Guest earthcrosser

83 posts in this topic

I adore this soundtrack. Ever since the release of "Four Feathers" I have loved movies that mix two different cultures/religions, because I love when the soundtrack reflects that.

On this soundtrack, there is a balance of the Christian sounding church hymn and the Middle Eastern flavor, the chanting and what not (like track when he's working his land, very Middle Eastern there). That mix between those two different music generes is one of the best parts about the soundtrack. It reflects the two different cultures in the movie beautifully.

Mine came yesterday, but I didn't check my mail until today. I ordered it from Amazon, via ka-Bloom (cha-ching).

I've got the misspelled one! :lol: I just love listening to it. I immediately loaded it into my iTunes on my iBook. Now it's in my car (*cough* minivan *cough*), sometimes known as the ka-Bloomie-mobile. The ka-Bloomettes love listening to the LOTR and POTC soundtracks. Now they'll be listening to KOH. I think probably my favorite track is "Ibelin".

Guest mia

Hi, I love the soundtrack too. My favourite track's are A New World and To Jerusalem. I have the cd with the wrong spelling also :blink: It's probably a printing error but you would think it would have been checked.

I had a chance to buy it a couple of days ago. I am listening it nonestop. It was a bit weird and interesting to hear the familiar tunes and instruments.

7-Ibelin; most familiar one to my culture, actually it is the same, but it is totally Middle East rooted, not Turkish)

14-An Understanding; as my ear catches, it's in Kurdish and reminds classical Kurdish Balads. There are wonderful examples of it.

19-Light of Life, also a little familiar, it is in Arabic, though the only thing I get is "La ilahe illallah" which is a common muslim holy verse. I think, it was, "There is only one God"

And there are lots of Middle Eastern, Anatolian motifs reaching my ears. Begining of the 11-Terms, for example. Overall, it is a very beautiful forms of East and West waving together in my opinion. But not a senthesis. Because in all songs the bridge is made through the theme by balancing the concept. In 7-Ibelin, the little passings between motifs are western tinted as sound. But it carries the characteristics of the original music, they are not blended.

I am guessing that when we see the uncut, we will be able to enjoy the music as a theme more. I don't mean just, because it will be the uncut. It is very likely that some passing parts are used as a detail in cut scenes. They sound like, they are made to accompany a look or a movement ending and starting a scene. Or my imagination is having fun. Again.

PS We also have the printing error.

Edited by Ejderha

Guest Jessy

I so need to pick one up. I bearly buy any soundtrack to any movies but this will be my first time doing so. So I can not wait. :cheer:

I listened to it tonight and I loved it. It reminded me of all the scenes I loved and I am going to get it in a few days.

The only drawback is there is no dialogue on the soundtrack. Some soundtracks add snippets of dialogue from the film, but that's ok. The music more than makes up for it.

:yahoo: I ordered it today (along with the new Coldplay record), can't wait to listen to it!

Ej, thank you for your insightful post! :)

I have it in both of my vehicles and the deck I take to work. I try to listen to other things, but I got the soundtrack before the movie came out and I can't give it up just yet. Anybody else that bad? It's almost embarrassing! :paperbag:

Did they do a recall for the spelling? Every one I have seen is spelled incorrectly.

I would like to say thank you, also, for the insight and added descriptions of the origins of the music. It will be in my mind for a long time.

I have it in both of my vehicles and the deck I take to work. I try to listen to other things, but I got the soundtrack before the movie came out and I can't give it up just yet. Anybody else that bad?  It's almost embarrassing! :paperbag:

Well ponycobbler, it sounds like you're ready to join the "I'm a Soundtrack

Junkie" organization! Nope, you're not alone.there's a least 2 of us. :wink: I bought it before the movie came out as well and was already under its spellbinding influence before I saw the movie. Once I saw the movie however, I was more drawn to the music. I listen to it most days now while getting ready for work and it's always played at least once in the bookroom where my office is on a daily basis. The teachers don't even comment anymore, they just chuck it up to one of my eccentric obsessions such as the boy Bloom, LOTR, etc.

So, shall I don the :paperbag: , or will you take yours off and join me in the "Soundtrack Junkie" organization? :)

OMG, I's so glad it's not just me! Thanks for the invite, I guess I'll color my hair again and join you all. :shiny: I'm pretty sure I'm a sick woman, I finally rearranged the furniture in here by the computer, and now I am trying to figure out how to put elvish lettering on the side of a table. Good grief.

Guess what I heard on the soundtrack last night? The sound of an armful of metal bangle bracelets when you lift up your hand and they slide down. I only know this because I found out the hard way during a Native Costume class showing an Arabian horse. I like the sound, but he wasn't ready for it and I had to ditch them in the arena dirt. I will figure out where it is and post it, now that I can share this stuff with someone. :hug: Can you believe it after 6 or 7 weeks?

Most other stuff seem dull compared to this one, to my ear. It is good enough that my customers listen to it while I work and have gone to see the movie because of the music! All of one ladie's alpacas came up and rested close to the fence to listen. Nine of 'em. I'm not making this up! :paperbag: I better read the earlier posts in here.

Oh yeah, ponycobbler! I know just what you mean about the "he wasn't ready yet" syndrome. My friend Cathy has a horse that dumped her once in a show when the number flag started blowing in the wind and Maryjig didn't like that sound and unceremoniously dumped Cathy in the desert as she tried fleeing from the sound! :jacked:

Ok back to the soundtrack.

After listening to the soundtrack for quite sometime now, I've often found myself picking up subtle sounds such as the one you mentioned. Speaking of that, do you recall the soundtrack number where you hear the bracelets?

When I play the soundtrack in my office (the bookroom) at school, like your clients, my teachers often comment on the music. Many find it very moving, inspiring and when I tell them it's from KOH they are pleasantly surprised. I don't know how many went to see the movie because they enjoyed the soundtrack, but I did have one of my teachers so impressed by the movie, that he booked a trip to Jerusalem this summer!

Glad to have someone else share my passion for this music.

Lisa Q

I have a doubt about the soundtrack and don't know if it has already said before, if it had I'm sorry. :paperbag:

There is a beautiful song in the movie when King Baldwin dies, we see the city and many people and we can hear bell rings, it's a kind of opera, two beautiful voices (a tenor and a soprano, I think), but this piece is not in the soundtrack, someone knows who the singers are and where can I get this part? :blush:

Thanks! :)

Oh, the part where our eyes leak even if we don't want to, because of the music? No, I don't know, and it is hard to find this kind of information. I try to catch the credits, but they seem to roll faster than I can get the information! I would be interested in getting it, too. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Someone will know! :wave:

Remember when the King Baldwin comes into Kerak, the first time I saw it, most of the people in the theater were saying,Ok, we got it! about the music. It kept going over the talking,and I couldn't figure out why. Now when I see it, it seems like it goes with all the upset, nervous energy and rage felt by the people inside, witnessing the scene with Renayld. Does that make sense? It added to the confusion of the court. :knight:

In tiny,tiny print inside it says 'Sopranos; Catherine Bott, Nichole Tibbles: Counter Tenor, Lestyn Davies. I wonder if that is who we are looking for. The search continues!

I think that that song is called "Vide Cor Meum" and it was composed for Scott's film "Hannibal", and it can be found on that soundtrack. It's really beautiful and very moving, I find.

That was amazing! Just a few minutes after we were talking about the music, Marina (welcome, Newbie) :wave: came up with the information! Thank you so much.

Now I have to go get it. Rats!

Also, I couldn't find the part I talked about today, but I will keep checking for it. I hate it when that happens.

Oh, thanks a bunch ponycobbler and Marina! :hug:

Obviously, I am going to find that soundtrack and buy it because really liked that song, although never thought it was originally from 'Hannibal' :doh: .

Take care. :wink:

I really need the rest of the songs we heard in the movie. One day I found the list on the web, but now I am having a difficult time finding it again. Do any of you know where I might find it? I guess I will have to learn how to download this stuff. I gotta have it!

All help is greatly appreciated. ( Yes, I am addicted to it. So what? We all know I'm not the only one!) :paperbag: )

Guest earthcrosser

Aw, Ponycobbler-I'm with ya!!

I need to find it too.I haven't spent enough time looking, but I'll bet there's someone out there who knows where we can find it! When I find out I'll let you know.

:wave:

I came up with a link, but I am not convinced that all the information is accurate. :bat:

I did purchase the soundtrack of 'Hannibal', just for the one song, and put in a request for the soundtrack for '13th Warrior'. (Ah, Antonio Bandaras!) I can pm the page to you if you like, earthcrosser. We need to get this together. I am just getting by on the videos here on the board till the DVD comes out.

Some of the things on the list are going to be tough, being traditional and not on anyone's download list. (dang it!) Man, I love that guitar part in the beginning.

Guest drakius

ponycobbler, you might want to compare your list to this list. I may have some of the spelling wrong because some of the words were hard to read. I am including who performed the songs. I don't yet own the soundtrack, so I'm not sure if these songs are on the soundtrack or just in the movie.

La Roi Renaud de Guerre - traditional

The Crow Descends - Graeme Revel

Vide Cor Meum - Danielle De Niese and Bruno Lazzaretti

Rannanu (Sing with Joy) - San Antonio Vocal Arts Ensemble

City of Angels - Graeme Revel

Jesu Meine Freude - The Hilliard Ensemble

Saz Va Avaz Nahoft - Mohammed Reza Shajarian

Family Feud from Blade II

Valhalla - Jerry Goldsmith

Epitaro - Luis Delgado

Chansonetta Farai Vencut - Ensemble Comtrencia

Balansiya - Luis Delgado

Light of Life (Ibelin Reprise) - Natacha Atlas

Guest earthcrosser
I came up with a link, but I am not convinced that all the information is accurate. :bat:

I did purchase the soundtrack of 'Hannibal', just for the one song, and put in a request for the soundtrack for '13th Warrior'. (Ah, Antonio Bandaras!) I can pm the page to you if you like, earthcrosser. We need to get this together. I am just getting by on the videos here on the board till the DVD comes out.

Some of the things on the list are going to be tough, being traditional and not on anyone's download list. (dang it!) Man, I love that guitar part in the beginning.

Thanks Ponycobbler !! You can PM me if you would-that would be great. There's a list above (thanks drakius !) that we can look at too.I need to see if I can find anything on itunes.I agree that we need to get on this! :hug:

Finally I have a little more information on the other songs. I did get the 'Hannibal' soundtrack and have only listened to the track from our beloved movie, and cried within 20 seconds. Big surprise!

Thirteenth Warrior is not so easy to come by. The track from that one is called "Vahalla", by Jerry Goldsmith. I love that trashy movie, so I will try to get it.

And the only other song so far, (and I can't place it for the life of me, where did it play in the movie?) is one called "Family Feud" from the original SCORE, not the soundtrack, from Blade II.

Our local music store figured it out for me today in less than a minute. I have yet to figure out where to download stuff from soundtracks. If some of you computer whizzs know, please pass it on. I'm getting desperate. (and I am not the only one!) :paperbag:

Oh cool! Thanks for the info pony cobbler! It looks like I'll have to get a hold of the soundtrack to Hannibal myself.

Thanks for sharing the results of all of your leg work!

Guest earthcrosser

ok-here's a slight update, based on my Amazon.com research (what did we EVER do without them???!) Steff-this is for you! :wave:

La Roi Renaud de Guerre - traditional couldn't locate

The Crow Descends - Graeme Revel - from the Crow soundtrack (which I have!)

Vide Cor Meum - Danielle De Niese and Bruno Lazzaretti-Hannibal soundrack

Rannanu (Sing with Joy) - San Antonio Vocal Arts Ensemble - from Ancient Echoes: Music from Jesus and Jerusalem's School Temple

City of Angels - Graeme Revel - from The Crow: City of Angels

Jesu Meine Freude - The Hilliard Ensemble - couldn't locate

Saz Va Avaz Nahoft - Mohammed Reza Shajarian - from Without You by Masters of Persia

Family Feud - from Blade II

Valhalla - Jerry Goldsmith - from The 13th Warrior soundtrack

Epitaro - Luis Delgado - this may be "Epitaphio" from Sueno de Al Zaqqiq

Chansonetta Farai Vencut - Ensemble Comtrencia - couldn't locate

Balansiya - Luis Delgado - from Sueno de Al Zaqqiq

Light of Life (Ibelin Reprise) - Natacha Atlas - from KOH soundtrack

ok-that's what I've found. Steff-I'm going to see if I can download any of these. If you want, can try to email you the ONE song I have.

Well, if you can do that and tell me how, you can get the one from Hannibal from me. ( and I would bow down to you as well!) That would be so cool! Excellent research, by the way, miss Earthcrosser! That was a bunch of new info. :hug:

I think desertflorece is talking about getting the 13th Warrior soundtrack, we were just going to mail them back and forth. It's still better than buying each one.

(The kid on the phone at the CD store got an earful today. Oh, it was ok, I guess, says he. Ha! Now he wants to see it again, when I explained more of the story to him. I want to be the Pied Piper when I grow up!)

I'm so glad we can share this need to hear all of it. I know it is me, but now it's not JUST me! :knight: