MovieImp

81 posts in this topic

The extended cut is likely to expand the running time by "around an hour", Ridley Scott told Remote Control recently.

YES!!! Though I think I may have to buy the regular version, too, just so that I can make it to Christmas.

Excellent news!

Monty Python on - "And there was great rejoicing. Yeeaa!" - Monty Python off.

Excited is not the word. So much Orlando at the end of the year. :cheer: :yahoo:

I'm really looking foward to the early scenes in France.

Yay! I cannot wait for the extended version. :w00t: I don't know how I'm ever going to make it until December. I'm just dying to see more character development.

Thanks for the update!

Wonderful news! :w00t: Can't wait. And it will be 4-discs! Looks like Peter Jackson has started a trend here. :) Thank you for the info, Julia.

:yahoo: Yay!! :yahoo: I can't wait to see the extended version of KOH. So much was missing and it felt like it. I'd love to see the 5 hour version, rough cut or no, but I'll settle for an additional hour.

Thanks for the information MI. :shiny:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Glad to hear the extended edition will be released this year. Although I loved the theatrical version I'm hoping the extended cut will fill in some noticeable plot holes.

:jumpy: I am very excited about this news. And I agree with you, Suzie, it does seem like Peter Jackson has started a bit of a trend. I don't know how I'm going to be able to resist until Christmas.

Right on! Three lovely words: Four disc set. Can't wait! This will be the first time I am very specific about what I want for Christmas. :wink:

Thanks for the heads up.

Oh I am so getting both DVDs! The theatrical version to feed the Orlando/Balian lust and then the extended edition because we all know what scene we want to see edited back in there in it's entirety! And believe me I would not have a problem with 5 lush hours of Balian Goodness.

Last of all let me say: Sword fight between Balian and Guy!!!!!!!!!!! Righteous! Why they cut that out to begin with is BEYOND me! That was one of the scenes I was really waiting for.

Oh I am so getting both DVDs! The theatrical version to feed the Orlando/Balian lust and then the extended edition because we all know what scene we want to see edited back in there in it's entirety!

What she said. Multiple DVD's of Balian Goodness! :faint:

Oh I am so getting both DVDs! The theatrical version to feed the Orlando/Balian lust and then the extended edition because we all know what scene we want to see edited back in there in it's entirety! And believe me I would not have a problem with 5 lush hours of Balian Goodness.

:hellyeah:

I've got to have both versions! For one reason, I must have a complete collection of Orlando's films. For another, I just can't wait that long for the extended version to be released to have Balian in my own home for multiple viewings. Lastly, well, because it's Orlando! :blush:

I'm an extrended version kinda guy. :huh: :lol::ph34r: I try to avoid having the same movie twice in my collection. And frankly, I've seen the theatrical version before, why buy it?

And frankly, I've seen the theatrical version before, why buy it?

Because we can't get enough of Balian! :lol:

I'm definitely going to get both versions. I guess it's because I've done this with all three LOTR movies. And I have all of Orlando's movies that have been released so far. I will be buying Haven when it's released, as well.

Yes, I'm hooked! :shiny:

Candi

Oh I am so getting both DVDs!  The theatrical version to feed the Orlando/Balian lust and then the extended edition because we all know what scene we want to see edited back in there in it's entirety!  And believe me I would not have a problem with 5 lush hours of Balian Goodness.

:hellyeah:

I've got to have both versions! For one reason, I must have a complete collection of Orlando's films. For another, I just can't wait that long for the extended version to be released to have Balian in my own home for multiple viewings. Lastly, well, because it's Orlando! :blush:

I'm with you Adrianne and Faye!! I have to have both. There's no way I'll be able to wait for the extended version so I'll have to buy the theatrical version as soon as it becomes available. I'm not the patient kind where Orlando is concerned. I'm also working on completing my Orlando film collection too. I especially agree with Adrianne about a certain.ahem.scene that we were cheated out of. It wouldn't matter how long the extended version is to me, I'd watch it for hours upon hours. I'm going to support Orlando and this film as much as I possibly can. :wub:

Guest alysia

Although I love Orlando greatly, I think I'll just be getting the extended version. I really spend way too much on DVD's as it is! Besides the original film will be shown on the TV and that will do for me. :)

I CANNOT wait to see the extended version. More Balian! More swordfights! More EVERYTHING! :w00t:

Also all those special features, I'm a real sucker for special features, especially things like "The making of" or "Behind the scenes". Anything to do with the movie making process, I love it!

Alysia

And believe me I would not have a problem with 5 lush hours of Balian Goodness.

I couldn't have said it better myself, Adrianne. :hug:

It feels like yesterday I was saying "I can't wait for May 6!" Now it's "I can't wait for December!!" :yahoo:

I'm a big fan of extended editions, and I am forever grateful to PJ for starting this trend (or at least continuing it). Every time I see the basic ROTK, I think "Why in the world would they cut out the 'drinking game'?" That was one of the best scenes in the movie!

Last of all let me say: Sword fight between Balian and Guy!!!!!!!!!!!  Righteous!  Why they cut that out to begin with is BEYOND me!  That was one of the scenes I was really waiting for.

Beats me. I wondered this a lot myself.

Click For Spoiler
This really isn't a spoiler, but I saw a teeny little clip of Balian trying to slice at someone's midsection in a trailer. It wasn't in any of the main battle scenes; it looked like it was in some small room. I think that was the swordfight with Guy. If it was, then damn, it looked good.

I don't know if I'll buy the basic KOH if I plan on buying the extended edition later. I just might rent it until then. You know, build up the excitement for the EE. But chances are, I'll buckle under the pressure of seeing the basic one and buy it on impulse. We'll see.

Guest Liriel
I CANNOT wait to see the extended version. More Balian! More swordfights! More EVERYTHING! :w00t:

Also all those special features, I'm a real sucker for special features, especially things like "The making of" or "Behind the scenes". Anything to do with the movie making process, I love it!

Oh me too! God bless Peter Jackson for starting/continuing the trend, and God bless Ridley Scott for doing it too!

I'm definitely waiting for all the scenes that got left out, but I have to admit, I'm a special features ho. I now have to work out how to get the two disc version as well as the 4 disc. Because if they're anything like the LOTR ones, there'll be different feature things on the 2 disc than there will be on the 4 disc! Oh what a Happy Christmas to look forward to!

I've got to have both versions!  For one reason, I must have a complete collection of Orlando's films.  For another, I just can't wait that long for the extended version to be released to have Balian in my own home for multiple viewings.  Lastly, well, because it's Orlando!  :blush:

Yeah!. I want both vertions too, but I have to work my :censor: off if I want to buy them :lol:. I'll wait for the EE, better one that anyone.

Stardust.

Seriously - when I heard about this - I was like --->

BEST BIRTHDAY NEWS EVER!

So happy I am! I am so buying both and I just found the ZOOOOMMMM function on my dvd system so HA! I WILL be having FUN.

I would love to say that I can wait until Christmas for the EE version of KOH and Balian goodness.but I know I won't wait that long!

Our local Hastings will buy back your original cut and give you something like $5.00 toward the EE version. So, after I've watched the original cut and the EE version's extras and make sure I have all the same goodies, I'll probably trade in the original.

I've loved this movie so much I've seen it 7 times, so I'll definitely want to bring home Balian for extending viewing pleasure as soon as possible! :w00t:

I want both. Whether I'll get both is a different story entirely. I have both theatrical and extended for LOTR. I will definitely buy the extended of KOH. The question is: will I be able to wait for the extended, once the theatrical is out? Decisions, decisions! And funds will play a part as well.

Time will tell.

:hug:

Welshwoman

Guest marshmallow

I think I will just buy the Extended Edition (or ask for it in Christmas :smoke: ). I can't wait to see all those scenes that didn't make it to the final cut :rant: . The theathrical version I'll probably get it at Blockbuster, but I want to see the special features that it will have, so I'll ask one o my friends to give it to me as a late birthday gift (that way I don't have to spend money on both DVDs :paperbag: ).

No question, I'm buying both. I will have made the last payment on my car by then so I can use that money for the DVD's. The timing will be just right. :)

I found this article towards the back of the latest Empire magazine. It looks like we are getting two different sets, a theatrical and a directors cut. Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I had a good look and couldn't find any reference to it.

empirejul05rz2pg.th.jpg

I've posted it as a clickable thumbnail. If the PEFIC want to upload it to the Ka-Bloom server, that's fine by me.