Jan

Paris, je t'aime

Thanks to Carism for the heads-up; she found a listing at IMDb for a film that has Orlando listed as one of the many actors: Paris, je t'aime - as "Eli (segment "4th arrondissement")".

And IONCinema.com has this listing:

This is a feature film in which twenty filmmakers have been given five minutes each to bring their own personal touch, underlining the wide variety of styles, genres, encounters and the various atmospheres and lifestyles that prevail in the neighborhoods of Paris. Yegor Konchalovsky Stanley Kwan Fernando Trueba.

Release Date: Dec 31, 2006

Distributor:

Film Genre: <IMDb lists it as a 'Romance'>

Director(s): Tom Tykwer, Joel Coen, Ethan Coen, Alexander Payne, Gus Van Sant, Steve Trenbirth, Michel Gondry, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Ken Kwapis, Andrei Konchalovsky, Walter Salles, Richard LaGravenese, Vincenzo Natali, Olivier Assayas, Isabel Coixet, Mamoru Oshii, Agnes Jaoui, Christoffer Boe, Jean-Luc Godard, Sally Potter, Julio Medem, Anne-Marie Miéville, Oliver Schmitz, Nobuhiro Suwa, Daniela Thomas

Cast: Natalie Portman, Javier Bardem, Gena Rowlands, Gael García Bernal, Steve Buscemi, Juliette Binoche, Ben Gazzara.

IMDb also shows as castmembers Willem Dafoe and Eva Green (though in a different segment).

If he is in this, the "4th arrondissement" is directed by Gus Van Sant, which could prove very interesting.

I have Lori on the case. :wink:

Cool beans, and if he speaks French Bonus DING DING DING! :w00t:

I thought of that, too - but it does say at IMDb that it's in French and English. And since Van Sant is from the USofA (as are the Coen Brothers)...

Apparently the Coens screened their 5-minute segment at a college* not too long ago; and they said that not all of the segments have been filmed yet.

For five minutes, I imagine that's a couple of days' work. :wink:

*It was at Yale. :O In February.

If he does it, and if he speaks French, you can buy my graveplot NOW. :faint:

That project sounds VERY interesting!

I wonder what Orlando's little segment would be about. Hmm, I look forward to more on this project! :w00t:

Sounds very cool. I can't wait to learn more. I agree, Orlando speaking French :dbb:

Guest Soulee

Orlando speaking French in a deep, smooth voice . . . Wow. :fan: I really hope he does this movie!

Ok yes. If Orlando it speaking French I am SO in trouble. :faint:

Orlando speaking French? Sigh.. Wouldn't that be heavenly? :wub:

Amen to that. Thankfully, I already have a plot.

My heart starts a fluttering just thinking about him speaking French. Elvish and chinese were enough to do me in. Heaven help us all.

Yep, just kill me now and be done with it! :dbb:

I agree, I'm just dying to hear him speak French. I'd melt into a puddle on the floor :faint: .

I thought the same thing. Elvish and Chinese were "bad" enough. If he speaks French (or Italian; that would be nice if he spoke that one day), I'd melt in an instant.

Orlando speaking French :faint: I hope he is in this movie!

Wow, that sounds like a very interesting project - reminds me of "Night on Earth" by Jim Jarmush. Can´t wait to see that.

PS: o/t: Anyone else having problems on the board seeing the cursor while writing a post?

Guest Bog Iris

This certainly does sound like something Orlando might like to be involved in, since it features so many great directors and he's made some intelligent choices of directors so far. I'd love to see him in something really dark and funny by the Coen Bros. where he can showcase his sense of humor.

I would love to see Orlando in this, but I won't believe it until he's actually on set. His sister Samantha's CV said she was fluent in French, and had spent a year there as a PA on a movie set. So I'm just wondering if maybe it's actually Samantha Bloom who has been cast? No grounds for that, it just occurred to me.

Dairwendan

WOW! What a few weeks off the internet does to Orlando fans. I cannot believe what I read that Orlando might speak French. If he does, that would be the end of me. This project will surely be a great end to 2006.

I just found out about this on IMDb today, and of course, immediatly came here, knowing some ka-bloomies would be one step ahead of me. What an interesting sounding project! And yes, if he spoke french... :wub: Well, there is somethign to look forward to.

-Mimi

ETA: Just thought I'd post the entire IMDB summary for those interested.

Summary:

Paris, je t'aime is about the plurality of cinema in one mythic location: Paris, the City of Love. Twenty filmmakers will bring their own personal touch, underlining the wide variety of styles, genres, encounters and the various atmospheres and lifestyles that prevail in the neighborhoods of Paris. Each director has been given five minutes of freedom, and we, as producers, carry the responsibility of weaving a single narrative unit out of those twenty moments. The 20 films will not appear in the order of the arrondissements, from one to twenty, but rather, in a pertinent narrative order, initially unknown to the audience. They will be fused together by transitional interstitial sequences, and also via the introduction and epilogue sequences of the feature film. Each transition will begin with the last shot of the previous film and will end with the first shot of the following film, and will have a threefold function: 1) The first is to extend the enchantment and the emotion of the previous segment, 2) The second is to prepare the audience for the surprise of the next segment, and 3) The third is to provide a general, comfortable and cohesive atmosphere to the feature film. The delightful and brief interludes of these transitions will enable the viewer to slide from one world to the next, featuring a recurring and unexpected character. This mysterious character is a witness to the Parisian life and helps create a continuous narration. It appears both in and in-between the films. In addition to the information these transitions will provide about the city and its people, their tone will be intentionally light often referring to famous scenes easily attributed to the history of Paris cinema. Similar specifications will be followed by the composer who will supervise the musical fusion between the films and the transitions as he creates the musical score of Paris, je t'aime. Considering the common theme of Paris and Love, the fusion between the films and the transitions, the fast pace of a fluid and complete storytelling, Paris, je t'aime will not be just another "anthology" picture. It will be a unique collective feature film that will constitute a two-hour cinematographic spectacle whose original structure will make for a dramatically different experience for its global audience.

Summary written by Emmanuel Benbihy

Edit again.

Gael Garcia Bernal is written as being attachted to the project, as well as Juliette Binoche. :w00t: Gael AND Orlando!!! My dreams are coming true!

I noticed this just a few minutes ago while browsing on IMDB. This sounds like a very classic romance film, and it looks good to me since Orlando hasn't been involved in this this kind of a project before.

Greatly looking forward to it! :wub:

ETA: The poor man must be very busy. The filming seems to take place at the same time as POTC 2.

Guest Morri

Wow, this seems like it will be a great movie, I really hope Orlando gets involved in it. And if he speaks French in it. all the better! :rolleyes:

~Morri

I did ask LoriV about this; apparently Orlando's mother knows nothing about it.

We'll just wait and see, I suppose.