Guest earthcrosser

83 posts in this topic

I went to Best Buy to get it, but they didn't have it. :( I asked them why they didn't have it, and they told me they don't carry all soundtracks. So I will be going to Barnes and Nobles this Friday to get it. Can't wait! :)

I tried Best Buy and Circuit City; nothing. I came home and called Sam Goodie. They had ONE. So, now I'm the proud owner of the KOH soundtrack! :shiny:

Suzie, I had the same reaction at Best Buy, Circuit City, and Coconuts! Do these people live under a rock or something? :oh:

Candi

I just purchased the soundtrack and am listening to it right now. Although there isn't a clear and physically moving theme that the music of say. the Lord of the Rings possesses, the soundtrack of Kingdom of Heaven is a gem in its own way. Sorry, I don't know what I was on. There is a clear theme. It's just not as brought out as LOTR. Personally, I really love the choral/vocal work and the exotic sounding instruments used in the majority of the tracks. It brings a beautifully haunting and smooth touch to the music. Just my two cents.

After watching the movie: Love the soundtrack even more.

Edited by Peachy

I am loving this soundtrack. I bought it at Wal-Mart the moment I got home from school, and I've listened to it several times already. Last night, I turned it on really low and programmed the sleep mode on my CD player, so I fell asleep to the music. Which resulted in KOH music and discussions in my dreams.hmmm, mayhaps I'll try the same another night with Wicked.

Suzie, I had the same reaction at Best Buy, Circuit City, and Coconuts! Do these people live under a rock or something?  :oh:

I think it's a big mistake on their part. Not to carry a soundtrack for a brand new movie, especially when it is obvious the soundtrack will be selling like hotcakes.

Suzie, I had the same reaction at Best Buy, Circuit City, and Coconuts! Do these people live under a rock or something?   :oh:

I think it's a big mistake on their part. Not to carry a soundtrack for a brand new movie, especially when it is obvious the soundtrack will be selling like hotcakes.

I know. Just wait until the movie is released. Then everyone's going to be asking for the soundtrack.

Although lacking a clear and physically moving theme that the music of say. the Lord of the Rings possesses, the soundtrack of Kingdom of Heaven is a gem in its own way.

I thought Ibelin was kind of the "theme". Only because there's a reprise at the end.

Candi

Bought mine yesterday and I love it! I have been listening to it all day. IT is so soothing. Not like how POTC was that "get up and go" type of music - but really relaxing and quite good. IT is hard to pick my favorite!

Btw - I went to Borders and they only had one copy too.

Also BTW part2 - are folks a little disappointed with the CD leaflet? I guess LOTR spoiled me. I do like the back picture though. :w00t:

I had the same problem as some of you with finding the soundtrack. I called two Best Buys - both of whom had to go searching before saying they didn't have it. I finally tried at Barnes & Noble and the guy didn't have to even search. He gave me a definitive yes! :w00t: So I picked mine up on the way home before a dentist appointment :sick:. I've listened to the first half. I like both the midevil feel and the Middle Eastern influence. Can't wait to hear the rest.

Amazon delivered mine today. I'm uploading or is it downloading to my iPod right now.

I went to Wal-Mart today and they had it! Not the movie/music stores. :wtf:

I agree, the leaflet was a little disappointing.

Anyway, I was so glad to get it. I like it so far but haven't had a chance to listen to it too much yet.

Everyone, please take a look at the spine of your CD case. No, take a really good look. I don't know if my CD case is the exact same as yours, but it appears as though someone couldn't bother to check a dictionary.or even use basic spell check.

Is that why various stores are having so much trouble finding out if they have "KINDGDOM OF HEAVEN" in stock?

I've been listening to mine a lot. Strange how most music stores don't have it. :oh:

My CD is in my car. I'll try to remember to check the spine and see if it's misspelled. Thanks for bringing that up, Ember!

ETA: seems I can't spell tonight. :rolleyes:

Candi

Edited by Elalia

Everyone, please take a look at the spine of your CD case. No, take a really good look. I don't know if my CD case is the exact same as yours, but it appears as though someone couldn't bother to check a dictionary.or even use basic spell check.

Is that why various stores are having so much trouble finding out if they have "KINDGDOM OF HEAVEN" in stock?

OH MY GOD!!!! Can you BELIEVE that? How could the PTB let something like this slip through? Don't they have proofreaders for the cover art? :eedgit:

Obviously, it's not just yours Ember, but rather a big huge Oopsie Dasie from Sony Music! :bash:

ZB :innocent:

OMG! :O Mine has same mistake. KINDGDOM? I think it's first time I saw a record company make such mistake. And this is from Sony Music? They put this fancy anti-piracy warning on the back of the CD, and yet don't even bother to check for any spelling errors? Duh. :bat:

Just checked mine. How funny that they would make such an amazing spelling mistake that even spellcheck would have caught. Someone is getting hammered for that one.

No CD case for me - I downloaded it from iTunes last night. I just love it. Not what I expected, but I think it's brilliant.

So has someone sent off an email to Sony pointing out the error?

Yep! Mine is misspelled too. Can't believe it got released like that.

Mine is misspelled also on the spine. But I'm still so glad it is here. I'm listening to it for the first time right now. Funny thing is, I remember using the ka-Bloom link to go to amazon to look at it, but I don't remember ordering it. So I was shocked when I saw the little cardboard box in the mail today. I guess I just go on auto-pilot when it comes to all things KOH. :lol:

Mine is misspelled, too.

You know, it is possible to set your spellchecker so that it checks ALL words, even those in all capital letters. Evidently, Sony does not know this.

Nice soundtrack, though, with quite a lot of exotic Middle East flavor. Hey, Balian, you're not in Kansas -- I mean, France -- anymore.

I think word about the misspell has gotten out. I just went to K-mart and Best Buy, and neither one of them had it. The guy at Best Buy looked in the computer and said that store didn't have it and none of the other neighboring stores did either. They must have all been recalled because of the typo and new ones will be sent out upon fixing.

I'm bummed about that, I wanted the CD, misspelled or not. :rant:

Guess I'll just have to wait a bit.

Guest earthcrosser

I'll have to look at mine when I get in my car!

You guys may have a nice little collectors item on your hands.

B)ETA-mine has it too. :ph34r:

Finally!! I managed to find one that missed recall. I was applying at the local Wal Mart today and my mom and brother had come too to buy my bro new shoes. They then went to another store not finding any good shoes and left me to finish the computer application (no fun to do by the way.) When I finished it I decided to check out the CDs to see if the new ones had come.

To my great delight, there was only one still hidden among the "King Arthur" and "Knight's Tale" soundtracks and I snatched it up. Misspell and all.

My mom said I should copy it and play the copy. Try to keep the original disc in good condition because you never know what could be a collectors item one day. But I don't think I would ever give it away.

Anyone else keeping one for possible collectors item one day?

Guest tinkerbell

I must admit that the soundtrack is lovely. I actually listen to it every night before I go to sleep, and quite a few nice dreams have come about from it. :devil:

Good grief! How stupid am I that I missed the misspelled "KINDGDOM?" :doh: Too funny. Well, that explains why Best Buy didn't have it and I only found one copy at Circuit City.

I love the soundtrack, BTW. It takes me back to the world of KOH. Minus the blood and guts, of course. :lol: