Sign in to follow this  
mames71

It's at the IMAX

Okay, I'm totally :censor: excited. Kingdom of Heaven will be playing at our local IMAX!

Can you imagine how BIG this is gonna be? :drool:

Does anybody know CPR?

Guest Madeline

When? Where? Or which towns?

Do you have any other info?

OH! I hope it comes to our local IMAX! Although I'm not sure I could take it! :faint:

Lisa

When? Where? Or which towns?

Do you have any other info?

I live in Branson, MO. Each evening, our IMAX theatre reserves the last showing of the day (9pm) for regular movie releases. Right now, Amityville Horror is playing. With the size of the screen, the movie is, like, ten or twelve times bigger than regular theatre screens.

Let me tell you, this will be so intense! And this being my first time seeing an Orlando film in theatres (I'm kind of a late "bloomer"), who knows what condition I'll be in when it's over!

You know I just don't like watching non-IMAX films on the IMAX screens. Now when they refitted Apollo 13 for it, it was totally awesome.

There is something just sort of strange with the print when they run a regular print thru the IMAX system. Maybe only a person that does film checks for a living would notice, but it drives me bonkers.

You know I just don't like watching non-IMAX films on the IMAX screens.

Amen, sistah! I have poor peripheral vision as it is, and when I first saw Hunt for Red October, I was halfway through the film before I knew what the crazy computer printer sounding noise was and finally saw the messages way up top in the corner! And the opening scene with the closeups of the items on his desk, yikes! Dang Brobdingnagian! :w00t: I forgot the misery of this film and then saw Twister on IMAX. Won't be forgetting again, I can tell you.

I have an IMAX near me in Dayton, Ohio. I haven't heard that KOH is coming there though. That would be so cool though. Orlando on that huge screen :faint: .

Oh I have to check if it's playing at ours here in Minnesota! :yahoo:

Okay, after a really rough week, I finally made it to see KOH at the IMAX last night. Holy, holy, holy, it was so cool! As I mentioned earlier, I'd never seen Orlando on the big screen, so this was very special to me. He was 10x bigger than usual. The close-ups were killer. His coffee-colored eyes, his crooked upper lip, the "boo boos" I wanted to kiss and make better. I'd better go on.

What I liked about the movie was the fact that I didn't know hardly anything about the crusades. I still don't know much, and now I'm interested in learning more. The balance between story and history was very well done.

All in all, it was awesome!