slightly open and just allowing a peek at the dangly bits strings. I can’t write down how that memory is making me feel right now.

Somehow making it back to Judi’s and watching while she put the video together, trying to read all 30-odd pages of posts that the totally wonderful L_G’s reports had sparked off. Doing OK looking at the pictures that were coming in, until I saw the one with Billy and Orlando hugging when I suddenly felt all tearful. I realised that I didn’t see Orlando’s family arriving, and realised why when I saw his mum in one of my photos – they must have arrived while he was with us.

Finally getting to bed a little after midnight and still not being able to sleep.

What a day.

One last pic.

You can see the video being made in this one.

Obviously I have photos of our group, but I won’t post those on the open board, unless I get the OK.

Now, I have a webcast to go watch.

Jxx <------ still very much tired and emotional.

Here we go - my report! I'll have to do it in two posts because of all the pictures.

The day started off cloudy. I was the first one in Leicester Square and felt a bit self conscious until Kyle arrived. Slowly in ones, two's and three's everyone else began to arrive. At one point, it started to rain heavily, but we stood under umbrellas, in no fixed place, waiting for the barriers to go up. Once the rain stopped, we asked Lucy (?) to take a group picture, with those of us who were there.

Picture moved to members only

Around lunch time, the sky cleared and the sun came out. It was starting to get very hot. We decided to start the banner. Kayelf drew out the letter and we took turns in shading in the letters.

Picture moved to members only

As the afternoon went on, more and more peole started to arrive and it was getting hotter and hotter. We decided a good tactic would be to put all our bags behind the people standing at the barrier and a group of us sit infront of the bags, taking up as much floor space as possible! It worked, for a while at least. I won't go into details of what we were doing with a cup of free ice-cubes from McDonalds, lets just say, that in the interest of staying cool, they saw regions ice-cubes are not meant to see!

There was plenty to watch because the crew were busy transforming The Empire from last weeks 'Hitchhikers.' Premiere to today's KOH.

Then, around 5.30pm the red carpet was laid!

Just before 6pm Orlando arrived. He was dropped off by the door of the MTV TRL studio and got out with a very quick wave to everyone and disappeared inside. This was where our street postion proved to be perfect. We could see Orlando through the glass windows, and he would turn around and wave to us all from time to time. You've seen the inside pictures in the other thread, this was our view. You can just see Orlando behind the diagonal bar on the left. The reflection from the trees ruined the shot.

Then, somewhere around 6.30pm came down, dressed in a black suit and started to work the Red Carpet. We were constantly shouting to Kyle, "Where is he?"

"Just over there," he would reply.

Then, we finally we heard the words from Kyle that we had all been waiting for, "He's nearly here, he's really close!"

(Continued in next post)

Thanks, Laurie, The pictures which identify members by name have been moved to the members only area. Jupiter

Kyle was the first Ka-Bloomie Orlando met, I'll let him tell you his story. Orlando slowly made his way down the line and I quickly snapped a picture, before I knew I would have to put my camera down to concentrate on getting Dog Tag to him.

lonprem84fj.jpg

I was standing behind MM and her daughter with kathryn beside me. As he got really close, I reached out my arm and he looked up and our eyes met. He reached up his hand and I placed the tag in his hand. It was a very brief two or three second moment, but is was enough to feel how smooth, soft and very hot his hand felt. "Awwwwwwwww, that's for Sidi? he asked. "Yes" I tried to shout, "it's from all of us." "Excellant!" he replied. He dropped his hand to his side and Aleen (?) came up to his side and very casually took it from him and hid it in her own hand. I knew she had it because I could see the yellow string peeking out from her closed fist. I then held out my book and he signed that. 'OB x'

The next few moments were so funny because he seemed so bewildered. He said "I love the hats!", so I took the chance and shouted "Where's yours Orlando", "At home!" he replied. (Geri, he's still got it!). Jupiter was trying to get him to say Hello to Ka-Bloom and it sound like he said "Hello to Ms Bloom!"

lonprem95ku.jpg

So he slowly made his way down the red carpet away from us.

lonprem109na.jpg

.and then headed over to the press. Where I think each and every one of us took advantage of the next series of shots.

lonprem116el.jpg

lonprem129ef.jpg

As Orlando became swallowed up in a media frenzy, other celebritites arrived. We managed to swap places with the members who were by the barrier, just incase Orlando should do a second run up the red carpet. I was at the front of the barrier when Billy Boyd came over to talk to us and gave us his autograph. I only had my Orlando biography with me, so he signed the inside back cover. "Isn't there any pictures of me in there?" "No, sorry!" I replied He made a tutting sound. He asked "So, what's with the hats?" Thinking on the spur of the moment and not wanting to go into detail I said something like "Ask Orlando, he knows."

lonprem137hf.jpg

After that, Sean Astin arrived. Not going into detail!

Then everyone disappeared inside. We all slowly drifted away to catch trains or buses, totally exhausted, yet still on high after spending 11 hours standing in Leicester Square. It was the most perfect day, spent with most perfect group of people, meeting the most perfect man.

Great reports and pictures, Laurie and MM.

I'd just like to mention that our beloved yellow-hating Jackie wore her DYC all day (at least she was wearing it every time I looked in her direction). And very fetching it looked, too, Jax. :hug:

Oh and congratulations on your title, Kyle.

The next few moments were so funny because he seemed so bewildered. He said "I love the hats!", so I took the chance and shouted "Where's yours Orlando", "At home!" he replied. (Geri, he's still got it!).

Well that's good know. I would hate for Jan to have to give hers up. :lol:

What a wonderful experience!! :wub: And great pictures!!

Thank you so much for sharing, Laurie and Jaks and everyone who's posted their experience! I think I speak for everyone when I say that we are most grateful to all of you for making such a positive impression on behalf of the Board. I :throb: all of you! :quiver:

So that's what the "At home" was all about. I wondered what he was on about. I thought he had misheard Judi when she was saying "Say hello to Ka-Bloom" although I thought "at home" didn't sound much like it.

All these accounts are most enlightening!

Joseb You were asking about Billy. Yes, he asked both of us! He got no joy from me and asked you instead! Cheeky hobbit. I told him to ask Orlando! :lol:

Kyle, love your new title. Congrats on it. I'm desperatly waiting for your pictures. Hurry Up!

So, are we doing it all again in October for 'Elizabethtown'? :w00t:

Now we've started this, we have to make sure we have at least one or two Ka-Bloomies at every event.

Do you think there will be a rush of registrations when they are re-opened after KOHn?

I have just watched the recording of TRL live (which my son made for me unprompted - he must be ill ), and we were absolutely right that he was pointing and waving at us. He even said "They've got the hats!" :faint: Europe now thinks we are his internet fan club!

Is that too much recognition? :fear:

There is so much footage with us in the background, Judi is so easy to pick out in her pink T shirt. You can see us waving madly at him too . Amazing.

At one point, when they are pointing out "his 5 biggest fans" (yeah, right) who were right next to us - the ones MTV asked Aniethen to move for - you get a lovely clearly recognisable shot of Aniethen herself! :O

Fortunately being short and wearing nondecscript clothes, all you can see of me is my hat!

Edit : I should have noticed the TRL thread and posted this in there, but I'm dopey, so I didn't. Apologies.

Jxx

Edited by MadameMarigold

I'm going to start doing the planning for the booklet today, so all you ka-bloomies who were down there yesterday could you let me know if you do not want your name mentioned/photo included. Also, can I have permission from people to use some of their photos from the day to put in the booklet in addition to mine.

Count me in, Kyle!

I have a few more photos which I should post, so you can include the shot I posted last night and the new ones, which I will post now.

Thanks for doing this.... what a great souvenir it will be!

Note to all UK peeps who were there.... are you still running on as much nervous energy as I am?! I had about 3 hours' sleep last night, woke up incredibly early and I'm just in a daze. Out on the roads today I was drifting around all over the place, from both tiredness and "cloud 9-ness" (not safe at all!).

Mid-afternoon I resorted to equine therapy and spent some time with my beautiful horse. He just seemed to know I was a bit fraught and was so lovely with me (sorry to go on but he is so sweet). Hopefully I'll be back on planet earth by tomorrow.

Hello All!

Wow. I have to say that was one of the greatest day's of my entire life. Of course, I've never been married or had a child, so perhaps it was THE greatest day of my life.

I'm afraid i have to agree with MadameMarigold , I was one of the five as someone has already kindly pointed out (thank you guys!) but i do not believe you can label "greatest fan's" that way.

I just wanted to congratulate the kabloomies that went, You Guys stood your ground and completely rocked the joint. I'm so glad that he saw you all! You deserved it, totally did.

I apologise in advance for making you all think I'm a complete raving looney- perhaps I am? :whistle: But I'm glad that i was proudly displaying the "Damn Yellow Bag!". I wore it proudly. (Up the red carpet too!)

I'm not sure where to post the report of everything that happened. It was all just-wow- too amazing. So seeing as this is about the red carpet I'll say only this.

I went, I saw, i conquered. I walked the red carpet ( WITH "THE DAMN YELLOW BAG!") and was seated 4 rows from Orlando himself in the cinema, including the aisle of course. :cry: I didn't cry. ( I was actually told not to, and i refrained!).

Thank you all for the turnout for him.

I can tell you, sincerely, truely,from his very lips, he was touched.

Hello All!

I went, I saw, i conquered. I walked the red carpet ( WITH "THE DAMN YELLOW BAG!") and was seated 4 rows from Orlando himself in the cinema, including the aisle of course. :cry: I didn't cry. ( I was actually told not to, and i refrained!).

Thank you all for the turnout for him.

I can tell you, sincerely, truely,from his very lips, he was touched.

Oh my goodness, wishfulthinkin, I remember you and the DYB! I really wasn't quite sure what was going on so didn't come over and chat to you. I think at the time we were trying to defend ourselves from an onslaught of pushing from the right, though. Sorry!

Thanks for your appreciation. I have to say I look back and would prefer to forget the cap-wearing (because I am quite vain, really, and it isn't that flattering!) but it got the result we wanted so was well worth it.

I'm so glad Orlando appreciated it. :wub:

I'm afraid I have to agree with MadameMarigold , I was one of the five as someone has already kindly pointed out (thank you guys!) but I do not believe you can label "greatest fan's" that way.

Well, congrats to you Wishfulthinkin! What a fantastic way to end the day. Were you Claire, who was picked or the friend she took with her? (Have I missed a post somewhere? I am, like Caz, feeling rather punch drunk still on too little sleep and too much excitement, so I'm not processing straight). You should have said who you were, when you were talking to us about what questions to ask Orlando. We were all puzzled by the bag. I expect one of us should have asked you, but yes, we were rather occupied with shovers at that point.

As for the 5 biggest fans thing, I'm glad you know it wasn't a personal jibe - I'd forgotten you were one of them! But MTV just makes me go :rolleyes: . I'm sure that 95% of the crowd there would have contested hotly who was the "biggest".

Not, however, the two guys standing behind me who arrived later on, wafting beer fumes, and had no idea who anyone was, and kept prodding me in the shoulder and saying, "Who's that then?" :rant:

Jxx

EDIT: I keep forgetting to say it - congratulations on your new title, Kyle!

Edited by MadameMarigold