Jan

KOH: The London Premiere!

Not that I'm trying to create more mayhem here or anything.. :whistle:

.but you do all realise that now that the LA screening has been downgraded to an industry screening and since people don't tend to count Japan - the London Premiere will be treated by the press as the World Premiere of Kingdom of Heaven!!

All right and proper of course, seeing as virtually everyone both before and behind the camera is British.the thing is, it will mean even more cameras and reporters; associates of everyone involved in the project and their dogs (rescued or otherwise); fancy glittery dresses and all other possible excitement.just sayin... :wink:

No-one would notice it on wrist, but I could wear it as a scarf - if I really feel the need to look like a complete eejit  :lol:.

To be a complete eejit, you have to wear DYC!

Um, how can I put this?

No way!

Not that I don't love the DYC on Orlando - it's just I don't have the jaw-dropping, almost inhuman beauty necessary to pull off the look.

Nefret :O I hadn't thought of that! But I really hope that Orlando doesn't bring Sidi - it'll be mad, crowds of screaming people, loads of press, flashes going off everywhere. Not exactly a pet-friendly environment.

Kathryn.

Guest Cl@re

I'm not tempting fate because I have a few finer details to sort through - eg rail works on the line I'd need to take to London, but I am seriously thinking about going to this now.

Okay, I've just gone hysterical and my heart is racing. Please, someone who is a bit calmer, just tell me where I need to be and when. I don't care what I have to do. I will get there!

:faint:

:wave:

I am so going to this and my DYC is coming with me :shiny:

Thank Gawd I'm not going to be the only one! :lol:

:wave:

I am so going to this and my DYC is coming with me :shiny:

Thank Gawd I'm not going to be the only one! :lol:

That's right, wear those DYC's proudly!! :lol:

You lucky people you!! And to think I'm only a 4 hour drive away from New York, but I can't swing the NY premiere on the 4th, as the MD/DC/VA contingent are flying out to Chicago on the 5th.

Now here's my theory on wearing the DYC's to the premiere (or any event, for that matter, that he attends). A sea of DYC's and other yellow garments is very likely to catch his attention. Think about that, those of you who are considering chickening out because you don't like the way you look in it.

And have a ton of fun!!! :damncap:

And for crying out loud, shape the brims before you wear them. They look like duck bills as they are. :lol: That's the first thing Orlando did to his after I gave it to him. He was very particular about that. :wink:

Now here's my theory on wearing the DYC's to the premiere (or any event, for that matter, that he attends). A sea of DYC's and other yellow garments is very likely to catch his attention. Think about that, those of you who are considering chickening out because you don't like the way you look in it.

And have a ton of fun!!! :damncap:

Rebecca's right - wearing your DYCs is sure to get his attention - then you can have CEOKs :w00t: !! I'm so excited for you guys - have a truly wonderful time! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Jules

Here are some more details for the London premiere:

8:00 PM Empire Leicester Square

10:30 PM Post screening party at the Elysium Lounge.

Wear your yellow caps! I've sent word along that members of this board will be wearing them.

Here are some more details for the London premiere:

8:00 PM Empire Leicester Square

10:30 PM Post screening party at the Elysium Lounge.

Wear your yellow caps! I've sent word along that members of this board will be wearing them.

See?! See?! What did I tell you?!? Lori, thanks so much for the additional info and for passing the word.

Oh God.

We've been outed. :lol:

How gutted am I!! :cry: I actually have a DYC, live in London, 30 minutes away.. but I'm working till late!! So, so gutted.

Ray :leg:

ETA: My mate Jane :hug: has persuaded me to think about it. So think I will do. :wink:

Edited by Lossehelin

How gutted am I!!  :cry: I actually have a DYC, live in London, 30 minutes away.. but I'm working till late!! So, so gutted.

:O Ray, can't you get the night off? If I lived that close, I wouldn't be missing it. It's Orlando. Go, woman.

Kelly

How gutted am I!!  :cry: I actually have a DYC, live in London, 30 minutes away.... but I'm working till late!! So, so gutted.

:O Ray, can't you get the night off? If I lived that close, I wouldn't be missing it. It's Orlando. Go, woman.

:lol: You tell her, Kel. I've been trying to make her see the light also. There are times when caution and practicality need to be tossed to the winds. I'd say this is one of those times.

Rayray. GO!

Ray. Darling. You're not thinking clearly, which, when Orlando is concerned, is understandable.

Say nothing to coworkers. The day before, develop either a headache (a 'sick' headache is a good way to describe it), a sore throat or an upset stomach. You may even want to go for the scratchy-throated voice. If you can, practice sneezing. Carry around lots of tissues.

Wear less makeup, if you normally wear it; it's important to go very light on the blush and eyeliner. Looking pale is always a bad sign. Having to go home a little early sets things up very well.

Then, on Friday, CALL IN SICK.

No, I've never done this. Why do you ask? :innocent:

How gutted am I!!  :cry: I actually have a DYC, live in London, 30 minutes away.. but I'm working till late!! So, so gutted.

ETA: My mate Jane :hug: has persuaded me to think about it. So think I will do. :wink:

I can't believe you are even toying with the idea of NOT going! Throw your DYC on and go, you're a Ka-Bloomie, :censor: !

Go Ray Go!

:cheer:

:hug:

Eve

Ray, do what you have to do to get there. You cannot pass up the chance to see him in person. You just can't. Plus getting to meet up with fellow Ka-Bloomies. Jan's advice sounds really good to me. Unless there is media and you end up on the 10 pm news. :blink: Wear a hat and dark glasses, just in case.

To get there.. um. just jump on the number 6 bus, and try and sit patiently for 30 minutes. :wink:

Ray :leg:

Ray, you must go! You'll kick yourself if you don't. Especially if the ka-Bloomies that do go get to have their CEOK's.

Plus, you have all of us back here on the board living vicariously through you. :lol:

And if that isn't a good enough push, try this: He's even more gorgeous in person!! :w00t::faint:

Go Ray go! :cheer:

Candi

Ray, my dear dear Ray. You have got to go! :comeon: You must come up with an excuse.

If I can lie about hubby having twisted his ankle (again) to get out of work to go to a Duran Duran video shoot (another story entirely for another day), you can think of something! You cannot let this opportunity pass! Who knows for sure if there will be a London premiere for Elizabethtown? You may not get another chance to see Orlando.

When I couldn't decide on whether or not to go to Pasadena, the thing that made me decide to go was the fact that I might not get another chance to see him. That was all I needed. I had to go. And I am so glad that I did. Had I decided not to go, I know that I would have regretted it for the rest of my days, knowing that everyone else who was there got to meet him.

So please, Ray. You must find a way! Like Jan said, call in sick. Especially with LoriV passing word on to look out for fans donning their DYCs, he may even come over to you!

:hug: Okay, I'm done.

Faye

:O RAAAY! I can't BELIEVE you would even consider lying to your boss. OMG.. the suggestions made by members of this board are downright dispicable!

KIIIDIIIIING! :lmao:

RayRay you just HAVE to get your cute ass overthere, even if it's just to ask the Precious to sign my mag for me.

*wonders* maybe I should look in to changing my ticket and fly in three days earlier. I mean, if I have to fly to London on the 5th to catch the BA machine to Chicago, I can fly in on the 2nd too right?

Ellen, you have shown your quality. The very highest, if I may say! That would be wonderful if you could swing changing your flight into London to arrive earlier to make the premiere. :cheer: