little_green

60 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone! I'm here, and I'm reporting!

It's already begun. At 5.50am :blink: , Kyle (Gonedeaf) texted me to let me know he was on his way. I fear I didn't show my excitement fully, as I groaned and promptly fell back to sleep, but I'm excited now, so that'll have to do. Go Kyle :cheer: .

A few minutes I received a call (probably from Joseb, but I couldn't tell), about Orlando being on Radio 1 - Listen now!!!

Will keep you all updated (I haven't even had time for a cuppa yet),

LG

OK folks, here I go!

ka-Bloomie Field Report No. 1

9.45am

I just spoke to Judi (Jupiter) on the phone, and have lots of exciting news. There are a lot of ka-Bloomies already there - she did rattle off a long list of names, all of which I didn't catch, but Jaks (MM) & daughter, Wendy (Laurie), Claire (Aniethen), Kyle (Gonedeaf, he of the early morning text), Gillian (cazrider)... and loads of others are definitely already there (sorry to the people I missed out). There aren't too many people there yet :w00t: , and the barriers are just going up. They've spoken to the lady in charge of the barriers, who has instructed them on the best place to stand, and currently everyone apart from the ka-Bloomies is standing in the worng place :w00t: . Judi also tells me that it's just started to rain. I passed on the news about Orlando arriving at 7pm, which she relayed to the gang with "Orlando says he's coming at 7!", which led to Judi pretending she was talking to Orlando on the phone and not me (not sure they swallowed that one, but we had a go :lol: ). That's about it for the time being. It sounds like everyone's having a wonderful time. I'll keep you updated.

Love from your UK ka-Bloomin' KOHrespondant, LG :find:

Riiight, back to the essay.

ETA: Update.

ka-Bloomie Field Report No. 2

10.20am

Judi just rang me to say that it's raining and the ka-Bloomies are all wet. The yellow hats are decidedly soggy, and she thought you all should know.

LG :find:

PS. Could somebody please come in here and squeee with me? I don't want to triple post! *Shouts* Wake up America!!.

I just received a rather wonderful picture from Judi's camera phone of our London ladies and gent, looking lovely and yellow (and slightly soggy). Not sure if it's for posting, so I'll ask Judi next time she calls. But the ka-Bloomies are most certainly out in force!

LG

PS. Thanks for the squee HDP!

Good morning to all who've joined me!

The reports are coming thick and fast!

ka-Bloomie Field Report No. 3:

11.20am

Judi rang with "absolutely nothing to tell me" and then proceeded to tell me a load of stuff! It's stopped raining :yahoo: , and the ka-Bloomies are starting to dry off. The main barriers are going up, and our girls and guy are standing in a long line, shoulder to shoulder, to maximise Orlando interaction time. They're in a prime spot, right next to the toilets and McDonalds :lol: .

Oh yes, and here's a picture, it's been OK-ed to post! I'll point out who I know from other meetups, but I'm afraid I can't identify everyone (sorry anonymous ka-Bloomies). Click on the image for a larger version.

london1small.jpg

Left to right: Aniethen, one of the next two is Laurie, but I can't tell from this distance!, MadameMarigold, KayElf, can't see their face, cazrider, Kathryn, Kathryn's friend?, dunno, Gonedeaf, dunno. I'm so sorry if you're a dunno :paperbag: .

I do believe there were a couple of DYCs at the London meetup, but this is the first proper group of yellow-hatted individuals. He's so going to see a 20-strong line of yellow hats right at the front of the crowd. How could he miss them?!

Good luck with your exams, Geri  .

LG the Reporter (revelling in her for-one-day-only job)

ka-Bloomie Field Report No. 4 (are we up to four...? :blink: ):

12.40pm

Judi reports that they're just about to release the crowds onto the main barriers, and they're expecting a big rush. Everyone's a bit nervous of what's going to happen. She'll ring again when they're in position. Also, Judi's lunch (a Big Mac from the aforementioned McDonalds) has given her indigestion. Maybe the ruck for the prime spots at the barriers with shift that for her.

Me again.

ka-Bloomie Field Report No.5:

1.15pm

Spoke to Judi and Jackie this time! Wonderful news everyone - the rush has happened, and there are 6-7 ka-Bloomies on the front row, with all the rest just behind!! A sterling effort by our yellow-hatted troops. They are right near the MTV building, and can see their reflections in it - Jaks described it as a sea of yellow hats. Judi is not looking forward to standing stock still for 5 and a half hours. Apparently her feet hurt already :( . So everyone please send positive waiting vibes.

ETA: 1.30pm

Just had a chat to Wendy (Laurie), and she sounds really excited! Similar information to what Judi and Jaks said, but apprently they're all getting really hot now. Also, there's a huge poster of Orlando outside the cinema (squeeeee), and a balcony, on which they expect Orlando to appear later. Front row ka-Bloomies include Judi, Jaks, Claire (Aniethen), Gillian (cazrider) and Jo (Joseb), and apparently Kyle is making a front row of his own in the second row due to his height.

Thanks Jane for keeping everyone informed while I manically overloaded my internet connection!

NEW PICTURE!

And suddenly I feel like crying. Look at our beautiful ka-Bloomies with their beautiful banner :cry: !

london2small.jpg

(Sorry it took so long to do, had to download, resize, upload and post!)

Check out how tall Kyle is! And I do believe I misidentified KayElf a while ago... Oh dear. Sorry! OMG, is that Stephen peeking over the back there?!

ka-Bloomie Field Report No. ... errr.... 6?:

2.15pm

Just received the picture and Judi rang to check it had arrived safely. They're excited about the banner, which looks wonderful. A TV camera has just been past, so they're all well on their way to becoming famous. I passed on everyone's good feet vibes to Judi, who was grateful of them. Not much else going on, other than that the sun is still shining. We're all wondering what's going on MTV-wise at the moment. According to the official site (of TRL UK), Orlando will be anwering questions at 6.45pm. Does this mean he'll be in the region of the MTV building and thus our makeshift ka-Bloomie HQ even earlier than anticipated? Enquiring minds want to know.

Edited by little_green

Mini ka-Bloomie Field Report No. 6a:

About half past two

Jane wondered where Stephen was (before we saw Stephen peekage in the photo). I texted to find out. This was the reply in true ka-Bloomie spirit:

We are all standing in line in Leicester Square. Getting sun stroke and high from the black marker pens we are using to colour in the banner. Stephen

And check it out, no text speak! Jan has taught us well!

Oooh, oooh, I just got another:

We are standing right in front of the MTV window, so expect to see us on TRL at 6pm, so warn the board.

Yes sir! *Salutes*.

Hear that board? Stephen is going to be famous, and he wants you all to watch :lol: !

LG :find: (more than one font in a post? This is all getting very technological!)

Edited by little_green

ka-Bloomie Field Report No. 7:

3.10pm

If this was fanfic, we'd be on the angst chapter :( . Judi reports that there is considerable pushing and shoving from behind. They've been warned that if there's any more shoving, they'll all be removed from the area. Please please keep your fingers crossed and pray to the deity of your choice that they don't get ejected because of someone else's stupidity.

In other, more positive, news, whe they look into the TRL building, they can see all the cameras on the first floor, which are mostly pointing at them! So our guys and gals are going to be famous. Judi echoes Stephen's sentiment - watch that webcast!!

Well, in fanfic, angst often passes, and makes the ending all the more satisfying. Let's all hope for that, shall we?

OK guys, hold on to your bits and pieces, this is truly exciting.

ka-Bloomie Field Report No. 8:

3.50pm

OK, I'll give you the bad news before the good. The banner may have to go :( . They want to put KOH official banners up here the KB banners are right now. But the gals say they're going to hold it up for as long as they can.

The good is the reason for this removal. It so turns out that the ka-Bloomies are exactly opposite the press area. Meaning that the actors and Sir Ridley and everyone else will be stopping right in front of them for their photocall. This means two things:

1) Our ka-Bloomies are going to be in the background of all the press shots.

2) They'll have an extended and awesome view of Orlando's backside. It's time for one of my quotes I think: "Helloooo Orlando's bottom!"

Jan, I passed on the banner message, which Judi will relay to the troops.

Now, even more excitingly, Stephen (Gibsey) just rang me and told me that TRL are gathering people to ask Orlando a question live on either the webcast or TV. One of the lucky people chosen was spotted with a Damn Yellow Bag, and later identified herself as our very own Wishfulthinkin. So ka-Bloomie gets to talk to Orlando! Squeeeee!

Random other news. The banner is confusing tourists. The tourists who come to ask what the banner is for always seem to ask Jackie. We're trying to figure out why. Any ideas?

And finally, something to get chatting about:

Judi would like opinion on what everyone thinks Orlando will be wearing. Please post back your views, as I need to have opinions for her next call.

Please pardon the spelling mistakes, as I just wanted to get this lot posted!

ka-Bloomie Field Report No... 9? (you guys really should have employed someone more proficient in counting... and technology... and typing fast and accurately... :lol: ):

4.20pm

Judi just rang, again with "Nothing to tell", and told me a load of stuff. A carpet van has arrived (gosh, don't die of excitement or anything) but the red carpet has not come out of it yet. Will keep you updated, carpet-wise. The TRL people have been waving. The ka-Bloomies have been waving back. It's all on tape. It's very sunny, and they're all getting a bit burned (pale Bitish skin and all that). Thank goodness for DYCs to keep the sun off, eh?!

They disagree with anyone who thinks he'll be wearing the crinkly leather jacket, and have decided he's going to be wearing a suit (preferably well-fitting, for optimum bottom accentuation). More views, please.

Kat's driving me nuts, alright, because she keeps IMing me with things like "oooh I just heard from Judi" and I've told her over and over again not to waste time IMing me, to just go and POST the darn thing already!! :rofl: Gotta love her, she's so adorable and doing an incredible job. Don't you all agree?

:clap: Go Kat!! :clap:

Sorry Judi, I don't care what he wears. I just want him to say hello to our ka-Bloomies.

I'm about to check out this webcast site again. I emailed them two days ago and warned them of heavy traffic and they wrote back and said they were all set. :oh:

Gotta love her, she's so adorable and doing an incredible job. Don't you all agree?

*Snort*, someone ought to tell that to the UK contingent. A couple of calls ago, Judi said, "Does anyone want to talk to Kat?", which was met with a resounding "No!". Thanks darlings :lol: .

LG

OK, so I thinks to myself, "I'll just take this quiet moment to make myself some dinner". And what happens? Judi phones. And where is my phone? Buried under salad ingredients. Having extracted her from underneath a bag of carrots, this is what Judi had to say:

ka-Bloomie Field Report No. 10 (Double figures - squeeee!):

5.15pm

OK, it's all getting really exciting. The banners have unfortunately been taken down, but the man putting them up said that if they were to put the 'Welcome Home' banner back at the last minute, he wouldn't make them take it back down again. What a lovely man. So a big rousing ka-Bloomie cheer for him.

The red carpet is being unloaded (from the carpet van), and the area is now off-limits to the public. There are plenty of TV cameras, most of which seem to be pointed at the ka-Bloomies. They keep going round getting people to scream, but the ka-Bloomies have not lowered themselves to this, and so the cameras moved on (go girls/guys! Not resorting to fangirlish behaviour! The fine name of ka-Bloom.org still intact!). There doesn't seem to be much normal press around yet.

Kira: No sign of the Sid City Press Corps yet, but Judi is hopeful that they'll come over and say hello when they have a minute. We'll keep you updated, Sid-wise.

Enormous stonking great news from Wendy, via text:

Judi just interviewed 4 E

At which I spontaneously combusted.

Then Judi rang.

Oh.My.God.

She got interviewed by the guys from Queer Eye For The Straight Guy.

Yes, you heard me right.

They wanted to know about the caps, which they took to spell DYC. Say it fast. All at once. Get me? Charming, eh?

Judi undertook damage limitation, explaining that they were in homage to Orlando's yellow hat, nicknamed the Damn Yellow Cap. She said she tried to make it boring so that they wouldn't air it on E! Apparently, they didn't find it very interesting She is also terribly worried about whether Jan is angry, and sounded very shocked (apparently it was all quite sudden) and almost teary. She said, "Let me know if Jan's furious, and I'll just have to never log on again." Eep.

Orlando is there. White shirt. Looking gorgeous. Drove past in car. Take a deep breath before you read on. Seriously.

He saw the ka-Bloomies, smiled, then pointed and waved at them.

Then he went into TRL.

LG :find: (shaking so hard it's difficult to type)

Oh my God there's more.

There's actually :censor: ing more.

Orlando has just killed me. Seriously. I'm all over the place.

He went upstairs at TRL, which is made of glass, and you can see right through. He walked straight up to the window, pointed right at the ka-Bloomies and waved at them again. He's now sitting down being interviewed.

Oh my :cry: .

LG

Don't panic. No more big news yet. Just forgot to say that when Judi heard that Jan wasn't angry, she said, "Oh good, I'll be allowed to come home then.". Which I thought was cute.

This is the calm before the storm.

Update:

Judi rang, and said that Orlando was waving at them again, this time putting his hand up to his forehead like he was wearing a cap. Then there was a huge fangirly scream. Then the line went dead.

O.M.G.

OK, here's the deal. They've had a CEOK, apparently it was wonderful. Judi videoed it all and will post it tonight. They gave him the tag, and he asked if it was for Sidi. He told them how much he liked the hats. Stephen texted me to say how wonderful he was.

Stephen texted me to say how wonderful he was.

I know, quoting myself, ultimate geekdom. But it looks like I said that Stephen was totally bigging himself up :lol: . I'll clarify, Stephen texted me to say how wonderful Orlando was.

Judi said that the only bad thing was that the CEOK was quite brief, but she wasn't complaining at all, just saying that the ones at the back didn't make it to the front to meet him.

I nearly screamed when I saw the caps - and Kyle!!!11!11

Pinky paralysis!

BIG UPDATE:

They've met Billy (CEBK - squeeeeee!), and have wonderful pictures, and apparently he's looking gorgeous.

Kira: They've also seen Sid, but he spent a lot of time with his film crew, and though he heard their screaming for him, didn't have time to say hello. Apparently he's looking absolutely stunning, in a dark suit with and orange shirt.

A bit of the CEOK that Judi neglected to tell me. At the end, as he was signing next to the ka-Bloomies, and someone said, "What are all those hats about". Orlando replied, "Oh, I know what they're all about". He knows! He knows!