Jan

KOH: The London Premiere!

You lucky girls you!! :w00t: I hope Orlando will come to Holland some day, but somehow I doubt it. :(

hugs

Louise (a Dutchie)

:w00t: You lucky Ka-Bloomies ! I am hoping for lucky encounters and beautiful reports.

And I want to see him too :cry: .

Edited by Ejderha

After watching the various clips, I'm very, very tempted to go. It's only an hour away after all.

I believe!

I'm still waiting to hear confirmation of the date, but if I can go, how about all Ka-Bloomies meeting up at a certain spot and all standing and squeeling together? It will be even better if we can all wear yellow/sport yellow hats etc. Stand out a bit! :oh:

We will need a Leicester Square regular/local to give us a good meet-up spot. For example - outside a McDonalds.

Laurie I don't think a good meeting spot will exist in Leicester Square that night - the whole place will be rammed! I mean, it normally is anyway.

There is a park right in the middle of the square with a statue, so we could congregate by that - but there will be lots of other people there too! Unless of course people decide to camp there all day.

When my friends and I meet there we normally make for the TKTS booth, but then we know what we all look like and can see each other coming! We will definitely need something to identify each other - make ourselves stand out in the crowd.

Kathryn.

There is a park right in the middle of the square with a statue, so we could congregate by that

It's a statue of Charlie Chaplin.

charlie-chaplin.jpeg

I wasn't thinking of that one! :lol:

It's actually the fountain I was thinking of, on reflection - it's got a statue of the MP who bought the land and donated it to the public on top of it. It's pretty unmissable (whereas Charlie's on one side of the circular bit, surrounded by benches, and may get hidden among the crowds).

That's if my memory is correct - it's a couple of weeks since I was there.

:blush:

Kathryn.

:lol: I doubt you'd miss each other anyway, as long as at least one person is brave enough to wear a DYC!

:lol: I doubt you'd miss each other anyway, as long as at least one person is brave enough to wear a DYC!

Oh Lord! Looks like it may be me with the DYC then!

I can visualise myself now, standing on that pillar beside Charlie Chaplin and waving my DYC frantically trying to catch some Ka-Bloomies attention! :paperbag:

Okay I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but seeing as I work in Empire Cinema which is in the heart of Leicester square I asked Odeon (where they are going to show KOH) if there are any up and coming premieres and they told me that the only one they are having is Star Wars. I asked about the KOH of Heaven one and they said they are not having a premiere for that.so I am confused.

I mean I don't think they would have it at VUE cinema and then show it at Odeon? And we are definitely not having it at my cinema.

Hmm, well if it's completely confirmed count me in, I can take *one* day for an occasion, I'm not as studious as Kat I'm afraid!

So do we know which cinema it's at?

I asked my mate (who lived in London for a while) about good meeting places and she suggested outside the National Gallery or Portait Gallery? She claims that these are near Leicester Sq, would be easy to ask directions for, have good cafes and are probably far enough away / grown up enough for other groups not to be using. I cannot say whether this is a good idea or not so I'll leave it to others who know London better than I do!

So do we know which cinema it's at?

I have no idea, but if anyone wants I can find out. All I know so far is that there is no premiere at the Odeon one.

Some additional info which may be of help. The venue is Leicester. I'm not sure if that's a place, a cinema or a street?? Maybe those in London would know. The date I was given was May 6, but was told that would have to be 'double checked', so its certainly not confirmed. I'll pass on the info to Jan when I get it. thanks.

Sorry for the double posting, but Odeon is showing KOH on the 6th, and normally premieres are on a Thursday or Monday. So I don't think that is the correct date.

I'm sure I've been to premieres on other days but am not going to argue! When someone finds out for sure, let us know! :shiny:

The National Portrait Gallery is about a two minute walk from Leicester Square, so yeah it could be good to meet just outside. We would need to get there early though. But we can do that.

Could the premiere be at the Empire (or whatever it's called) cinema? The Black Hawk Down premiere was there.

As I said, I'm waiting for further information. I only passed along the information I was given at the time as I thought it would be welcome news.

I'll send Jan an e-mail when I have all the details. I won't bother with tidbits as I get them as it seems to cause upset. No problem. :2thumbs:

Sorry, LoriV, your information was appreciated! :hug: But you're right, I shall wait for further information. Thankyou for sharing what you know.

Could the premiere be at the Empire (or whatever it's called) cinema? The Black Hawk Down premiere was there.

As I said in my previous post that is where I work and no we are not premiering it.

ETA: We ARE premiering it! Only it will not be shown to the public here. The Odeon will have it. :cry:

Edited by HopelessRomantic

Ah ok, apologies, I didn't read your post clearly enough. It's late, my brain is fuddled. :rolleyes:

Well, anyway I'm sure we'll find out what's actually happening at some point. :) I don't think anyone was offended, everyone is very grateful for any input given! Thankyou for sharing what you know.

Ok, I'll just be over *there*...Practising my waves.:cheer: In a pink tutu by the looks of it.

I'd just like to add that it is still a few weeks away from when this event may take place. Let's try to remember that Fox has the power to make a premiere happen when and where they wish, even at this late date. In fact, I'd wager that these events are often planned in haste due to other contingencies, one being the availability of the actors in question.

Any information Lori can share with us in the meantime is welcome, as is that of people at 'ground zero'. I'm sure between the lot of us, we can get is sorted. :)

Guest Cl@re

Fox obviously haven't confirmed a date, I say this because the City Of Westminster website has dates of premieres until July 17th listed and KOH isn't amongst them yet. They list for Odeon, Empire and Vue cinema's.

I'll keep checking though.

Lori, all your information is so greatly appreciated, thank you for posting it :hug: . I'm sure all the information will unwind itself eventually!

Joseb, your ideas for meeting places are good - the National Gallery and National Portrait Gallery are in and just off Trafalgar Square, so far as I know. And Trafalgar Square leads into Leicester Square. It's probably a good ida for you all to meet somewhere not too close, as things could get a bit confusing otherwise.

Even though I'm not going :( , this is still so exciting! I so hope there's an Elizabethtown premiere in London too, because I'm going to need somewhere to show off my bright shiny new DYC :shiny: .

LG

I'm still raring to go and look forward to hearing confirmation of the date and venue. I'm assuming Thursday (5th?) will he the one as KoH opens on the Friday so you wouldn't expect the premiere to be on the same day, surely?

We just need to establish exactly who's going and who can arrive when so we can meet at a good time. I normally hate hanging around for the day, to be honest, but think it's worth it for this occasion, otherwise we will just be miles away from the action.

Would you believe I've lost my DYC!! It's been in a box somewhere since we moved house so I'll have to go searching in the garage!

Also, thanks to Lori for the heads-up.

Our FOX contact has confirmed that the London premiere will be Monday, May 2 in Leicester Square.

Let the planning begin!

Guest RiversideGirl

But.but.but.I'll be in Berlin on May 2nd. So I won't be able to go. :cry: